Parenting after a Loss

Pregnant with Mirena?

Long time no post! I thought I would throw this question out there because I am pretty confused. 
After DS was born, I got Mirena inserted.  I have been incredibly nauseous so I thought "hey I will just try a cheapie test."  It immediately came back positive. I was really confused by that, (and did 4 more cheapie tests- all positive) so I went to Target and got 2 FRERs. I took the FRER and BFN. 
I will take the second one in the morning, but what the hell?  Anyone go through this? Also has anybody gotten pregnant with the Mirena still in? That scares me a lot (not the baby, the having the Mirena in there and needing it removed). I know false positives are incredibly rare, but this is so complicated by the fact that I haven't had AF since before DS was born almost 2 years ago, and I am not sure what to make of the 2 different results. Ugh. 

Re: Pregnant with Mirena?

• Hmm personally I would trust a FRER over a cheapie, but maybe test with a FRER and FMU tomorrow and see what it says. If it is negative I would go with you not being pg. GL!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageluvmyducks:
    Hmm personally I would trust a FRER over a cheapie, but maybe test with a FRER and FMU tomorrow and see what it says. If it is negative I would go with you not being pg. GL!

Thanks! It's such a toss up. I will be testing tomorrow morning for sure. 

• Loading the player...
  • AlbahAlbah member
    I would test in the morning with a FRER but i would call the doc and get a blood test just in case. Being pregnant with the mirena is rare but if it occurs the doc needs to know asap because 1 it would need to be removed and 2 an ectopic pregnancy needs to be ruled out as the chances are higher with the mirena.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image
    BFP #3: 01/28/12, EDD: 09/23/12, MMC (BO), D&C 2/16/12 at 6.5 wks
    BFP #4: 05/23/12, EDD: 01/31/12, Early MC at 5 wks

RPL Workup: + LPD (7DPO Prog = 7.8, Endometrial Bx = out of phase)
    Elevated Alpha 2-glycoprotein IgA and antiphosphatidylserine IgM -->
    Hematologist said not to worry and no need for treatment!

Dx: LPD
    Cycle #1(08/2012): Clomid 50 mg CD3-7, Ovidrel CD13 + Progesterone = It worked!
    BFP #5 on 09/10/12 (11 DPO). HCG #1 @ 14DPO = 131.6 HCG #2 @ 16DPO = 509
    EDD: 05/23/2013 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Have no experience with this, but echo PP's. I'd call my OBGYN straightaway for a blood test just to be on the safe side. GL!

imageimageimageTTC since 07/11 | natural m/c 08/11 | BFP 12/6/2011 | Elinor Anna born 8/18/2012 | BFP #2 1/16/2014
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I have a dear friend who got pg on the mirena, and just had her little boy last month. Aside from the initial shock and quick removal, her pregnancy was easy peasey.
    S/N I didn't have a period when I had my Mirena, but was always super nauseated around the time that it "should" have come.
    Good luck to you!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Thanks everyone. Definitely will call my Dr. tomorrow, and take the other FRER. I am just really scared about the removal process if I am actually pregnant. I will find out tomorrow.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"