April 2013 Moms

What do you ladies think about this ??

17 year old married to a 26 year old ?

Yes obviously that's my situation ...

Re: What do you ladies think about this ??

• Huh? Is that legal?

"I wanted you more than you'll ever know, so I sent love to follow wherever you go."

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

image Follow Me on Pinterest

Ginny DX 21-Hydroxylase Deficiency Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia

Charlie DX Specific Antibody Deficiency & ASD

• Loading the player...
  • imageOhSewCrafty:
    Huh? Is that legal?

Not in my state.
    Married 6/4/11
    Reese born 3/23/13
    Due 9/14/16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I was 15 with a 24 year old. Was with him for 5 years. There are some teenagers who are mature enough to handle a relationship... some. It doesn't help I was forced out of a childhood though so I have only known what it has been like to be an adult. With my current husband I have been with him for four years, married since 12/21/12. I guess I have a thing for older guys.. I don't know.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageClandestineX:
    I was 15 with a 24 year old. Was with him for 5 years. There are some teenagers who are mature enough to handle a relationship... some. It doesn't help I was forced out of a childhood though so I have only known what it has been like to be an adult. With my current husband I have been with him for four years, married since 12/21/12. I guess I have a thing for older guys.. I don't know.

Yeah so was I , a lot of things happened to me when I was young and I guess that plays a part in why I'm also attracted to older men . I've never dated guys my age always older . And to answer pp question it's legal of your parents sign the paper to okay it . I just wanted to see what your ladies opinions
  • imageClandestineX:
    I was 15 with a 24 year old. Was with him for 5 years. There are some teenagers who are mature enough to handle a relationship... some. It doesn't help I was forced out of a childhood though so I have only known what it has been like to be an adult. With my current husband I have been with him for four years, married since 12/21/12. I guess I have a thing for older guys.. I don't know.

My husband is 6 years older than me I was 15 we been together 8 years married for almost 3
  • Why are you seeking approval from Internet strangers?
    Married 6/4/11
    Reese born 3/23/13
    Due 9/14/16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagercantor:
    Why are you seeking approval from Internet strangers?

This. If you love your husband what does my opinion matter? But since you asked... if your 40 and he's 49, will that matter? If you're concerned about people disapproving its your life, do what makes you happy.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Idk I just wanted too see everybody's thoughts on it :/
  • My only concern is legality. After that, who the hell cares? My grandmother married a man older than her own father. Whatever flips your pancake.

"I wanted you more than you'll ever know, so I sent love to follow wherever you go."

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

image Follow Me on Pinterest

Ginny DX 21-Hydroxylase Deficiency Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia

Charlie DX Specific Antibody Deficiency & ASD

• States where you have to be age 18 with parental consent being 16:

-Alaska
    -Arizona
    -Arkasnas (Females only, males have to be 17)
    -Connecticut
    -Delaware (Only females, males have to be 17)
    -Florida (Younger if pregnant)
    -Georgia (Younger if pregnant)
    -Idaho
    -Illinois
    -Iowa
    -Maine
    -Maryland (Younger if pregnant)
    -Michigan
    -Minnisota
    -Montana
    -Nevada
    -New Jersey (Younger if pregnant)
    -New Mexico (Younger if pregnant)
    - New York
    -North Carolina
    -North Dakota
    -Ohio (Younger if pregnant)
    -Oklahoma (Younger if pregnant)
    -Pennsylvania (Younger if pregnant)
    -Rhode Island ( Younger if pregnant)
    -South Carolina (Males Only)
    -South Dakota (Younger if pregnant)
    -Tennessee
    -Vermont
    -Virginia (Younger if pregnant)
    -Wisconsin
    -Wyoming
    -District of Columbia

States where you have to be 18 to marry but can be less than 16 with parental consent.. ages will be in brackets:

