November 2012 Moms
Options

George Zimmerman

Do you ladies think the jury will find him guilty or not guilty? Thoughts? 

I think he'll be found not guilty. I think there's a lot of reasonable doubt and I don't think the prosecution has proved their case. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: George Zimmerman

• Options
    I don't know what the jury will decide, but I'm hoping for a guilty verdict. 

• Options
    Based on the trial and the evidence I haven't been convinced George is guilty. Guilty of being stupid, yes, but guilty of murder, no. I just don't feel they've proved intent enough to have a guilty verdict for murder. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagerachael_c26:

ITA. 

image   My chart 

• Options

imageuconnhuskie007:
    imagepamelamelanie924:
    Based on the trial and the evidence I haven't been convinced George is guilty. Guilty of being stupid, yes, but guilty of murder, no. I just don't feel they've proved intent enough to have a guilty verdict for murder.nbsp;
    . This is what I agree on. Either he's not guilty or prosecution failed trevon Martin, I'm not sure which but I agree he won't be found guilty

Murder is not the only verdict option. They also have the option of manslaughter and aggravated assault.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageGargita:

imagerachael_c26:

ITA. 

I hope the jury at least comes back with Manslaughter. Zimmerman had a lot more options available to him and he took none of them. He should be held responsible for his bad decisions. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Yeah I just haven't been convinced he's guilty of any of them based on the evidence given. Like I said, he's guilty of being stupid and if stupid were a crime prisons would be more full than they are now. I just don't know how the jury can say he's guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.
  • Options
    imagepersephonerose:
    imageGargita:

imagerachael_c26:

ITA. 

I hope the jury at least comes back with Manslaughter. Zimmerman had a lot more options available to him and he took none of them. He should be held responsible for his bad decisions. 

This. Following and shooting an unarmed kid even though the 911 dispatcher told him not to ? DH said not for nothing but if some guy was following me around I'd do something too. To which I replied it's never a good idea because of all the crazies out there !
  • Options
    imagepamelamelanie924:
    Yeah I just haven't been convinced he's guilty of any of them based on the evidence given. Like I said, he's guilty of being stupid and if stupid were a crime prisons would be more full than they are now. I just don't know how the jury can say he's guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

He's not just guilty of being stupid. He's guilty of following someone around in his car as well as on foot. This is assault. He then approached Treyvon after being specifically instructed by police dispatch not to do so. Rightly so, Treyvon was in fear of HIS life. He then got into a physical altercation with Treyvon. Again, for lack of better words, he may not have "thrown the first punch", but he ABSOLUTELY made the first move when he decided to pursue Treyvon. And then, after all of that, he shot and killed Treyvon Martin.

The only thing that's left unknown is which man was recorded crying, "Help" and if, in fact, Treyvon was reaching for Zimmerman's gun and that is why Zimmerman shot him.

Zimmerman is absolutely guilty and I hope he gets charged with, at the bare minimum, Manslaughter. He was way too "high" on his neighborhood watch position and he took it way way WAY too far.

• Options
    Welp.

There y'all go.

He got the Not Guilty verdict y'all felt he earned... or his defense earned, I guess.

• Options
    imageLori_n_Lior:
    it is officially legal in America to get out of your car at night and chase and murder a teenager just because

I really can't express the extent to which this verdict disappoints and sickens me.

image   My chart 

• Options
    I am surprised, I thought with the added option of manslaughter he would for sure be guilty of something. Yikes
  • Options

I thought assault was making physical contact.

I was just simply stating that I do not think the prosecution proved the case beyond a reasonable doubt and that based on the evidence shown, I was not convinced he was guilty.  

• Options
    imagepamelamelanie924:
    I thought assault was making physical contact.I was just simply stating that I do not think the prosecution proved the case beyond a reasonable doubt and that based on the evidence shown, I was not convinced he was guilty. nbsp;

Assault solely requires instilling fear.
    Battery adds the physical contact aspect.

• Options
    imagerachael_c26:
    imagepamelamelanie924:
    I thought assault was making physical contact.I was just simply stating that I do not think the prosecution proved the case beyond a reasonable doubt and that based on the evidence shown, I was not convinced he was guilty. nbsp;

Assault solely requires instilling fear.
    Battery adds the physical contact aspect.

ETA. And all I was saying is he got the verdict you felt his defense earned.

... so we're on the same page.

Different opinions, same page.

• Options
    imagebeane4018:

imageGargita:
    imageLori_n_Lior:
    it is officially legal in America to get out of your car at night and chase and murder a teenager just because

I really can't express the extent to which this verdict disappoints and sickens me.

Same. Also, in some reports I've read it has said the jury was 6 women... That can't be right can it? I thought juries were 12 people? 

There's a minimum of 6.

12 max.

• Options
    imageLori_n_Lior:
    imagenbsp;

Lori that's great. First Casey now this
  • Options

imagerachael_c26:
    imagerachael_c26:
    imagepamelamelanie924:
    Assault solely requires instilling fear. Battery adds the physical contact aspect.
    ETA. And all I was saying is he got the verdict you felt his defense earned. ... so we're on the same page. Different opinions, same page.

Yeah you're right. When I think of someone being charged with assault I think physical. Is simply following someone really assault?

Either way, what's done is done.  

• Options

imageuconnhuskie007:
    imageLori_n_Lior:
    imagenbsp;
    they really need to change the law...the fact that you really can kill if you even just fear for your life is terrifying. Glad I don't live in fl

I don't believe the law needs to be changed, if you fear for your life you should absolutely be able to protect yourself.

