January 2014 Moms

Have you announced your pregnancy yet?

If so, when?

I just turned 12 weeks and I have no desire of announcing this time around, at least not anytime soon.

Anyone else waiting a bit longer maybe until 16, 20 weeks?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Have you announced your pregnancy yet?

• I announced to close family and friends between 6 and 8 weeks, but to everyone on Facebook at 13 weeks.

• We announced to family at about 8 weeks. We announced to the rest of the world at 12 weeks and I am telling work tomorrow at 13w1d.
    Dave and Kathleen - 09.12.09:
    Partially Complex (my blog)
  • Loading the player...
  • I started showing at like 5 weeks, so I was forced to tell early.  I work full time and they could tell right away.  My grandfather was also in the hospital for 3 weeks before he passed away, so I saw my entire extended family on the regular from 6 weeks on.  Again, they could tell right away.

I announced on FB/my blog after my 2nd ultrasound at 7 weeks. I would have waited longer, but what can ya do?  Can't really hide this belleh, so I'm just going with it.

If you aren't showing and/or don't see a lot of people on the regular and can hide it when you do, then I'd just wait until you're ready.  My sister waited until after her a/s and then just announced she was pregnant with a baby girl.  Do what feels right. 

Carter Robert 7.18.08 | Brynn Sophia 5.24.10 | Reid Joseph 9.10.12 | Emerson Mae 1.27.14

• Close family and friends know. There won't be a fb announcement this time around. Even last time I simply changed my profile pic to our son wearing a big brother shirt. I'm kind of over the whole big and cutesy announcement.

• We announced it at our wedding during our thank you toast, around 8.5 weeks. Our immediate families new ahead of time, as well as our wedding party, but it was a surprise to the other 125 people there.
  • Our very closest friends know but we are waiting until we find out what we're having before we tell family and other friends...which will be next month
  • imageKaleigh1289:
    We announced it at our wedding during our thank you toast, around 8.5 weeks. Our immediate families new ahead of time, as well as our wedding party, but it was a surprise to the other 125 people there.

I love that you announced and your wedding and I adore your siggy pic! :)

We have announced to close friends and family. We most likely will not announce on fb until after the AS scan.  

• We told family and really close friends around 8 weeks.  We will tell everyone else next week after the NT scan because we are going home and I am visibly showing so there won't be any hiding it anyway.  Oh, I had to tell work at 9 weeks because I was showing.
  • imageBalletLover:
    We have announced to close friends and family. We most likely will not announce on fb until after the AS scan. nbsp;

Same here, waiting to know what we are having before announcing it on fb.
  • i found out at about 4 weeks since i had blood work at my doctor's office. they called me at work, so the girls i work with knew immediately. it's hard to keep stuff like that a secret! we told our families shortly after that. i can't keep a secret to save my life, and my m-i-l always seems to know when something is going on. she guessed with my first pregnancy before we had a chance to tell anyone.
  • imageBalletLover:

imageKaleigh1289:
    We announced it at our wedding during our thank you toast, around 8.5 weeks. Our immediate families new ahead of time, as well as our wedding party, but it was a surprise to the other 125 people there.

I love that you announced and your wedding and I adore your siggy pic! :)

We have announced to close friends and family. We most likely will not announce on fb until after the AS scan.  

Aww thank you! We were going to keep it from our family and everything until the wedding, but there's no way I could have done that. I mentioned in another post how I announced it to my parents, but in case you missed it...We went to their house on mother's day with a cake, all wrapped up with ribbon and bows. We were out on the deck and had her open it. She gets all the ribbon and foil off it it and reads "Happy Mother's day...GRANDMA??!?!?!?!" and absolutely flipped out. Meanwhile, my SIL got the whole thing on video on my phone. It's super cute. 