-Alabama [Can be 14]
    -Hawaii [Can be 15]
    -Kansas [Males can be 14, Females can be 12]
    -Massachusetts [ Males can be 14, Females can be 12]
    -Missouri [Can be 15]
    -New Hampshire [ Males can be 14, Females 13]
    -South Carolina [Males 16, females 14]
    -Texas [Males 14, females 13]
    -Utah [Can be 14]

States where you have to be 18, but have no age limit of parental consent:

- California
    -Colorado
    -Kentucky
    -Louisiana 
    -West Virginia (Only in the case of a pregnancy can there be a parental consent)

Remainder of the states and their laws:

- Indiana (consent at age 17)
    -Mississippi (Age of marriage is 21, parental consent is needed at age 17 for males, 15 for females)
    -Nebraska (Age of marriage is 19, parental consent is needed at age 17)
    -Oregon (Parental consent is needed under 18, only if the parent is living in state)
    -Washington (Parental consent at age 17) 

• Kinda crazy that 12 year old kids can marry, lol.

• leasajleasaj member
    imageClandestineX:
    Kinda crazy that 12 year old kids can marry, lol.

Makes me ill just thinking about it.
  • Sirry but this needs to be said and I will try to put this as gently and non judgemental as possible but this post and the comments to it are just plain wrong. There is no circumstance where it's ok for a 15 yr old girl to be with a 20 something year old man. People joking around saying maybe they jut like older men is just plain crazy. A 15 year old GIRL is not mature enough to make grown up decisions that go along with marriage. Yiu don't even know who you are yet. Girls these days are in such a rush to grow up and it's really a shame..enjoy being young..u have your whole life to be a grown up.
  • imagemeganmccr:
    Sirry but this needs to be said and I will try to put this as gently and non judgemental as possible but this post and the comments to it are just plain wrong. There is no circumstance where it's ok for a 15 yr old girl to be with a 20 something year old man. People joking around saying maybe they jut like older men is just plain crazy. A 15 year old GIRL is not mature enough to make grown up decisions that go along with marriage. Yiu don't even know who you are yet. Girls these days are in such a rush to grow up and it's really a shame..enjoy being young..u have your whole life to be a grown up.

While everyone is entitled to their opinions, there are certain circumstances where you are not able to have a childhood. Where you have to grow up. Where you are the only one in the house who has to take care of your little brother while your mother and aunt are prostituting and doing drugs in the garage. You learn at a very young age that you can either take care of yourself and your little sibling or you can just go in a corner and cry. Luckily my grandmother was there to help my brother and I, but she still had to work 16 hour days to make ends meet at her house.

By the time I was 15, I already had a part time job and another part time job under the table work (landscaping), I was already paying bills and paying so my brother didn't have to go to school in shoes where his toes were seen through it. I was working so I didn't have to live in the car again. So when I fell in love the first time, yeah, by age sense, I was young. But I didn't know any other way than being an adult. I never got married to him, we dated for five years though steady and without major problems besides regular issues. By age 15, I knew what to look for in terms of a relationship...I wanted someone who was OPPOSITE of every single guy in my family and every single guy my cousin (who is like my sister) dated, and every single guy my mother dated. I found him, but after five years we both agreed that we were not right for each other. Two years later I met my husband who is much older than I am. So yeah.. I guess I do like older men.

I do agree though that girls this day in age are growing up too fast, wearing clothes young girls should not wear, hanging out with the wrong crowd.. television has made it cool to shake your a$$ with skimpy clothes on and hopes and dreams of having your 15 minutes of fame by being on Maury or Jerry to find the father of your child. I agree, which is why when and if I have a little girl.. she will have everything I could not have.. she will learn how to be a strong woman who respects herself and everyone around her.. she will learn that you do not have to catch attention by wearing skimpy clothes.. you can get positive attention by being smart. 

• love4blove4b member

When I was 17, I was dating a 27 year old. I had a great childhood, just a crazy time as a teenager. Having grown up in Malibu, I had been all over the world as a model before moving to NYC at 17; and the 27 year old I dated for 5 and a half years is a name you'd probably recognize.

