September 2013 Moms

visit to L&D

On Friday evening I had very faint spotting (very light pink), and just an isolated incident, but I figured I would call my doctor to be safe since it had happened once before and he said I should've called. He instructed us to go to the hospital, so we did. I was a nervous wreck, but after the urine test and examination I was diagnosed with a nice double whammy: a yeast infection and most likely a UTI, too. Yum! The Dr. then informed me that my cervix is totally closed and everything is looking good, which made me SO relieved. I must say, I've never been so grateful to have just a yeast infection in my life. :)

So, lesson learned to any other newbies out there like me, to call your doctor if you have spotting (even if it's faint), and to not panic initially becuase it could just be caused by something easily treatable like a YI or UTI!  

Re: visit to L&D

• Glad it was just a YI and UTI! Although that sounds awful and I feel for you.
  • Hope you feel better soon...glad it wasn't something more major!
  • Loading the player...
  • NYHeelNYHeel member
    Thanks so much! Still feeling relieved & grateful for how it turned out, though I will admit I am a little embarassed for not recognizing the symptoms of a YI and being able to distinguish them from pregnancy discharge. 
  • What a relief!

Also, I hope you are holding up well in this NYC heat. We've got a gross week ahead.

"She's the tied for the third-funniest person on this board!" -S13 Bumpies

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • imageBabybabybabyohhhhhhh:
    Glad it was just a YI and UTI! Although that sounds awful and I feel for you.

Exactly on all accounts! Hope everything clears up quickly!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • NYHeelNYHeel member
    imagefoxyroxy:

What a relief!

Also, I hope you are holding up well in this NYC heat. We've got a gross week ahead.

Thanks! And it's so nice to be able to commiserate with another Sept mama in this awful heat. It makes me SO cranky and swollen. I swear, people say they hibernate in the winter....I've decided I'm the exact opposite: I'm a total summer hibernator and will stay in the AC as much as I can. It's brutal outside. Hope you are holding up, too and avoiding the subway as much as possible! 

• Glad to hear it was nothing too serious. Although a YI and UTI must suck!
    Lilypie - Personal pictureBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicimageimagePregnancy Ticker
    August '15 January Siggy Challenge "Favorite Mean Girl" 
    Marianne Bryant - Easy A
  • OMG!  If I was in your situation UTI would be the best three letters ever!  Glad everything is okay.
  • Glad you went in and got it taken care of! For other ftm UTI are very common in pregnancy because of everything going on. When I went in for my induction with my son they said you have a UTI and I didn't even know it. But left untreated it could cause some big problems. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imageNYHeel:

Thanks! And it's so nice to be able to commiserate with another Sept mama in this awful heat. It makes me SO cranky and swollen. I swear, people say they hibernate in the winter....I've decided I'm the exact opposite: I'm a total summer hibernator and will stay in the AC as much as I can. It's brutal outside. Hope you are holding up, too and avoiding the subway as much as possible! 

I really thought I was going to pass out waiting for the 2 train yesterday. Usually my commute only involves the shuttle between GCT to Times Sq, so that's not too bad.  I plan to see lots of movies this summer, just for the AC! 

"She's the tied for the third-funniest person on this board!" -S13 Bumpies

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • NYHeelNYHeel member
    imagefoxyroxy:
    imageNYHeel:

I really thought I was going to pass out waiting for the 2 train yesterday. Usually my commute only involves the shuttle between GCT to Times Sq, so that's not too bad.  I plan to see lots of movies this summer, just for the AC! 

Ugh, I feel your pain. Even though the commute from GC to Times Sq is short, it's probably the most annoying commute to navigate given all the people. The subway is my enemy right now! And good call on the movies.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"