Working Moms
Options

Xp RNs: which floor

New grad with choice between ortho Neuro trauma or Neuro tele floor? I want to eventually do OR. What do you recommend?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Xp RNs: which floor

• Options
    I don't have much experience with neuro, but I did work on a cardiac/CCU step down floor for 3 years.  I got good experience there, and eventually moved to L&D which is where I wanted to be.  We circulate in the OR for c sections, and I feel with my experience in reading cardiac monitors, and being involved in codes helped me in that area.  As sad as it is, there is the occasional code in L&D, and I was comfortable in that setting.  Pushing meds, recording etc.  So, just with my backround, I would lean toward the tele floor.  Congrats on finishing school!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Is the ortho-neuro trauma a med-surg floor or ICU?

I would go with tele. I do tele now (not what I want long term) but it's good basic nursing with enough excitement to make it better than plain m/s, and like pp said, cardiac monitoring experience is valuable when you move on.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks, honkeytonk. It's a med-surg floor but they like to keep the work trauma in there. IDK. Thank you again for input!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"