October 2013 Moms

Boppy pregnancy pillow

In an earlier post someone mentioned a boppy pregnancy pillow. I've done some research and I'm wondering if anyone thinks it is worth it. Can just additional regular pillows work just as well??

Re: Boppy pregnancy pillow

• FTM here, so I can't really comment from experience, but every mom I know swears by the Boppy. So much so, that I've been told to get one for each of our floors in the house!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm just cheap and don't think a pillow for a couple months of pregnancy is worth it. I got a 10 buck body pillow at Target that works just fine.

DD#1~Emma Dawn 12/19/00 7lb 10 oz 21"
    DD#2~Daphney Mae 04/17/03 7lb 13oz 21"
    DD#3~Grace Deonea 05/20/10 8lb 2oz 21"
        DS#1~Brody Maxwell born 10/16/13 8lb 10oz 21"

• Loading the player...
  • elllafelllaf member
    I have it. Besides the Velcro being annoying when you have the pieces apart it's pretty nice. I like the different sized pieces. The smallest piece is perfect for supporting the bump while on your side and I usually switch the other two for back support or between my knees.
    Something normal pillows wouldn't be able to accomplish so comfortably.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageHFrizzle:
    I'm just cheap and don't think a pillow for a couple months of pregnancy is worth it. I got a 10 buck body pillow at Target that works just fine.

This.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage
  • I have a link for a free one online if you're interested...

ETA: I'm looking in my emails having a hard time funding it. Ill keep looking, if I find it, I'll post it.
  • I have the one that looks like a giant comma made by Boppy. I used it last time too. It is just meh. I got it on sale at Burlington so it wasn't cash being thrown out the window. I still use it every night though.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • I've been using mine every night since 1st tri & I love it.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    photo fallinginlove_zps8333e154.jpgimageimage
  • imagenicolemarksleblanc:
    I have a link for a free one online if you're interested...

ETA: I'm looking in my emails having a hard time funding it. Ill keep looking, if I find it, I'll post it.

I think she's looking for the boppy body pillow, not the one for breast feeding.

Jude Beckham 10/23/2013   Sean & Chels 03/08/2012

• I think its been great. For so many other things too
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagechelseyestelle:
    imagenicolemarksleblanc:

I think she's looking for the boppy body pillow, not the one for breast feeding.

Yes, this is the case, but I really appreciate you looking! Thanks so much!
  • imageShedna:
    imagechelseyestelle:
    imagenicolemarksleblanc:

Yes, this is the case, but I really appreciate you looking! Thanks so much!

Oh! Opps! :D

In that case, I HATE mine. Worst 50 I've spent. It makes me feel so claustrophobic, I can't handle something touching me while I'm sleeping like that.
  • SWA80SWA80 member
    I use a regular pillow between my legs and a Boppy wedge pillow for my belly. It has been a life saver for me and only 15 dollars on Amazon.
  • kdjuddkdjudd member
    I couldn't live without my boppy pillow. It makes nursing and bottle feeding so much easier. It also is great for when your baby needs to start having tummy time. You can prop the baby up on it so they don't face plant on the floor. I've found a million uses for that thing. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imagekdjudd:
    I couldn't live without my boppy pillow. It makes nursing and bottle feeding so much easier. It also is great for when your baby needs to start having tummy time. You can prop the baby up on it so they don't face plant on the floor. I've found a million uses for that thing. 

She's talking about a pregnancy pillow, not the breastfeeding pillow.

DD#1~Emma Dawn 12/19/00 7lb 10 oz 21"
    DD#2~Daphney Mae 04/17/03 7lb 13oz 21"
    DD#3~Grace Deonea 05/20/10 8lb 2oz 21"
        DS#1~Brody Maxwell born 10/16/13 8lb 10oz 21"

• I bought the Boppy pregnancy pillow (the one with the velcro) and while I'm glad I have it, I wish I would have gotten the Snoogle.  I thought the velcro was going to be a helpful thing, but it comes apart too often and even when it doesn't, it makes that crackling velcro noise when I move.  Plus I think it got flat pretty fast and need something thicker.

image  imageimage image

O13 March Siggy Contest: AnArChY (I do what I want- & I want FOUR GIFS!)

• Love mine.
  • I have the Snoogle and I love it. The only downside is the top part is kind of flat so I keep my regular pillow on top. I got mine through drugstore.com much cheaper than everyone else and I got free shipping.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I have it, but don't really like it.  It was given to me though so I'm not out any money.  

I just use a regular pillow between my knees.  

R&K married 4.15.11. TTC #1 since 7.11.12

BFP #1 9.9.12 EDD 5.21.13 c/p 9.12.12 at 4 weeks 1 day

BFP #2 10.15.12 EDD 6.28.13 c/p 10.19.12 at  4 weeks.

BFP #3 1.19.13 EDD 10.1.13 Eleanor born 10.7.13 at 40 weeks 6 days

13dpo hcg@32, progesterone@13.7, 15dpo hcg@110, 16dpo progesterone@25.9

My blog:Urban Times in Michigan ~ My Bfp Chart

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • The minute my back started hurting, around 16 weeks, I ordered the Snoogle since it was the least expensive. It works great for me, I wrap the long part in between my legs then tuck it under my belly for support. I cuddle into the top part and the it also supports my back with the long side. I know pillows might do the same, but this seems way easier.
  • I have the Boppy wedge it has been well worth the 18. It has helped with my hip pain.
  • imageHFrizzle:
    I'm just cheap and don't think a pillow for a couple months of pregnancy is worth it. I got a 10 buck body pillow at Target that works just fine.

This! I personally refuse to spend the money when a plain ole extra pillow or two seem to work just fine for me so far.
  • I have it, its nice.  But a body pillow would work just as good.
    image  image
    Baby Muffy Due July.8.2015!

• I have the long one and its great! I use it every night and fold it up to use behind my back when I'm sitting up reading. I got it on sale at Kmart for 21 bucks and its worth very penny!
    Kikimomof3 :)
  • Thanks for the input ladies! I appreciate it!
  • imagecandacetutt:
    imageHFrizzle:
    This! I personally refuse to spend the money when a plain ole extra pillow or two seem to work just fine for me so far.

Agreed. I looked at the price of the pillows and about died. I didn't want to spend so much on a pillow I'm not sure if I'd like or not. I ended up getting a body pillow from Target too. LOVE it!

• A friend lent me hers and I wasn't a fan.  I already had a well established sleeping pattern of a pillow on each side of me and another between my legs while sleeping on my side though.  The boppy pillow was just too big and cumbersome for our bed and my set-up works great as is :-)  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"