January 2013 Moms

Entertainment needed

Hello all,

I am getting ready to take a flight to Hawaii with DS.  My problem, he is a VERY active little boy and gets bored super easy which is followed with tears and etc.  I am trying to find things that will entertain him on the plane.  I have already loaded 2 baby Einstein videos (as much as I do not want him to watch TV this definitelygrabs his attn).....so that covers about 40 minutes of my 5 1/2 hour flight.  Thoughts, ideas HELP!  He is a few days from 6 months old.

TIA ladies :) 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
Paige 8/5/99, Kara 7/22/03 and Benjamin 1/19/13
  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

10 losses 1996-1998, 2 losses 2001-2002, 3 losses 2010-2012, loss 1/2014

Re: Entertainment needed

• Yay! Have fun!

Well...DD is super entertained by just about everything these days. She looooves books, anything that makes noise when she smacks or shakes it (probably annoying for other folks on the plane, but less annoying than a screaming baby), sparkly things. Hopefully some other folks have more ideas because I don't think I'm much help! It's a shame they don't have a spot on the plane for floor play, haha. DD would roll herself around in circles the entire flight. =)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We flew with DD to Manila when she was 5.5 months old. Her seat had a video monitor but she definitely had zero interest in watching it anyways. The flight was incredibly exhausting because she was either being walked around the plane or nursing pretty much the whole time.

I'm all about bringing as little as possible but if that isn't your style I've heard to bring a different toy for each hour of the flight.  

• Loading the player...
  • Ds really likes the Tiny Take Along Arch by Sunny Stroll. Available on Amazon for $19.00 right now. It screws on to a car seat R&P etc. Not sure where it would screw on during the flight, but we get a good 20-30 mins of entertainment out of it. GL! And enjoy Hawaii!! I so wish we were taking a summer vacay. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We took a 6 hour flight and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Something about the flight made her tired and she slept a lot. Besides that, she seems to like anything that lights up, is colorful and makes noise (though too much noise may annoy others on the plane)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker My Blog
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"