April 2013 Moms
Options

Giving up my hobby

I started taking harp lessons last year and got a harp on a rent to own program. Now that DS is here, I haven't touched my harp for 4 months. DH and I figure we can't afford to keep renting the harp. We are both government employees and have been furloughed. So I'm taking my harp back to the store tomorrow. I'm definitely sad about it, but it must be done.

Re: Giving up my hobby

• Options
    I given up on my professional gaming. I haven't touched my xbox in a month now, when I do I cannot get enough energy to try-hard. It's hard to do, so I understand your pain.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

My hobbies -- cooking, running, writing... all have taken a backseat (but I don't have to rent my kitchen, computer, or running shoes!)

I'm sorry to hear that you had to make that hard choice -- the good news is that you can always re-rent it when you have more time.  

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageClandestineX:
    I given up on my professional gaming. I haven't touched my xbox in a month now, when I do I cannot get enough energy to tryhard. It's hard to do, so I understand your pain.

What is a professional gamer??
    TTC since May 2012; BFP July 31st, 2012; EDD April 13th, 2013 BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    Yup. My etsy store is nearly empty.  My guitar is covered in a thick layer of dust.  My only remaining hobby is cooking which a couple days a week I am lucky to pull off. 

• Options
    I'm actually starting my hobby up again and I'm not looking forward to it. I got a second job on Thursday nights teaching dance at a local dance studio. Though I feel it will come in handy when the girls are two and can enroll in class and since I teach there they'll get it all for free! And everybody loves FREE!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I have picked some of mine back up baking and reading. I have more time to read while pumping and have been back to baking bread now that my GD is gone.

Hopefully one day you'll find time to get back to it.
  • Options
    Ugh, I totally understand! I'm a professional singer, and it made me so dizzy to sing while I was pregnant, and then it was nearly impossible while recovering from my csection. I haven't truly practiced in so long, I'm embarrassed to admit it! I'm so sorry you have to give back your harp. Hopefully someday soon you can return to it!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageRussianMommy:
    imageClandestineX:
    I given up on my professional gaming. I haven't touched my xbox in a month now, when I do I cannot get enough energy to tryhard. It's hard to do, so I understand your pain.
    What is a professional gamer??

I played tournaments for the xbox 360, specifically for Halo 3 and Halo: Reach. Won money/prizes and what not.  

• Options

Hi I'm a lurker but wanted to respond. 

I actually donated my horse to a non profit in the area that has a horse program for kids.  Luckily I am friends with the woman who runs the horse program and I know he will be taken care of & he needs a job or he becomes a pushy jerk. 

It really broke my heart but I just don't have time and cant justify the cost to board him, then add a farrier bill every 6 weeks.

• Options

I gave mine up when we started TTC - I ride hunter/jumper horses.  So jumping a horse while pregnant was definitely out of the question.  I thought about starting up again this fall but honestly I just don't see how I'll have time.  Maybe in the spring when DS is closer to a year old... I'm not giving it up forever.

I think it's important we all have something we do for ourselves - while being a Mom is a very important identity to me, I don't want it to be my only identity. 

• Options
    imageTexasAggie06:

I gave mine up when we started TTC - I ride hunter/jumper horses.  So jumping a horse while pregnant was definitely out of the question.  I thought about starting up again this fall but honestly I just don't see how I'll have time.  Maybe in the spring when DS is closer to a year old... I'm not giving it up forever.

I think it's important we all have something we do for ourselves - while being a Mom is a very important identity to me, I don't want it to be my only identity. 

I was an eventer and would do local mini trails.  I absolutely love riding cross country!  I think when LO is a bit older I will look into partial leasing a horse.  I may take a couple lessons here and there in the mean time.

Also, my friend who is in charge of the horse program at the non profit said I could come and ride him. I will probably take her up on it this fall. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"