Parenting

share your fun indoor activities!

Hi everyone. I think most of us are experiencing a crazy heat wave this week. I live in western NY, and we have a warning today (any probably all week) due to a high heat index. I figured a lot of us are going to be stuck inside with the kiddos this week and thought I would start a thread to share ideas on how to keep busy!

My ideas-painting in the bathtub, building a fort and having a "picnic" lunch in there. We may hit up the science museum this week.

Anyone have any fun activities they want to share???

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: share your fun indoor activities!

• Blow up a bunch of balloons and let him go at it.  Last week DH did this for Oliver and he has a great time kicking them and hitting them up in the air.  He still has some and I've just been putting them in his closet at night.

ETA:  Also, DD started drawing funny faces on the balloons last night.  Oliver told her what he wanted her to draw.  Like one has a puppy face.

Lilypie - (gu1R)
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• Cotton ball snow ball fight

Scavenger hunts

paper plate frisbee toss into boxes or laundry baskets

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/1e/60/2a/1e602a4261a90b9c761ebe748b780318.jpg    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/47/2c/07/472c076006afed606241716dd0db828a.jpg 
  • Loading the player...
  • imageKlondikeBar:

Cotton ball snow ball fight

Scavenger hunts

paper plate frisbee toss into boxes or laundry baskets

Laundry baskets are awesome non-toy toys.

Lilypie - (gu1R)
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• Take a big box and let Lo decorate it. Turn it into a spaceship! 

Baking aka stirring a bunch if random shiit in bowls and making huge messes. 

I bust out the plastic eggs from Easter and we do egg hunts

Check to see if your area has a children's museum

Invite friends over to play/do crafts 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

It takes a special amount of bitch to induce menstruation in another person. - LovelyRitaMeterMaid

Rap Roller
  • imageM&MHaveMyHeart:

imagekatem3277:
    I'm guessing watching the Lorax is a bit less creative idea than you are looking for?  lol

Lol

I'm boring. DS kind of just plays with all his toys but he is still young so I am of no help. 

Ha..this is where we're at right now too. At 6 1/2 months, the usual routine is still just eat, play, sleep, run errands, rinse and repeat. But as he gets older play time will become more exciting and interactive!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • This is why we are making a play room. I need a place that's always got fun things happening.
    We are doing a jumpoline, rope ladder, train table. Art space. And make believe space
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"