May 2013 Moms

My poor wet baby!

So my LO normally sleeps a 4 or 5 hour stretch, then 2 or 3 after. I normally always change her diaper in between, but last night she was so sleepy I decided to skip the change. I figured...babies who STTN don't get changed so it should be ok...

Well! When she woke the 2nd time she was soaked through her sleeper, sleep sac, and even her sheet was wet...it wasn't sweat, we have A/C and I could tell

I felt so bad. Poor thing. For those with babies that sleep super long stretches...do your diapers last?? She is 7 weeks.

Box says 12 hrs...ya right!
 Image and video hosting by TinyPic          

image  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: My poor wet baby!

• My LO slept 8 hours last night and we didn't have a leak just a really heavy diaper!!
  • imagemishy2006:
    My LO slept 7 hours last night in pampers baby dry. I've never had her leak through and the diapers are pretty heavy when I change her in the morning.

That's exactly what she had on...hmm I wonder if its because I recently switched to size 1 and maybe they are still a tad big!
     Image and video hosting by TinyPic          

image  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • delinodelino member
    Her diaper lasts through the night, but if she wakes for a feed and goes back to sleep her diaper will be much much more full. We have had small leaks and had one instance like you described when she was a newborn and my exhaustion kept me from changing her.
    3 ectopic pregnancies (EDD's 1/30/12-tube removed, 6/2/12-methotrexate and 10/2/12-methotrexate)
    IVF and Natural FET resulted in BFN's and a hole in our wallets
    Natural BFP #4 on 9/7/12 gave us our miracle on 5/18/13
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • RoxZ32RoxZ32 member
    My baby girl is 10lbs and is wearing pampers swaddlers size 1. We actually just woke up after 10 hours of straight sleep with no leaks. Her diaper is just very heavy! I've only had a couple leaks since she was born while wearing the swaddlers.
    You questioned whether the diapers are to big.. I haven't used the pampers baby dry but I did try the pampers sensitive and they fit different from the swaddlers in the same size, they are actually to big on her. If leaks continue to happen, maybe you could try a different style of pampers.

• LN1024LN1024 member
    We CD but have had a few leaks on days/nights when M has gone more often. I wouldn't stress it, because it happens. 
  • KLJ3KLJ3 member
    Yeah, I bought the Pampers baby dry in size 2 for my LO since he's sleeping 7 hour stretches and then 2 more after his 5am feeding. I've had a couple leaks, but nothing quite as drastic as what you described! Regardless, the diaper is usually crazy full if I leave him unchanged until he wakes up the second time, so I sneak in a quick diaper change before I feed him.

FWIW, I've found that Target brand diapers seem to hold a tad bit more than Pampers of the same size, if only because Target diapers consistently run larger than "name brand" diapers.

ETA: LO is 9 weeks and 15 lbs.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• DD sleeps 7 to 8 hours sometimes in her Swaddlers. Honestly, I think they are better than Baby Dry. I've been trying to get rid of all the Baby Dry we got as shower gifts, so I send them to daycare for them to deal with, lol.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • My baby sleeps 8 hours and she has never leaked... Knock on wood. We use pampers swaddlers, Huggies didn't even last 4 hours during the day on her.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My little one is 6 weeks and in the pampers swaddlers size one. Only time shes leaked was when I first switched her and she blew out. I waited a bit longer than I realistically should have to switch sizes... so that probably played a bit of a part there
  • imagescormier123:
    So my LO normally sleeps a 4 or 5 hour stretch, then 2 or 3 after. I normally always change her diaper in between, but last night she was so sleepy I decided to skip the change. I figured...babies who STTN don't get changed so it should be ok... Well! When she woke the 2nd time she was soaked through her sleeper, sleep sac, and even her sheet was wet...it wasn't sweat, we have A/C and I could tell I felt so bad. Poor thing. For those with babies that sleep super long stretches...do your diapers last?? She is 7 weeks. Box says 12 hrs...ya right!

I think thats 12 hours without eating or drinking...

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • imagedoctabroccoli:
    DD sleeps 7 to 8 hours sometimes in her Swaddlers. Honestly, I think they are better than Baby Dry. I've been trying to get rid of all the Baby Dry we got as shower gifts, so I send them to daycare for them to deal with, lol.

Agree. LO was constantly pooping up the back of the baby dry.
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"