December 2013 Moms
Options

Still waiting for that "burst of energy"...

Hey everyone!  This is my first post here.

I'm 19 weeks with my 1st, and am still finding myself groggy and exhausted every day.  I get home from work and take an hour nap almost everyday - on the weekends, I'll take 2 hours.  I still need to be wary of how much energy I expend because I know that I'll pay for it the rest of the day.  Which means the only exercise I've been able to get is taking my dog for a 2-3 mile walk everyday.  Which is lovely, but at this point I was kind of expecting to feel almost back to my old self at least for a while.  I have been looking forward to getting back to the gym and/or running, and working in the yard, etc etc... but NOPE!  I get about 20 minutes into my yardwork and I have to go back inside for a breather.

Anyone else having this problem??  Or does anyone have any words of advice?  DH has been totally supportive, and keeps telling me that it's normal for me to be tired, since I'm, you know, making a human, but I still can't help but feel completely useless!

Thanks everyone!

Re: Still waiting for that "burst of energy"...

• Options
    Same here. I'm 18 weeks now and still no burst of energy. I guess I'm less exhausted than I was during the first trimester, but I wouldn't consider myself energized. Not only am I tired, but I feel completely unmotivated to even do my simple housework each week. My SO helps a lot with it but I feel bad because I know I'm capable, but I feel tired and lazy. I also don't want him to feel like I'm taking advantage of him because I know that if I take out the laundry basket, he will end up doing it all.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Yeah I don't think I've had a "burst of energy" but I do feel a little less exhausted than I did in first trimester. Since my symptoms have all been pretty mild I don't like to complain but sometimes I still just need a nap!! I feel like you have to listen to your body and give yourself a break when you feel that way.

Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker

image image

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Same here. Zero energy, which is hard with two little ones running around. Just listen to what your body is telling you.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I have zero energy. I am waiting for the burst of energy too! Luckily, the rest of the symptoms have pretty much disappeared.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options

I'm so glad it's not just me!  My mom keeps saying how surprised she is that I'm not more energetic, which doesn't help any.

I do feel slightly better than my 1st trimester - which I refer to as my "zombie phase".

• Options
    You usually do have more energy in the 2nd tri when compared to the 1st but not more than normal. I would ask my doctor to check my iron levels because low iron is common during pregnancy and can lead to fatigue.
  • Options
    I had the burst of energy for about two days and now all I want to do is sleep.
  • Options
    Yup same here!! I'm always tired! And my DH has no sympathy. He has repeatedly called me lazy. I just agree with him now. That way he might "get it" duh AHole I'm pregnant! Whatever.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"