Attachment Parenting

Best carrier for super short people?

I'm 5'...well, technically 4'11", but don't tell Wink

I love the look of the Ergo, but I'm thinking it might be a bit too much for me?  Would the Beco Gemini be better? 

Thoughts appreciated! =)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
My BFP Chart
BFP 12/19/08 m/c 12/26/08 4 weeks 5 days BFP 10/12/12 m/c 11/19/12 9 weeks...love you forever my angel babies!

Re: Best carrier for super short people?

• I'm 5' and a 1/2"  (those 1/2 inches are important you know.)

I have an ergo and I found that it works for me. Pretty much everything is as small as it can go though.

BabyFruit Ticker

• I'm 5'2" and we use the beco soleil. I love it! It's comfortable and highly adjustable. My 5'1" DH uses it too without any problems.
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm 5'1", have the Ergo and love it. It's easily adjusted. Can't speak for the other brand though as I've never tried it. 

• mgm84mgm84 member
    I got a K'Tan and I love it.  The reason I got it was because it came in sizes, and went down to an XS.  I tried on other slings and they were way too big.  Would like to get an Ergo or something similar too.

Lilypie - (eoyh)

• I'm 5'0''. When DS was a baby I tried a mei tai, the ergo, ring sling, and moby wrap. The moby is great, but I only used it for the newborn stage. I wasn't personally a fan of the Ergo. It felt too bulky on my small frame. The mei tai is my favorite because since you use straps to tie it and you can fold the waistband inward if it is too long on you, it is also pretty adaptable for petite mamas. I also liked it because it was one I could use whether he was a teeny tiny baby or a toddler. I'm expecting another little one really soon and ordered a mei tai baby brand carrier.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • If they do this well at mass producing soup and sushi for passing out to ??????? hundreds of passers-by at COACH ????? a festival, then i can't wait to see what Wyatt Maguire does in the kitchen at Chez Roux. We will definitely be making a pilgrimage out there when it opens in January 2009. The restaurant specializes in classic French cuisine with a modernized twist provided by Rhode Island native Wyatt Maguire. Of ????? course the old SPY ????? favorites of Chef Roux back in Britain will be on the menu, but the restaurant will also experiment with healthier dishes and using self-restraint in overly buttery entrees. The Houston-based La Torretta Del Lago Resort and Spa is the city's crown jewel in lakeside retreats.
  • In terms of soft-structured carriers, a Beco tends to be preferred among people under 5'2 over an Ergo (me, included). That said, woven wraps give a custom fit every time, so they can work for any body size and shape. There is an initial steep learning curve, but it pays off in versatility. Mei Tais and ring slings also have more versatility, though not as much as a woven wrap. So much is about personal preference and wearing goals that trying out a babywearing meeting is a great option: https://www.granolababies.com/pages/babywearing-groups, https://babywearinginternational.org/pages/chapters.php

• A mei tai or a woven wrap. Absolutely can be for any size size.  No buckles to dig in anywhere.  

I recommend the Kozy mei tai. It will work for all ages newborn to as big as you want to carry.

https://kozycarrier.homestead.com/ 

OR the didymos wrap.  Also for all ages. I like the long ones. You can find them on sale sometimes. They are thinner than some others and the knot is smaller.  

• Hey Mama! I am 4'11" too! I found that our Ergo was way to big for us and he sat to low on my back for my liking. I had better luck with a Boba, but I found Tulas pretty late in the game and got a Toddler size Tula for DS and we love it! If I had to buy a soft structure for this next LO I would look into a standard size Tula before purchasing a Boba again. DH and I both found that it wasn't as diggy as our Boba. However, I found that I could always get a custom fit with a woven wrap, but there is a learning curve. I ended up wrapping my DS most of the time instead of using our SSC. Now since it is so large I do used our Tula and LOVE it! 

Do you have a local babywearing group or natural parenting store that carries the brand in your area where you try on SSC? It really is a good idea to try on the carrier before purchasing. 

Tula

https://www.tulababycarriers.com/

Boba

https://www.bobafamily.com/

Nickie
    Proud Cloth Diapering, Babywearing Mommy to Desmond (5.30.2011) and Evangeline (2.26.2014)
    Loving wife, best friend and teammate to Babywearing Daddy, Kelly (7.27.2000)

Volunteer Babywearing Educator at Babywearing International of South Central Pennsylvania 

• cpmichcpmich member
    Consider a Tula or a Bloo Kangaroo Kanga with straps that cinch to extra petite.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"