January 2013 Moms

Finally made my way to TB!

Hi ladies!

My sweet DD is 5 1/5 months old now and I am just finding my way to TB. I just wanted to introduce myself and my sweet little girl. Hannah was born on 01/31/13. My due date was 2/7/13. I worked up until the day I went into labor. I actually went to the gym to walk on the treadmill while I timed my contractions. (The last thing I wanted to do was drive 30 mins to the hospital and them send me home bc I hadn't progressed enough). By the time DH and I got home, cleaned up and to the hospital an hour later my contractions were 4 mins apart! I was admitted and spent the night in the wonderful hospital. By 8 am the next morning I was still at 1 cm butDD had dropped in my birth canal and her heart rate was dropping so she was delivered via urgent c-section at 9:52 am. The last thing I wanted was to induce labor or a csection but this was a blessing in disguise. During the csection my dr found a tumor on my left ovary. Turned out to be benign, but with my father passing away of cancer at 43 in 2008 it was comforting to know that it was taken out and biopsied. 

Since her birth Hannah has been a blessing to my DH and myself! She is spoiled rotten! Tomorrow is her first day of daycare and I am dreading dropping her off. For the past 4 1/2 months she has been going to work with me (the 8 hrs) i was working and playing in her swing and pack and play. I have finally been offered my original hours again so Hannah cannot go to work with me anymore!

Sorry this is so long. I just started typing and didn't realize how much I had written!

Hope you ladies will let in another January momma! 

Re: Finally made my way to TB!

• Welcome.!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers >Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Welcome! My son was born via cs after his heart rate dropped also. I'm so sorry to hear about your father, I lost mine in 07. And what a blessing in disguise finding the tumor! Glad you're doing well.

Jacob, 1/14/13
  • Loading the player...
  • Welcome! I'm assuming you are from or live in Alabama. I'm in south Alabama. Roll Tide!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Welcome!  Wow, it sounds like you have had a busy few months.  So glad that the doctors found the tumor and that it was benign!  I also had an urgent c-section -- definitely a scary experience, but whatever is best for baby and mommy!

Glad you're here -- this is a great community! 

Psalm 139:14 -- "I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made."
  • Welcome! We really have a great community here! Good luck dropping off your daughter, it will get easier, I promise! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Welcome!!

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• Welcome! My DS James was also born on January 31st via emergency C-Section, I love that their birthdays are 1/31/13, I think it's cute. Good luck tomorrow! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"