February 2013 Moms

Carseat issues

Ladies, my sister has a 6 week old little girl who hates her carseat! (She does not bump, i keep trying to tell her how amazing it is, but apparently her birth month group wasn't quite as awesome and she just didn't feel welcome - BOO!) anyways, I know you guys are awesome and will help her.  

So her 6 week old hates the car.  She cries from the second she is put in the carseat until the second she is removed. They have tried so many toys and noise makers and soothers and anything else they can think of.  Nothing has worked.  So hit me with your sage advice ladies.  Be her Hero, becuase my precious niece is a bit of a nightmare in the car! haha

Thank you! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Carseat issues

• Just an opinion have u guys tried Watching shows in the car? Those portable DVD players are a BIG help if not u should try it and only tell her that she can watch a show as long as she is not crying or complaing in the carseat my godson isn't very fond of going in the car either and the shows have solved this problem! Good luck
  • imageMno21:
    Just an opinion have u guys tried Watching shows in the car? Those portable DVD players are a BIG help if not u should try it and only tell her that she can watch a show as long as she is not crying or complaing in the carseat my godson isn't very fond of going in the car either and the shows have solved this problem! Good luck

Whoa just realized I am in the wrong birth club lol instead of clicking February 2014 I clicked 2013 lol hope I was at least a bit of help!
  • Loading the player...
  • imageMno21:
    Just an opinion have u guys tried Watching shows in the car? Those portable DVD players are a BIG help if not u should try it and only tell her that she can watch a show as long as she is not crying or complaing in the carseat my godson isn't very fond of going in the car either and the shows have solved this problem! Good luck

Whoa just realized I am in the wrong birth club lol instead of clicking February 2014 I clicked 2013 lol hope I was at least a bit of help!
  • peterepetere member
    My son was the exact same way when we switched to the convertible carseat it was like he was a completely different baby! The angle is a little different I the convertible carseat than in the infant seat and for him as his reflux it made a world of difference: no more screaming baby for and hour in the car! I should also add we had extra convertible carseat a from ds1 so we were lucky and were not out anything I it didn't work righ ways but at 4 months he road fine I. His infant carseat in my husbands car! Tell her good luck I now how she feels all to well!
  • What seat is she using?

Does she use a pacifier?  If not, I highly recommend.  The green soothies saved my sanity.

Does she have a mirror where the baby can see herself (and she can see the baby)?  

Maybe someone could ride back there with her on a few test drives to comfort her and help her get used to it?  She might be scared because she thinks she is alone.

We are so thankful that our second daughter, Lillian Elizabeth "Lily", was born healthy and happy on February 11, 2013.  We love her to pieces.  

We lost our first daughter, Hannah Grace on May 4, 2011.  She was buried on May 14 during a beautiful service at my home church. We are grateful that if she could not be here with us, that she is healed and whole with the Lord. We look forward to the day when we will get to meet her. We love her so much.

• I actually have advice. Just wanted to say that my amazing, sweet, precious baby boy is the same way! Literally the week he turned 6 weeks until just recently at 5 months...And he still gets a little fussy. Patience and time!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"