August 2013 Moms

NBR: Prayers for my Shell-Baby

Mobile: NBR: Prayers for my Shell-Baby

Our tortoise is GONE.

We have an outdoor enclosed play area for him when the weather is nice. Usually we put him out in the morning and bring him in in the evening. That way he gets natural light and can frolic among the weeds. We forgot to bring him in last night and now he's completely gone. There's no way he could have climbed out. We scoured the yard, his play area, under the deck, etc etc. Nothing.

I'm so afraid something came in and got him! We don't have any large dogs in the area, the play pen is out of hawk/eagle range, and we don't think we have raccoons (haven't ever seen them in the 5 years we've been here).

Prayers please that we find him. He's my husband's special little guy and I can tell DH is devastated right now. Our tortoise is the whole reason we went with turtles as our baby theme. I'm more afraid of finding parts of him than not finding him at all.

Thanks everyone...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: NBR: Prayers for my Shell-Baby

• Oh no!! Will definitely say a prayer for a safe return!

• RK125RK125 member
    Hope he comes home soon! Tnp
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Oh no!! That's awful. Do you have any standing/running water in your area? He may have headed that way. I hope you find him safe and sound, and soon!!

imageimageimage

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Oh no! T&p your shell baby finds his way home safely and quickly!
  • I hope he comes home soon.
    photo regina_zpsee0752b3.gif

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP #1 mm/c at 12w1d

• Oh no, I am so sorry.  

Can you touch base with neighbors and see that they keep an eye out for him?  Maybe hang up some signs in the area?

I really hope he shows up soon, please keep us updated. 
    After 1.5 years TTC, IUI #2= BFP 12/2/12

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"And the dream that you dare to dream really do come true"

• :( This makes me so sad! I will say some prayers and keep you in them. I really hope you find the little guy!!
    A'13 June Siggy Contest- TV Dads
  • Oh no!! I hope he turns up alive and well. I had a turtle that lived in our yard and we lost him for a few weeks, couldn't find him anywhere! And he turned up safe and completely fine. I hope your shell baby is just playing really good hide n seek:)
  • So sorry to hear and hope he turns up soon! Shell babies or fur babies...they are all like family.
  • Aww, hope he is okay.
    imageimageimageimage

• Oh no! This makes me want to cry. I hope you are able to find him.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • T's and ps but, even if he did leave on his own I'm almost positive he will be back! Neat story but my cousin bought a turtle from her city pet shop and brought it out to my moms house which is in the country. She took nail polish and painted a red J on its back and let it go in our yard. Of course it disappeared but it came back every summer without fail for about 7 years! Which is crazy because theres tractors and coyotes and other natural or unnatural predators to deal with out there...we were always surprised to see the turtle come back! They know where their home is, hopefully yours will return!!!!

BabyFruit Ticker

j13 sept. siggy challenge: Apples:

• I hope you find him soon!

12/19/2012 BFP! 
    EDD 08/26/2013 
    Our little girl arrived 8/22/2013!

• How awful!

T and P for his safe return! 

• OH NO! As a fellow turtle lover, I really hope you find him.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I'm so sorry, very few things as upsetting as losing a furbaby in my experience. I hope you find your shell baby soon!!!
  • Hope he returns safely soon!!!

• Thank you ladies for your T&P's. Our eyes are peeled for any sign of him. I'm so terrified that I'm going to find pieces of him someplace. *shiver*

• elvbrielvbri member
    Think positive, you will find him! In the meantime I'm sending out prayers to you and your DH!
  • Oh no I hope he shows up safely very soon. Please keep us updated.
  • Oh no! I hope you find the poor guy soon!! I had a turtle when I was a teenager and I was so attached to him! I even polished his nails and made him a punk rock anarchy shirt. I really hope you find him very soon.

Layla 01.08.12

Chloe and Vivian 07.23.13

My Gang.  Halloween 2013

• I hope you find him safe and sound very soon!! We had a pet turtle as kids and even though he didn't much we loved him just as much as our other pets. T and P for your little shell baby!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"