• We have to our parents at 7 weeks. We are just slowly telling the rest now at 15 weeks. 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

imageimage

• Everyone IRL I have contact with knows. I'm not doing the FB thing, but I do post pics and if they can tell by my belly, than the jig is up.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• KEfam5KEfam5 member
    Friends and fam know as of last Thursday. Which was the 12 week mark. I'm not too interested on putting it on Facebook, I don't know why...

• We started telling family after our first u/s.  We both told our friends in person as well.  I'm not on FB anymore, but I told my H he could announce there after our A/S.  I am the organizer of a moms group as well.  I have been telling the people I am friends with but the others will find out when they see me/baby is born.
    _____________________________________________________________________________

SAHM to 4 kiddos... K (5/05), N (4/09), C (11/10) and Baby A 1/13/14

• We announced at 7 weeks, after we heard the heartbeat. If you don't want to announce, don't lol People will figure it out as they see you Smile
    __________________________________________________________________________________________ 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers  
  • We told parents and siblings right away and then close fiends as the weeks went on. I will tell work this week at 14 weeks and then we will announce on fb at 15weeks when we find out the sex!

Jaclyn D'Ausilio Jackie D'Ausilio

Married 6.22.12

Baby Oliver Born 1.11.14

• My parents, brother and ILs have known for a while. We told extended family last weekend when I was 14.5 weeks. We won't do a fb announcement until after our anatomy scan on August 7th.

Missing Our July Sparkler
    BFP#1-11/12/12, MMC 1/16/13-baby stopped growing @ 9wks, found out at 13wks, D&E 1/25/13
    BFP#2-4/23/13 EDD-01/02/14 baby BOY born 12/31/13 Michael Cameron <3

• We will facebook announce probably on the due date lol but that's it. We are starting to tell people now, so just those we see regularly and phone calls to family we don't see often
  • We told my parents around the 5w mark, DH's mom around 8w4d, some of my family around 11w, DH's grandma and Dh's sister yesterday at 12w5d. We are planning on telling the rest of the family today and this coming week. 

We're not sure when we are going to announce it on FB, both of our mothers are dying to put something on there and have been begging us for the last two weeks, but we're just not ready yet.  Maybe in the next two weeks?

December Siggy Challenge: Love Actually

Married DH: April 21 2012 // Expecting our first: Jan 20 2014
    BabyFetus Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• We told our family but are waiting to tell Facebook and my blog.
     ***********************************************************************************************
      blogbutton badge!!!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Told our family at 8 weeks, extended family at 11 weeks and will most likely be telling on Facebook sometime this week at 13 weeks.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

My Blogs

https://littlebirdconfections.wordpress.com/

https://heismightyquinn.wordpress.com/

• We announced on FB at 14w. But we live abroad and won't see many folks in-person anytime soon. DH has 2 close cousins also expecting - 1 in Oct and 1 in early Jan (like us) and neither has said anything on social media.
    ______________________________________________________________________________

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Trying to conceive #2
    Me: 36 - slight DOR (AMH: 1.1), decent OAR; DH: 41 - Morphology 4%
    NTNP July-Aug 2014, ATTC Sept 2014-Present
    October 2014 - CP
    July 2015 - Clomid + #1 IUI = BFN
    September 2015 - Clomid + #2 IUI = CP
    October 2015 - Letrozole (5 follies - yay!) + #3 IUI = BFN
    November 2015 - CP
    December 2015 - CP
    February 2016 - Letrozole + #4 IUI = CP
    April 2016 - CP
    May/June 2016 - IVF #1 and IUI #5 (Estrace + Follistim + micro-hCG + HGH) = BFN

Struggled to conceive #1 2012-2013
    Me: Chronic Pain Condition since 2009, DH: Slightly Abnormal SA
    Clomid #1: March 2013 - BFN; Clomid + IUI: May 2013 CXL; BFP on 4/22/13 = Baby Boy #1 1/1/14

• The only thing I haven't done is facebook. I was all set to at 13 weeks and then I started spotting and I decided to wait. Although I am 15 weeks and really showing so in person everyone can tell.

