May 2013 Moms

baby naps

I mostly have the bed and nighttime routine down but now I'm trying to work on a daytime routine. Nape are difficult. She fights sleep and usually only stays out 40 minutes or so. What's your daytime nap schedule? And how can I better her naps? She is 6 weeks and breastfed

Re: baby naps

• LN1024LN1024 member

imageKateRN08:
    Some do an eat, play, sleep schedule. I try to put her down when she shows signs of tiredness. We are still working on day time naps though, so I'm interested in seeing responses.

Me too, because I'm still trying to figure this one out.  

• I think that is typical for 6 weeks, at least for all my kids. I didn't really worry about a nap routine until they were older and taking longer naps, probably around 45 months.
    Right now my DS 10 weeks is just starting to take some longer naps, otherwise he's napping for 45 to 60 minutes after being awake for about an hour and 45 minutes to 2 hours. I watch for tired signs around that time, swaddled him up, and walk or rock him until he's very drowsy, and put him down.
    Sometimes I wind up rocking him to sleep because he's fussing due to reflux, but I'm ok with that.
    He naps in an RnP in the nursery with the blinds closed and the door shut.
    "Little seahorse/Floating on a primal tide/Quickening like a/Spark in a haystack side/I already love you/And I don't even know who you are" -Bruce Cockburn BabyFetus TickerLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BOOKWORMS and BUTTERFLIES
  • Loading the player...
  • We do eat, sleep, play, then nap when he starts acting tired.  I do the same things I do at night - swaddle, noise, low light - and I get a good nap out of him in the morning.  Sometimes, I can get a 2 hour nap out of him in the afternoon, but usually it's shorter cat naps.  I feel like afternoons are all about trying to get him to sleep.
  • OSibylOSibyl member
    I've been on the go a lot and trying to take advantage of this newborn stage when LO is easy to get out and about with. I haven't set him into any sort of a daytime schedule since I want my days to be flexible for the rest of the summer (if possible). He's 10 weeks now and does really well sleeping while I am out doing things (visiting friends, lunch, shopping, etc). In the evenings I usually take him for a walk in the stroller or moby and he falls asleep part way through and will usually stay asleep for an hour (longer if I were willing to keep walking). 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagebotanicalbliss:
    I get a good nap out of him in the morning. nbsp;Sometimes, I can get a 2 hour nap out of him in the afternoon, but usually it's shorter cat naps. nbsp;I feel like afternoons are all about trying to get him to sleep.

This is true for me too during the week. When DH is home on the weekends we don't follow any sort of set schedule and it seems to work just as well for the baby right now, at nearly 8 weeks old. I have no answers. Ha.
    Baby girl born 5/20/13. Figuring it out as we go. :)
  • DD is hit or miss with naps. I try for an "eat, play, nap" type of routine. 

For DD#1, as time went on, a schedule began to emerge that worked for her. By the time she was 5 months old she had a pretty clear cut schedule that worked well for her.  

IMG_5977lb
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"