Cloth Diapering

Econobum Prefolds

I have heard pretty great things about the Econobum Prefolds. Anybody have any experience with these? They seem too good to be true between price and quality. Also, is it only limited to the trifold? TIA!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary

Re: Econobum Prefolds

• I find the sizing pretty awkward. They are a bit longer than my red edge GMD, yet narrower than my yellow edges. DS is pretty chunky, still EBF, and poops a lot. So we snappi 95% of the time, and the Econobums don't really work too well for us with the snappi. 

Also, on my GMDs, you can see the center panel is thicker than the outside two. It doesn't seem like the Econobums are used that way.

I suppose they would be fine for trifolding, and once we get to that point they'll be more useful. But right now, I've just been using them as burp cloths. I only have 3 since I bought the trial pack.  

• I bought some used at a local shop.  They work just as good as mu GMDs but I only trifold and stuff pockets with them :)  I don't think they'd snappi well since they are narrower than most prefolds. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imageNVandGZ:

I find the sizing pretty awkward. They are a bit longer than my red edge GMD, yet narrower than my yellow edges. DS is pretty chunky, still EBF, and poops a lot. So we snappi 95% of the time, and the Econobums don't really work too well for us with the snappi. 

Also, on my GMDs, you can see the center panel is thicker than the outside two. It doesn't seem like the Econobums are used that way.

I suppose they would be fine for trifolding, and once we get to that point they'll be more useful. But right now, I've just been using them as burp cloths. I only have 3 since I bought the trial pack.  

This. I also found them very bulky, though on the positive side they are very absorbent. 

A friend eventually converted all mine to inserts for my Best Bottom covers - that made the best use of the absorbency and I could customize the size and bulk to suit my needs.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"