April 2013 Moms

H had to hold me back!

Mobile users: H had to hold me back!

So. As H and I were standing at Verizon upgrading our phones, a crazy lady came and started talking to my girls. Telling me how cute they were, you ladies know how this goes.

Then as she is about to walk away I hear her say something.
Her: "having two has got to be a lot easier than one though"
Me: was fairly certain I heard that wrong....but after confirmation...nope. Heard it right.
Me: uhmm was that a joke? Honestly couldn't tell..she looked serious
Her: No. It must be nice having another one so that they entertain each other.
Me: blank stare...they're 4 months old. The only person who does any entertaining is ME! And if....

And this is when my husband saw the flames shooting out my ears mind you as I'm bouncing one baby while standing and rocking the other in her car seat with my foot grabbed my arm and said "ugh Jordan. Just let it go"

I was about to cut throat that lady.

What I didn't get to finish was "if you think it's easier because they "entertain each other" be my guest and come to my house at 6pm and you tell me how well that works out for you!"

I mean really. What makes people say the craziest things?!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: H had to hold me back!

• Welllllll technically she is right, in a few months when they can play and become a little more independent they will be easier than one. You don't have to worry about going to imaginary tea parties etc because they have each other.Its always fun having a built in play mate. Etiher way i'm sure she didn't mean any harm lol

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker                                                                  

Baby on Board - My Blog 

Anniversary

• Clearly they are not of age of entertaining each other. And regardless, even if they DO entertain each other, they will also bite each other hit each other, steal toys, cry because of it oh and not to mention...cause trouble. TOGETHER!
  • Loading the player...
  • I actually don't think anything was SAID over the top at all. I didn't say what I thought. Just that the only person who does any of the entertaining is me.

I put in a lot of hard work and it sucks for people to make comments like that, that make it seem like everything I do is so easy.
  • imageJordynLeighx3:
    Clearly they are not of age of entertaining each other. And regardless, even if they DO entertain each other, they will also bite each other hit each other, steal toys, cry because of it oh and not to mention...cause trouble. TOGETHER!

I really hate the twins are so much harder than one baby storyline. Cause its not always true. My nieces are twins and my mom raises them and they in my opinion are wayyy easier than a singleton. They used to play with each other around the 6 month mark so who knows your girls may surprise you. 

Baby on Board - My Blog 

Anniversary

• imageMsAmeera25:

imageJordynLeighx3:
    Clearly they are not of age of entertaining each other. And regardless, even if they DO entertain each other, they will also bite each other hit each other, steal toys, cry because of it oh and not to mention...cause trouble. TOGETHER!

I really hate the twins are so much harder than one baby storyline. Cause its not always true. My nieces are twins and my mom raises them and they in my opinion are wayyy easier than a singleton. They used to play with each other around the 6 month mark so who knows your girls may surprise you. 

They might. I'm not saying that they are harder by any means but this is like someone saying to you that a newborn is not hard work because they don't know what it's like. And they won't until they do it.
    I just thought her comment was a little far fetched. Why would you say something like that to a new mom who has been busting her butt for four months. I'm assuming this is not how she implied it but the crying in the store was already irritating me as H kept asking more dumb questions prolonging our stay to the Verizon lady.

And I hope they entertain each other. From what I read on the multiples board..it does happen. And do does fighting, bitting, stealing toys and crying, hitting etc. that is all stuff I'm hoping to avoid haha
  • imageGrace0609:
    Yes, we gather from your posts that having twins is much harder than what everyone else is going through.

Jeesh. Refresh me?
  • I think you need to calm down. If she said your babies were ugly, then she would deserve the above reaction. I think what she said should've rolled off. There's def. worse things that have been said. People are stupid, why waste so much energy on it?
  • I don't think anyone is? It's the fact that she made a comment based on no facts that really irked me :D
  • Kate_CKate_C member
    I don't think, or at least I would hope, the lady wasn't suggesting that you have it easy or that twins aren't more work than one. That would be nuts. It sounds like she had a bad case of foot in mouth disease where things just weren't coming out right and she just kept digging the hole deeper... She probably should learn to keep her internal dialogue internal!
  • Cut throat that lady? Were you seriously angry at this woman's comment? She didn't try to like grab one of them from their car seat or say they were ugly or something. Its not that big of a deal. People say crazy things - this isn't news.

"I wanted you more than you'll ever know, so I sent love to follow wherever you go."

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

image Follow Me on Pinterest

Ginny DX 21-Hydroxylase Deficiency Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia

Charlie DX Specific Antibody Deficiency & ASD

• imagemelandjames14:
    imageJordynLeighx3:
    I don't think anyone is? It's the fact that she made a comment based on no facts that really irked me :D
    I can agree with that! I guess my comment was directed at her also. I don't think it's anyone's place to judge someone else's situation.

