June 2012 Moms

Brushing

My DS hates for me to brush his teeth...he has about 8 teeth and since he's been eating real meals I need to brush them regularly.

does anyone have any suggestions? How do you care for your LO's teeth?

TIA! 

Re: Brushing

• I let DD brush on her own a bit and then I jump in. I brush my teeth at the same time, so she likes to do what I do. She thinks flossing is hysterical!

I am using a natural tooth paste from Young Living and she likes it too.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • imageacbfreire:

I let DD brush on her own a bit and then I jump in. I brush my teeth at the same time, so she likes to do what I do. She thinks flossing is hysterical!

I am using a natural tooth paste from Young Living and she likes it too.

is she using a toddler brush? 

• Loading the player...
  • It is a very small brush with soft bristles, I think so. I bought it at Walgreen's a long time ago...
  • We turned it into a game. We treat his teeth like monsters and I scream when he shows me them and make them "go away" by brushing them off. He has no idea whats going on, but he thinks it's funny. 

• imagethatoneredhead:

We turned it into a game. We treat his teeth like monsters and I scream when he shows me them and make them "go away" by brushing them off. He has no idea whats going on, but he thinks it's funny. 

That's too cute!

DD has 7 teeth, we just let her brush them with her toothrbrush. This amounts to her just sucking the water off the bristles, but when she's done she'll let me brush them.

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagethatoneredhead:
    We turned it into a game. We treat his teeth like monsters and I scream when he shows me them and make them "go away" by brushing them off. He has no idea whats going on, but he thinks it's funny.nbsp;

Haha! I love this!

I have Nuk toothpaste that is apple banana flavor. My DS likes it. Drbeth, maybe a different flavor of toothpaste will work?

Also I still use a finger brush. I haven't used a regular toothbrush yet.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'm going to have to switch back to our finger brush b/c nothing else will get him to open his mouth for a regular brush. I get two swipes at his bottom teeth, and then he clamps down tighter than a gator at dinnertime.

• imageunaveragejane:
    I'm going to have to switch back to our finger brush b/c nothing else will get him to open his mouth for a regular brush. I get two swipes at his bottom teeth, and then he clamps down tighter than a gator at dinnertime.

this exactly what my DS does even with a finger brush! 

• imageJessieCupcake:
    imagethatoneredhead:
    We turned it into a game. We treat his teeth like monsters and I scream when he shows me them and make them "go away" by brushing them off. He has no idea whats going on, but he thinks it's funny.nbsp;
    Haha! I love this! I have Nuk toothpaste that is apple banana flavor. My DS likes it. Drbeth, maybe a different flavor of toothpaste will work? Also I still use a finger brush. I haven't used a regular toothbrush yet.

i haven't tried toothpaste yet because he won't let me get in his mouth but I will try... 

• We never did a finger brush.
  • DS loved my large toothbrush with the little rubber bristles and wanted to imitate me with that but wouldn't let me use the toddler brush on him. I got him an adult brush like mine and let him chew on it and play with it . . . he took it to bed once and fell asleep clutching it.  I then switched it to a toddler brush so I could actually fit it in his mouth and brush.  I did have to let him do it on his own for a few weeks before he let me join in.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • There is a teether by MAM called Bite & Brush. They sell it at Target. They are brushing their teeth and they don't even know it!
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"