• grml14grml14 member
    We announced as soon as we found out 8 weeks. It's out first child and we really couldn't contain out excitement.
  • We told everyone when I was 10 weeks. Right after I had my ultrasound and everything looked good.
    Alexis 9.1.06 * Jaxson 3.17.08 * Tessa 2.8.14

• imagetahloulah10:
    I announced to close family and friends between 6 and 8 weeks, but to everyone on Facebook at 13 weeks.

This
  • We told our immediate families right away, and close friends at 7 weeks. Said something on FB at 8.5 weeks.

I know everyone is different, so do what's comfortable for you OP. With my first, we said nothing until my A/S; that's what we were comfortable doing at the time.
    ________________________________________________________________________________

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• We told immediate family at 8 weeks after our first u/s and the rest of the world at 14 weeks. By that point, I was showing (second baby), so there was no hiding it. If I wasn't showing, we'd probably would have waited until this coming week, 16 weeks, when we hopefully find out the sex.

• We told our immediate family in town at 8 weeks, out of town immediate family at 12 weeks. My boss and two coworkers know due to being sick and having to miss work. We won't be announcing on social media sites. After suffering a loss at 18 weeks last time, we decided to keep this pregnancy just among ourselves and some friends. Very close friends we've told, but other friends will just find out when they bump into me :
  • km_mdkm_md member
    We told our immediate families pretty early on, my best friend knows and my one boss at work knows. We are going to wait until after our NT scan next week to tell the rest of the family. I still haven't decided about a FB announcement though. I don't think that I want a big announcement, but I saw an adorable picture of a dog announcing with a sign or t-shirt on pinterest (of course) that I thought was cute, so we may do something like that, I'm just not sure when. 

• I'm 12 w 3 d. My in laws know as they live out of state and my SO is very close with them. My family in the other hand I'm dreading telling, my mom has 2 cents about everything and I just don't care to hear what wonderful not advice and comments she will have this time.
  • We announced almost right away to family. Waited until I was about 12 weeks to tell friends. 

Will announce to everyone after I find out the gender, hopefully at 16 weeks. :) 

Expecting baby #1 on New Year's Day 2014!
  • Yup.  Told close friends and family around 4-6 weeks, went public on FB at 11.5 weeks. I've had friends who have waited longer to tell. Really its up to you and what you feel comfortable with!

imageimageimage

M/c #1 - 10/30/07 - 5w3d, DS1 - born at 36w, M/c#2 - 12/7/09 - 5w, M/c #3 - 1/13/10 - 4w6d, 
    M/c #4 - 3/16/10 - 5w1d, DS2 -  born via VBAC at 40w3d, M/c#5 - 11/5/12 - 7w2d
    BFP #8 - 5/5/13- Looks like a sticky one! DS3 - born via epi-free VBAC at 39w1d

• We told close family right away, and close friends shortly after that. After one check up the circle spread wider, again after my first ultrasound.

I agree with many of you, I just can't seem to make a big deal announcement on Facebook. This is my first pregnancy and we are very excited, just don't want to make a big scene, especially for many people I don't know well. Everyone who I want to know now knows.

Though I must share this story with you ladies while we are on the subject. I ran into a coworker a week ago who is currently in maternity leave with her first. I told her my news and specified who did and didn't know in the office. When she stopped in to visit the office a few days later, she "accidentally" let it slip to several coworkers who I told her didn't know, one of which works in another department and why the hell would she know???? Whether it's bad listening skills or absentmindedness, it's frustrating to have that happen, especially when she just recently went through it herself. Needless to say there is a huge personality difference in how we handle those type of announcements Ill spare you all the tacky story of how she told her family but when it doubt, keep your mouth shut. Right???
  • Our parents know and each of our best friends. Will tell extended family and close friends at 16 weeks. I will not tell on face book.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"