What did she judge? She simply said it must be nice to have two. She didn't say, "Geeze they look bored, you must not play with them ever. Good thing they have each other...."

"I wanted you more than you'll ever know, so I sent love to follow wherever you go."

• I just don't understand why people feel the need to make comments about stuff like that. Instead why not just say "oh how cute" and be on your merry way!

Maybe my feelings were a little out of line...it had been a long day.
    But clearly all I do here is post about "how much harder I have it"...I don't recall ever doing this so I guess if I have I deeply apologize.
    My comment back to her implied that no it's JUST as hard lady.

Thanks for all the support I've been given in the last year otherwise.
  • imageOhSewCrafty:

imagemelandjames14:
    imageJordynLeighx3:
    I don't think anyone is? It's the fact that she made a comment based on no facts that really irked me :D

I can agree with that! I guess my comment was directed at her also. I don't think it's anyone's place to judge someone else's situation.

What did she judge? She simply said it must be nice to have two. She didn't say, "Geeze they look bored, you must not play with them ever. Good thing they have each other...."

Can you imagine how it feels if someone were to tell you that having a baby must be easy because all they do is eat, sleep and poop. This is the equivalent to me.
  • I don't want to get into a pissing contest or anything like that, but I sincerely hope you realize how lucky you are. There are millions of women out there that cannot have children, no you have two at once!!! Whether it was done through fertility or not (I can't remember) count your blessings. 

I have a friend who went in to labor with her twins at 26 weeks. After 15 weeks of life, one of the boys passed away. There isn't a day that goes by that she doesn't think about the scone half that is missing with her first pregnancy (she has since had another little boy) but she doesn't wallow in that, she is just enjoying what she has.

But she would sure love to have your problem right now.

perspective. 

Met: 1/21/2005
    Married: 6/27/2008
    DS: 3/14/2010 Planned, PG first try
    M/C 6/2012
    DD: 4/22/2013 Planned, UnDx Infertility, PG on our own
    BFP: 10/28/2016 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE! 
    M/C 12/12/2016
    BFP: 10/27/2017 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE
    EDD: 7/2/2018

Babysizer Manly Pregnancy Tracker
  • Jordyn, I have a friend who had twins over a year ago and after I had my LO I decided she was a total rock star and made sure I told her this.

My LO is a bit on the difficult side, but I LOVE my difficult baby!   

• imageJenn5412:
    Jordyn, I have a friend who had twins over a year ago and after I had my LO I decided she was a total rock star and made sure I told her this.My LOnbsp;is a bit on thenbsp;difficult side, but Inbsp;LOVE my difficult baby!nbsp; nbsp;

Thanks. But every mom is a rock star. It's always hard work having a baby.
  • imageWorkinWeezel:
    I don't want to get into a pissing contest or anything like that, but I sincerely hope you realize how lucky you are. There are millions of women out there that cannot have children, no you have two at once!!! Whether it was done through fertility or not I can't remember count your blessings.nbsp;I have a friend who went in to labor with her twins at 26 weeks. After 15 weeks of life, one of the boys passed away. There isn't a day that goes by that she doesn't think about the scone half that is missing with her first pregnancy she has since had another little boy but she doesn't wallow in that, she is just enjoying what she has.But she would sure love to have your problem right now.perspective.nbsp;

I'm really sorry for your friends loss. I cannot even imagine. But please don't ever mistake my irritation by that ladies comment for being ungrateful of my babies.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • imageJordynLeighx3:
    imageOhSewCrafty:

imagemelandjames14:
    imageJordynLeighx3:

Can you imagine how it feels if someone were to tell you that having a baby must be easy because all they do is eat, sleep and poop. This is the equivalent to me.

I get it everyday, but its from people who don't have a baby so they genuinely don't know. I don't know what its like to hike Mt. Everest, but from the outside it looks like a lot of walking with a stick in the snow. ::shrugs::

• I take it you were having a bad day! Sorry,sometimes people dont think before they talk. I dont think you were overreacting I have the smallest things set me off sometimes! It's hard being a mommy to 1 idk what I would do if I had twins!! I would loose it! Hats off to you!
  • Weow, I don't know if I am the only one who caught her sarcasm with the 'cut throat the lady'. (If it wasn't please correct me), but I just think you have the case of the tireds because you let her stupid remark get to you. Keep your head up, you are doing awesome.

Also, we all get irritated at something someone else would consider stupid to get irritated at, I wouldn't jump all over her about it... clearly that line is a button not to be pushed with her. 

• imageJordynLeighx3:

Which is the same thing that any other mother of two (or more) has to deal with.

You need to relax. She was trying to make conversation. It wasn't an insult.  

