DD#1~Emma Dawn 12/19/00 7lb 10 oz 21"
    DD#2~Daphney Mae 04/17/03 7lb 13oz 21"
    DD#3~Grace Deonea 05/20/10 8lb 2oz 21"
        DS#1~Brody Maxwell born 10/16/13 8lb 10oz 21"

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • No! I don't get why anyone would...
  • Loading the player...
  • Pumping is not easy at all. I have 3 friends who did the exclusive pumping thing and it was hard on them. (They couldn't nurse) 
    Emily & Alex imageimage
  • I EP'd for 6 months....not a choice I would choose to make.  I am hoping to BF this time and pump while at work.  We did a thread like this before and EPing is hard.
  • ABrennABrenn member
    I EP'ed for 5 months with my son (my choice since I did not want to BF).  I will EP this time as well, hopefully for longer than 5 months.  It is defiantly hard and very time consuming! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • ABrennABrenn member

imageYcu2013:
    No! I don't get why anyone would...

I chose not to BF, but still wanted to give my baby BM.... Since it was better for the baby and cheaper, I EP'ed with my son.  I will do the same with this one.  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • BF = super easy and convenient. 

Formula = easy and pretty convenient too. 

Exclusively pumping = time consuming and not really convenient.

No effing way I would EP unless I had to.  

Eleanor 1/8/10 Harriet 1/19/12 Margaret 10/31/2013
  • ABrennABrenn member
    imageSuperTreesa:

BF = super easy and convenient. 

Formula = easy and pretty convenient too. 

Exclusively pumping = time consuming and not really convenient.

No effing way I would EP unless I had to.  

Formula = expensive  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • My son wouldn't/couldn't nurse until he was 2 1/2 months old. I Ep'ed for that time and hated it!!!!!!! I would never willingly choose to EP.

Sisters:  Now and then.

imageimage

Elijah's 1st day of Kindergarten!
  • I can't breast feed either, I don't get to be one of those perfect moms that can.
  • I'm a FTM and in the first couple of months of pregnancy I thought I would exclusively pump after the first month or so. Now after reading and others advice I'm not saying I'm doing anything until it happens! But I will have to pump while at work either way!
  • imagemegansmom10:
    I can't breast feed either, I don't get to be one of those perfect moms that can.

Not trying to be intrusive so don't feel obligated to answer, but why are you unable to breastfeed?

imageLilypie - (jv05)
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • My SIL Did exclusive pumping because she couldn't handle how bad it hurt. It seemed so time consuming, I'm really hoping that I only have to pump when I am away from LO.

• kdjuddkdjudd member
    Heck no. I had to with my first due to her lip tie and some personal medical problems. It was miserable. The pump is so harsh on your nipples and your life revolves around that piece of machinery. It's a great option if you absolutely have no other choice, but I can't imagine ever doing it by choice. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I EP'd for at least 5 months last time. I hope to avoid it this time.
  • Hell no! I pumped at work for a year with DS and it was so time consuming and all around sucked! I would only EP if i absolutely had to!
  • RedZeeRedZee member

Pumping is not so easy. You have to have the pump with you at the right times. With BFing, you always have what you need wherever you are. No need to plan or know how long you'll be out. With formula, if you didn't bring enough with you, you can buy some (not necessarily convenient or cheap, but it's possible). With pumping, you can't really do either unless you carry the pump with you all the time. At the beginning, it definitely feels easier to pump (when DD was 6 weeks old I pumped for one feeding and gave her the bottle and it felt freeing). But long-term it kind of sucks. You take longer to get the job done: pump, feed, clean.

There are definitely situations where it's the only option, but I personally wouldn't choose it.

DD1: born 1/19/11. DD2: born 10/10/13
  • Not if I can help it.
    SQUIRREL!!!

• So wait no one here has a desire to BF and pump early to gain a freezer stash so you don't feel like you NEED to be right next to LO all the time?  Im gonna want to leave dad home while I get lunch with a friend or go shopping for a bit.  
    image  image
    Baby Muffy Due July.8.2015!

• Pumping isnt usually recommended until your supply is fairly well established. I plan to bf but pump on occasion so I have a small stash but probably won't start until at least 6 weeks. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"