Working Moms

Monday Morning Vents

anyone?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Monday Morning Vents

• LoCarbLoCarb member

I hate pink eye!  Seriously, I'm on day 10 and the last 3 days of absence of work have been unpaid. My fingers are crossed DD1 does not get this.  I cannot do 2 wks unpaid.

ExH is an azz. He's 10 wks in arrears on child support and enjoying a vacay right now. He certainly has his priorities straight.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • shannmshannm member
    imageLibraryChica:
    DD would not go to sleep last night and the cat peed on my socks. The end.

Sorry, as a mom to a few older fur babies, this made me chuckle. I've been recently stepping in random piles of serous fluid from clogged anal glands.
  • Loading the player...
  • shannmshannm member
    imageLoCarb:
    I hate pink eye!nbsp; Seriously, I'm on day 10 and the last 3 days of absence of work have been unpaid. My fingers are crossed DD1 does not get this.nbsp; I cannot do 2 wks unpaid.ExH is an azz. He's 10 wks in arrears on child support and enjoying a vacay right now. He certainly has his priorities straight.

That stinks. I hope things get back to "normal" for you soon.
  • DD decided it would be fabulous to be up from 3am-5am...DH got huffy about me asking for him to try and get her back to sleep after I had been at it for an hour....

Checked my email when I got up and found out my boss called a staff meeting for 8am at the last minute...

My body and Aunt Flo can't decide what the heck they want to do since I've had DD. I have been spotting on and off for 8days...just make up you mind start or stop...because this limbo sucks.

• LO (14m) typically sleeps through the night. Last night was up at 2:30 and 4:30 and could not be consoled at 2:30, would not stay asleep for more than 10 minutes at 4:30. Thank goodness I still nurse as that was the only thing that put them back to sleep, but I'm really tired today.

Need to make a bunch of phone calls today regarding some home repairs we've been putting off and daycare. I hate making phone calls, but DH hates it more, so I'm stuck doing them again. DH is great about doing most other things, but just cannot make phone calls. 

• imageLoCarb:
    I hate pink eye!nbsp; Seriously, I'm on day 10 and the last 3 days of absence of work have been unpaid. My fingers are crossed DD1 does not get this.nbsp; I cannot do 2 wks unpaid.ExH is an azz. He's 10 wks in arrears on child support and enjoying a vacay right now. He certainly has his priorities straight.

That sucks! Both vents. What a jerk!

My vent is not only do I have too many meetings scheduled today and tomorrow, they are all pointless!!! I hate meetings! I have too much work to do and don't have time for updates and hand holding. Send me a darn email!

DS2 is also a horrible sleeper. Thankfully DH has started getting up with him, however he doesn't even try anymore and just sticks him in the swing! I am not happy about this, but I need sleep so I will ignore for now and deal with it later
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I really don't want to move in the next two months.  Between a new job, and knowing we don't have money for movers right now...I just don't want to do it. DH keeps bringing it up and doesn't seem to understand.  I know an apt. is not ideal right now, but in the long run we'll save more money faster, and pay off everything...it just seems logical to me...he has no patience. Most of all I don't want to pack and move right now, I have enough on my mind.

I love my family, but I wish they'd understand the transistion week between jobs I just want to hang out at home and do a few fun things with LO...not sure I want to travel home to visit them...that's never relaxing...and I'm sure in a few weeks I'll be posting here about how I'm going home to visit family...I'm such a sucker!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Anniversary
  • SoMoNYSoMoNY member

Going to be close to 100 ALL week here in NYC and I'm they type that gets cranky when it hits 80 while DS gets cranky when temps hit 75.

My goal this week is to talk other half into dropping $40k on a built-in pool at the end of summer when the sales are happening.  At the moment I'd rather have a new pool over a renovated kitchen. 

• imageLoCarb:

I hate pink eye!  Seriously, I'm on day 10 and the last 3 days of absence of work have been unpaid. My fingers are crossed DD1 does not get this.  I cannot do 2 wks unpaid.

ExH is an azz. He's 10 wks in arrears on child support and enjoying a vacay right now. He certainly has his priorities straight.

I hope the pink eye goes away...and here's a virtual kick in the shin to your ex.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Anniversary
  • I'm 38 weeks pregnant. No further explanation necessary.
    Formerly known as ms.mittens Jude 12/31/2008 Ezra 2/10/2011 Nora 7/23/2013 Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagems.mittens:
    I'm 38 weeks pregnant. No further explanation necessary.

I mostly have been lurking around here since I got pregnant in November. I just HAD to comment on this one. I'm 38 wks also...I feel your pain lol!
  • My DH starts his new job in two weeks, so we're cleaning and packing like crazy in order to get our current place ready for sale.  However, instead of cleaning and packing ONE room at a time, DH decides to clean and pack little bits of each room at the SAME time!  So, I'm tripping over boxes in the living room, and piles of clothes in the bedroom.  Urgh!  I was up until midnight going through old papers, I was 30 minutes late getting out the door (thanks to the mess in our house) this morning, I STILL haven't found a new job, and in two weeks I'm going to be a single working mom (during the week). Mondays suck...

• My coworker told me she thought it was so nice that my DD only has to be at daycare for 67 hours because any longer than that and it would be like someone else was raising my child.

I calmly told her that they are not raising my child no matter how many hours a day she's there. I wanted to really tell her how I felt about her comments though.

• image82Sonia:
    My coworker told me she thought it was so nice that my DD only has to be at daycare for 67 hours because any longer than that and it would be like someone else was raising my child. I calmly told her that they are not raising my child no matter how many hours a day she's there. I wanted to really tell her how I felt about her comments though.

Your coworker is a moron. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagelaurakaz13:

image82Sonia:
    My coworker told me she thought it was so nice that my DD only has to be at daycare for 67 hours because any longer than that and it would be like someone else was raising my child.

I calmly told her that they are not raising my child no matter how many hours a day she's there. I wanted to really tell her how I felt about her comments though.

Your coworker is a moron. 

If I didn't have a decent relationship otherwise, I would have really flipped on her.

• My MIL has this schtick with my DH about how he is sooooooooooo tiiiiired - he told her that we're busy, we work full-time jobs then do house stuff after he goes to bed.  There is a lot of stuff - dishes, picking up the house, laundry, etc.  Plus he is a small business owner and I am working on my doctorate - so we're a tad busy, but this is nothing abnormal for working parents. 

This weekend MIL told us that we "need to use paper plates, take the laundry to the laundrymat over the weekend (not sure how this saves time), and otherwise be efficient".  Because the fact that we wait until after DS goes to bed to do the dishes means we are not efficient.  I wanted to poke out her eyes.

My MIL has never really worked outside the home (worked maybe 1-2 years before she got married, then she stayed home and has never gone back to the workforce) - so she really just doesn't get it, but I still had to bite my tongue.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"