That said, I was still a seventeen year old. In the beginning, I would have loved to marry him, but by the time it ended when I was in my twenties, I realized that in so many ways I was far more mature than he was. Could we have made it work? Probably, but I would have had to sacrifice more than I realized at the time.

No matter how worldly a seventeen year old you are, you're still seventeen and in a completely different place than your partner. It's very easy to let yourself be manipulated and controlled. Just be aware of that. As long as you're living up to your full potential and manifesting the fullest expression of yourself, then the relationship is working. That applies to any relationship, regardless of age. 

My husband and I are nine years apart. I'm 32 and he's 41, but the difference this time around, is that we both entered into the relationship as adults. As equals.

I don't think I could be as good a mother to my daughter as I am if I felt that my relationship with my husband was unstable; and the fact that you're asking about your relationship online, means that somewhere in your mind you have questions. Honor those questions and listen to that voice. If it's not right for you, if you feel uncomfortable on any level, then it's not right for your baby either. Follow your heart, but be really, really smart about it. 

• I personally don't like the idea. But if you're happy who cares what anyone says. It's your life. 
  • imageNandaB:
    I call MUD. I missed her post but apparently she got flamed on the sahm board and DD'd

this! haven't there been issues with OP's previous posts before? 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Teen pregnancy is NEVER okay.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • okay what the heck does MUD mean ??
  • nyki06nyki06 member
    When I was 15 I "dated" a 23 year old. Years later I was able to see that even though it seemed ok at the moment, it really wasn't. I wasn't mature enough to handle that situation and the age difference put a huge difference in power (whether or not that was intended). Although I didn't have an ideal childhood it was still inappropriate for me to be with someone who was so much older than me, and was at a completely different place in his life. If I would have met him later in life I'm sure that it would have been a non issue, but I didn't so it wasn't ok. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagekravenmoore:
    Made Up Drama

ooh, okay thanks! And I know it sounds made up but I guess my life is just drama , but I think if everyone knew my life story, maybe you'd believe me or maybe not due to all the drama in it !! 

• imageMommyP26:

imagekravenmoore:
    Made Up Drama

ooh, okay thanks! And I know it sounds made up but I guess my life is just drama , but I think if everyone knew my life story, maybe you'd believe me or maybe not due to all the drama in it !! 

Who doesn't have drama at 17?  Why make up more for internet strangers?

• imageMommyP26:

imagekravenmoore:
    Made Up Drama

Who doesn't have drama at 17?  Why make up more for internet strangers?

It's not made up , but I'll just leave this alone now:)

• When I was 17 I dated a guy that was 29,I too like PP had been workig and was helping out at home left school so I could make money. When my friends were talking about prom I was buying diapers for my little sister. Not everyone has that happy childhood some people live in. Hard shit like that makes u grow up. And I felt better with him then young little boys but then When I hit 18 and he was 30 I wanted to go out party,dance,clubbing,drink be wild and he was ready to settle down. Stay home drink a glass of wine,relax. It might not be an issue now but age will be an issue later on and we NEVER had sex. This makes me think he was a great guy. First because I was a minor and he refused!! And I actually begged (so young and crazy back then) and then I turned 18 and did not work out so we never did anything. He is still my friend and we talk everynow and then. We have good memories :)
  • My only concern is legality. After that, who the hell cares? My grandmother married a man older than her own father. Whatever flips your pancake.

Yep. I agree with this.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • MommyP26 said:

imageClandestineX:
    Yeah so was I , a lot of things happened to me when I was young and I guess that plays a part in why I'm also attracted to older men . I've never dated guys my age always older . And to answer pp question it's legal of your parents sign the paper to okay it . I just wanted to see what your ladies opinions

Well, I don't see why you would need our opinions if it is already done. Congratulations on your marriage. Now stop worrying what everyone else thinks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"