May 2013 Moms

STTN question

When your LO started sleeping for 6+ hours was it a gradual thing, like they slept 3 then 4 then 5, or was it sudden? 

Just out of sheer curiosity... 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: STTN question

• I would like to know too. My LO gave us 2 nights of 5 hrs of sleep and I was so excited but we are back to waking every 3 hours :
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • For us, it was all of a sudden during her 6 week growth spurt.  She went from waking up two times a night (12am and 3am) to sleeping from 9:30 or 10pm to 6am.  I almost had a heart attack when I woke up the first morning... but she was quietly awake cooing at her mobile... 

She now is going to bed earlier (7:30 or 8), so she does get up at 3am again for a bottle, then goes right back down for three more hours or so.  

BFP 1: m m/c 3/2012 miss you, my baby! BFP 2:9/22/2012 DOB: 5/24/2013 It's a girl!! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • RoxZ32RoxZ32 member
    I got 6 hours around 6 weeks. She's 9 weeks now and she giving me about 910 hours. I guess I'd say it's been a gradual change. Since you asked this question in assuming your anxiously awaiting your 6 hours it will happen soon enough and it will feel great. :

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageRoxZ32:
    I got 6 hours around 6 weeks. She's 9 weeks now and she giving me about 910 hours. I guess I'd say it's been a gradual change. Since you asked this question in assuming your anxiously awaiting your 6 hours it will happen soon enough and it will feel great. :

Haha I am! He went 5 hours between feedings last night but it started at 8:30 and I didn't go to bed till 10 so I didn't get to sleep that whole time. 

• DS just started sleeping more at night over the past week (at about 9 weeks). I EBF. Prior to last week his longest stretch had been about 4 hours (which he very gradually built up to).

Here's how his long stretches went last week:

Tuesday night: 5.5 hours

Wednesday night: 4 hours

Thursday night: 2.5 hours

Friday night: 5 hours

Saturday night: 6 hours!

Sunday night (last night):7.5 hours!

I know all this because I very recently started tracking his sleep on an app on my phone. So for him the jump from 4 hours to longer happened suddenly (assuming his sleep keeps staying like this, which I hope it does!) Getting more sleep this last week has made me feel like a new woman!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickersCafeMom Tickers

• For both my boys it was sudden and consistent after the first time. They both went from waking every 3-4 hours to suddenly every 8-9 hours.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• She usually slept 3 hours then if turned to 5, it's a minimum of 8 but is usually more like 10. She started sleeping longer stetches by 7 weeks and now at 10 weeks she sleeps through the night easily.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My LO is 10.5 weeks, EBF and is consistent at 4 hrs with a 5 or 5.5 hr stretch now and then. BUT... Last night he slept 9 hrs straight!!! I think he slept that long bc he barely took any naps at all on Sunday. So I am expecting him to go back to sleeping a few hrs as his longest stretch at night. But there will be no complaints from this momma if he wants to keep with 9 hrs.

Me (32) DH (34) | |
    BFP #1 4/5/12 | Natural m/c on 4/18/12 (6w1d)
    BFP #2 8/23/12 | DS born 5/3/13
    BFP #3 12/6/15 | DD born 8/23/16
    BFP #4 2/22/19 | EDD 10/28/19
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"