Baby Showers

Gender Reveal, kinda!

Ok ladies, I know your a tough crowd but this is the question for you!

My husband and I can't wait to find out what we having, no team green here.  I would like to do something fun to announce to my daughters and my parents shortly after we find out.  So no crazy party just something fun! 

Do you guys have any ideas for me??

BabyName TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPic
Pregnancy Ticker
image""> image

Re: Gender Reveal, kinda!

• How old are your daughters? That may change my answer.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

imageimage

• I have no experience with this, but the only way I see a reveal being fun is if no one, including you, knows ahead of time. Have the sex written down, and look in the envelope together, or have a friend look and bake a cake, or whatever you want to do. Just like you said, if you, your husband, kids, and parents are all finding out together, that would be special enough.
  • Loading the player...
  • My daughters are 13 and 10, I always forget to mention their age cause that usuallu matters a lot!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    image""> image
  • My friend baked a cake and made the cake part pink.  Then she decorated it with all sorts of colors.  It sat on the table all through dinner and then when they cut into it the color reveled the gender.  I should note that cake baking/decorating is a bit of a passion for her.  If you aren't into that you could always order it from a bakery.  
  • Do you had a family dog? Maybe you could dress it up according to gender. My friend did that, she has small dog, and it was so cute!

Jaclyn D'Ausilio Jackie D'Ausilio

Married 6.22.12

Baby Oliver Born 1.11.14

• Nope no dogs, just a hamster....lol!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    image""> image
  • This is messy and takes some planning.. But I saw one where you have the doctor write it and seal it in an envelope. Then nominate a close friend to put the appropriate color paint in squirt bottles that aren't clear. Have your daughters wear plain white shirts and squirt each other! It would be fun and make for great pictures. :
  • imagemsspeedymarie:

imagemapayne626:
    This is messy and takes some planning.. But I saw one where you have the doctor write it and seal it in an envelope. Then nominate a close friend to put the appropriate color paint in squirt bottles that aren't clear. Have your daughters wear plain white shirts and squirt each other! It would be fun and make for great pictures. :

Yeah, I saw someone post this on the 1st tri board, and for your family, with two preteen/teenage girls, this would probably be really fun.

I third this! Its a great idea 

• imageJmakhomenka:
    imagemsspeedymarie:

imagemapayne626:
    This is messy and takes some planning.. But I saw one where you have the doctor write it and seal it in an envelope. Then nominate a close friend to put the appropriate color paint in squirt bottles that aren't clear. Have your daughters wear plain white shirts and squirt each other! It would be fun and make for great pictures. :

Yeah, I saw someone post this on the 1st tri board, and for your family, with two preteen/teenage girls, this would probably be really fun.

If you go with this I demand pictures lol.
  • imagemapayne626:
    imageJmakhomenka:
    imagemsspeedymarie:

imagemapayne626:

If you go with this I demand pictures lol.

Seconded!

• You're. Have someone put the gender on a slip of paper, and fill balloons with the slip and a bunch of blanks. Everyone gets a balloon to pop. Someone gets to announce. I don't know anyone who has done this but it sounds fun. A little more interactive than cake,
  • Paint idea is so adorable!
    You can get washable paint from crayola. Washes right out of my son's clothes!!
  • Similar to the paint idea, but how about silly string?
    Husband and Wife 2010
    DD 12.2010
    TTC #2 Since Aug 2012
    DX PCOS 7.25.13
    Started Metformin 7.2013
    DH SA results 6.19.14 - Too few normal sperm
    8.13.14 - SURPRISE BFP - EDD 3/30/14 Based on LMP
    MMC 9/24/14, D&C 9/25/14 13w3d, Measured at 7w4d

3.14.15 BFP #3 - EDD 11/11/15 based on LMP
  • We did silly string at ours... Did not know before hand. Was good fun just immediate family and a few best friends
  • marhuzmarhuz member
    We are going to pick a couple of gender-related old wives tales to test during our shower and do the reveal after that. Haven't quite figured out how to do the reveal part yet, but it should be fun.
  • We made a cake and dyed the cake batter pink, and then frosted it so you couldn't tell. I think a cake is fun, because most everyone likes cake and afterwards you get to eat it :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker My Blog
  • Look up gender reveal on pinterest. Tons of cute pics and ideas. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Franco Paul born 6/4/15 at 39 weeks.  Mila Francesca born 10/19/13 at 37 weeks.  Both born via C-Section after 6 years of fertility treatments, disappointments and losses. Love them!!

• Thanks everyone!

We are hoping to find out next week, but if this one is like the others he/she will be in hiding and we will never find out!  I am really hoping to do something fun!

Pregnancy Ticker
    image""> image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"