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagekravenmoore:
    Geez, y'all! nbsp;Chill out on Jordan. nbsp;I highly doubt she was going to literally cut anyone. nbsp;We all have this really bad habit on TB. nbsp;Someone posts something, like this post, saying how they reacted in a certain situation and then we all beat them up over it. nbsp;Even if I agree with the 5 people that have already replied, I don't post a 6th post saying the same thing. nbsp;The point was written 5 times already. nbsp;Just like it has been pointed out that we have all over reacted to something or responded in a crazy mom kind of manner that even we ourselves see as crazy later. nbsp;I feel this way and I am not beating the dead horse with a giant stick. nbsp;Let's give the horse a carrot! Not a beating! :

Thanks. And for the record. I am not a crazy person and would never actually cut someone. There was extreme sarcasm behind that!
  • imagekravenmoore:

imageJordynLeighx3:
    imagekravenmoore:
    Geez, y'all! nbsp;Chill out on Jordan. nbsp;I highly doubt she was going to literally cut anyone. nbsp;We all have this really bad habit on TB. nbsp;Someone posts something, like this post, saying how they reacted in a certain situation and then we all beat them up over it. nbsp;Even if I agree with the 5 people that have already replied, I don't post a 6th post saying the same thing. nbsp;The point was written 5 times already. nbsp;Just like it has been pointed out that we have all over reacted to something or responded in a crazy mom kind of manner that even we ourselves see as crazy later. nbsp;I feel this way and I am not beating the dead horse with a giant stick. nbsp;Let's give the horse a carrot! Not a beating! :
    Thanks. And for the record. I am not a crazy person and would never actually cut someone. There was extreme sarcasm behind that!

Sorry that I misspelled your name! I just realized that I did.

Watch out, she'll cut ya! ;) 

• imagekravenmoore:
    imageClandestineX:
    imagekravenmoore:

imageJordynLeighx3:

That is why I apologized so quickly! :D 

Lol actually you spelled it correctly. Don't worry though, I don't go carrying knives around town cutting people for real. It's more or less my go to phrase for when someone just said or did something really dumb.
  • imageJordynLeighx3:
    imagekravenmoore:
    imageClandestineX:
    imagekravenmoore:

imageJordynLeighx3:

That is why I apologized so quickly! :D 

Lol actually you spelled it correctly. Don't worry though, I don't go carrying knives around town cutting people for real. It's more or less my go to phrase for when someone just said or did something really dumb.

I've said and heard much worse... so I caught on you were being sarcastic. lol 

• imageJordynLeighx3:

You're showing your age. In a few years you'll remember this experience as an embarrassing moment where you over reacted. 

• Did all of the April babies skip their naps today? Goodness, we're cranky.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageFutureMrsCAF:
    Did all of the April babies skip their naps today? Goodness, we're cranky.

haha. Mine didnt! :) 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• imagejreavey:

imageJordynLeighx3:

You're showing your age. In a few years you'll remember this experience as an embarrassing moment where you over reacted. 

Not likely. My age has nothing to do with that lady's ignorance.
  • imageJordynLeighx3:
    imagejreavey:

imageJordynLeighx3:

LOL I just think its funny that people keep calling it ignorance. Like, I get that is technically the definition of the word, but geeze. The poor woman was just trying to chat you up. 

• I feel I have the authority to answer the question on which is harder, two or one, being as I have had two, and then I had one.

Two is harder. Two is so, so much harder.

There. Consider this dispute settled.

;]

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • And for the record, JL, I hated that comment too. Got it all the time. I feel your annoyance.

Be encouraged that someday in the distant future, having a playmate is so great, but the bickering, toy sharing disputes and general kid on kid fighting pretty much cancel that out for the first seven years or so. ;]
  • I have to say that I can't imagine thinking twins are easier, nor can I imagine meeting anybody who thinks twins are easier.  Even before i Had kids the idea of two infants crying or needing attention made me want to blow my brains out (there are triplets in my brother's family-through-marriage). I think it is very bizarre that you've had so many instances of meeting people like this.  You must have bad stranger juju (my husband has bad drive-through juju -- whenever he goes to a drive-thru, he has some weird issue that never happens to anybody else).

You can probably just let that go, though.  SHe's a stranger, not a big deal.  

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I have one baby, and I obviously don't know what it's like to have twins... But it's hard enough to juggle one baby. I personally think it would be WAY harder to have twins. Sure, they can play together when they're older. But as newborns and infants? I'm sorry, but anyone who says "having one is just as hard" is kidding themselves. Breastfeeding one is hard enough, getting one on any sort of sleeping schedule is hard enough, wrangling one at Target or the grocery store is hard enough... I can't imagine having another! 
    Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • imageJordynLeighx3:
    imagejreavey:

imageJordynLeighx3:

You call that ignorant? Seriously?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"