January 2014 Moms

I am driving myself crazy....what about you??

During our first 12 weeks we had 5 u/s and 2 doppler so about the time we started to get a bit nervous we would have another appointment. Now that things are normal we have to go 4.5 weeks without an appointment to hear the hb or see our little one. Our next apt is still 2.5 weeks away. I have been looking for a fetal heart monitor on Craig?s list and at second hand stores but have not found one yet. I have a bump, but it does not seem to be growing. I ?popped? early b/c I had twins and then lost one. Also, I have been given the ok to exercise, so I swim a couple of times a week.

How are you staying clam????

Re: I am driving myself crazy....what about you??

• In the beginning I was so envious of everyone getting ultra sounds and heart beat checks because I haven't. My first u/s is next week and I think my sanity has been preserved by not having any yet really. For this FTM ignorance is bliss!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

PCOS diagnosed secondary infertility

BFP #1 (letrozole 2.5mg + ovidrel) February 2016, MMC April 2016 @ 7 weeks

BFP #2 (letrozole 5mg + ovidrel) July 2016, Beta #1 359, Beta #2 745, Beta #3 11484

EDD April 9th, 2017

• I feel your anxiety. My first 9 weeks I had an u/s every week bc I was ivf. Once I was released to my OB I only have the every 4 week apts. I am an anxious paranoid person so I got a Doppler. Well I borrowed from a friend. It's a sonoline b she bought off eBay. It was 56 but the peace of mind is so worth it. I recommend purchasing one for sure!
  • Loading the player...
  • I am just trying to stay busy. My DH is great because every time I start to worry (we had a loss in March) he tells me there is no reason for us to think anything is wrong. 
    Anniversary

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I totally hear you. In my shoes, it's been helpful to have been on vacation, be occupied with DD and her birthday, and also just being busy in the summer. My appointment is next Thursday and I am looking forward to it.

• ccip82ccip82 member

I have been biitching about this a lot lately, but my pregnancy and care here in the UK is very different from in the US. Not to say it is bad-they are not as proactive in their care. I do not get many ultrasounds and they do not listen to baby's heart beat on the Doppler. My appointments with the midwife are very brief and basically a bunch of Q&As. 

I chose to have the NT scan and have that on Wednesday. I am so excited for a chance to see LO!

________________________________________________________________________________________________

sibling love  

• I'm in the same boat.  I sold my doppler because I felt I was becoming obsessed and needlessly worrying myself if I couldn't find the hb.  Now I'm kicking my azz because I don't have it and my last appt was at 14w.  Next appt. isn't until July 31 at 18w4d.  :( 

I have no advice on how to stay calm.  lol, so I'll be watching for helpful answers, too!  :)  I'm sure all is well, but the irrational side of me is freaking.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Jacob & Audra - married since 05.28.11
    Emma Kate - born 10.16.03 @ 29 weeks, weighed 1lb 13oz and 13.5" long.
    Ozzy Joseph - born 11.01.13 @ 31 weeks, weighed 3lbs 7oz and 16" long.
    TTC #3
    _______________________________________________________________________________________

• SayAXOSayAXO member

Thanks everyone! 

So I went to eBay and started bidding on a sonolineB since many of you said it was a good one. When it got in the $50's I decided to 'buy it now'.....so I did. Not realizing that I bought another monitor!!!!! Now I bought and paid for one AND I am the highest bidder on another.....GREAT. Anyone want to share in my new obsession (hearing my babies heart beat) and out bid me on the second monitor??? :)

It is at $51 now: 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/380674217834?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1426.l2649 

• buying the doppler was the best $85 i ever spent:) this is coming from someone who was wholeheartedly against any and all ultrasounds. But hearing your baby is the sweetest sound. 
    yes, it can be nerve wrecking at times (it takes me at least 15mins to find the HB, but knowing that it can be difficult to find I don't give myself a hard time about it.) I set some perimeters for myself ie i can only use the doppler once a week with the exception of pulling it out more frequently if i am spotting/cramping.

also, i noticed my bump gets smaller. I think this because of my nausea. I don't weigh myself but I actually think i may have lost of weight. so don't worry if you haven't 'popped' yet. I am all bloat. but i rock that bloat like it's the best baby bump out there:)

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7
    PgAL

• I purchased the angelsounds fetal doppler.  It's only $30 on amazon and there are some on ebay.  I didn't know about the Sonoline B until after I purchased (it was an impulse buy), but it seems to work just fine.  I'm trying to only use it once or twice a week...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"