This case isn't a matter of him fearing for his life, it's whether he ACTUALLY feared for his life, rather then just saying that to cover his butt.

• Options
    imageJenner37:

imageuconnhuskie007:
    imageLori_n_Lior:
    imagenbsp;
    they really need to change the law...the fact that you really can kill if you even just fear for your life is terrifying. Glad I don't live in fl

I don't believe the law needs to be changed, if you fear for your life you should absolutely be able to protect yourself.

This case isn't a matter of him fearing for his life, it's whether he ACTUALLY feared for his life, rather then just saying that to cover his butt.

I agree. I have my concealed weapons permit and if I'm ever in fear for my life I feel like I should have the right to protect myself. 

• Options
    imageuconnhuskie007:
    imageLori_n_Lior:
    imagenbsp;

You're joking, right?

Zimmerman put HIMSELF in the situation he was in where he POSSIBLY feared for his life.

If someone broke into your house with a gun and you got in an altercation with them trying to protect yourself and THEY shot YOU because "they feared for their life", are they not guilty too?

• Options
    He should have been charged with SOMETHING. Very disappointing. Should he be sitting in a prison? Hellz yeah. But regardless of where he spends his days, he will walk round with the burden of having taken someone's life, as he should.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I havent followed the trial, was it publicized? My thinking is, maybe there was more evidence/info than what was presented in the media?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

imagekiraliz2:
    image143BabyCakes:
    He should have been charged with SOMETHING. Very disappointing. Should he be sitting in a prison? Hellz yeah. But regardless of where he spends his days, he will walk round with the burden of having taken someone's life, as he should.
    This doesn't make me feel better, not even a little. In pretty sure that dude feels vindicated right now.

Yes, I think it's safe to say this guy feels no burden whatsoever.

• Options
    image143BabyCakes:

Oh. Quite the contrary, I'm sure he now feels that what he did was justified...

Have you seen his face? Zimmerman has no remorse for what he did. Maybe because he really doesn't believe he did anything wrong or maybe for a worse reason, IDK.

• Options
    imagerachael_c26:
    image143BabyCakes:

Oh. Quite the contrary, I'm sure he now feels that what he did was justified...

Have you seen his face? Zimmerman has no remorse for what he did. Maybe because he really doesn't believe he did anything wrong or maybe for a worse reason, IDK.

I agree Rachael. He was grinning from ear to ear in the courtroom.

Now he gets to live free and probably protected and start cashing in on this experience....you know there's a book and/or movie deal coming shortly.

TTC #1 since 3/11

BFP #1 5/4/11 EDD 1/12/12 natural m/c 5/17/11

BFP #2 8/9/11 EDD 4/18/12 ectopic pregnancy (methotrexate) 8/24/11 ruptured tube and removal 8/29/11

BFP #3 3/9/12 EDD 11/19/12 Logan born 11/18/12

BFP #4 10/21/14 EDD 6/30/15

~*~*Everyone Welcome*~*~
  • Options

imagerachael_c26:
    image143BabyCakes:
    Oh. Quite the contrary, I'm sure he now feels that what he did was justified... Have you seen his face? Zimmerman has no remorse for what he did. Maybe because he really doesn't believe he did anything wrong or maybe for a worse reason, IDK.

I saw his face. Right now he is being fueled by adrenaline, excitement at the prospect of going home. I honestly think that something of this magnitude will come around and knock him on his azz. Not today. Not tomorrow. But someday, it will hit him. People hate him. He and his family aren't safe. And he is at fault. He will realize the gravity of taking someone's life. You can't escape something like this.

• Options

imageacousticchick18:
    I havent followed the trial, was it publicized? My thinking is, maybe there was more evidence/info than what was presented in the media?

The media was asked to back off b/c they wanted this to be a trial by jury not by media. The media listened, regardless of the crap they get. 

• Options
    imageuconnhuskie007:
    I'm still shocked that some of you think that stand your ground in fl is a reasonable law. That, and the shoddy prosecution are the reasons Zimmerman walked. It's so f'ucking sad. And trayvons poor mother....I can't even imagine

This really is a separate issue for a separate thread, BUT there is a specific part of FL's SYG statute that protected Treyvon. Mainly the part that says this statute doesn't apply when a person isn't engaged in unlawful activity and attacked in a place he's allowed to be; this person has NO DUTY to retreat and can reciprocate with force, including deadly.

All of these points meet to the T this case. Treyvon.... was NOT doing anything illegal.
    Treyvon... WAS somewhere he was allowed to be.
    Treyvon... WAS confronted in a hostile manner.
    Sadly, there was a gun involved.

Treyvon should have been protected. So questioning this law is irrelevant right now.

• Options

imagekiraliz2:
    Basically a murdered man was on trial. Freaking absurd. ETA: Kid. Kid, not man.

ITA.  

• Options
    imagekiraliz2:
    Well the problem is that SYG would apply if Trayvon had initiated contact. And since he is dead, and there weren't any solid witnesses, it makes it extremely difficult to prove he didn't. Self defense is assumed and the state has to prove otherwise. Which is bass ackwards IMO.

Right, but my point was to specify to UConn that if she thought FL's SYG law was as black and white ::no pun intended:: as this case makes it out to be.... it's not.

Or not supposed to be.

Based on last night, I guess it is.

F.uck. I don't even know which way is up. This whole case has me all jumbled up.

• Options
    imageuconnhuskie007:
    imagerachael_c26:
    imagekiraliz2:
    Well the problem is that SYG would apply if Trayvon had initiated contact. And since he is dead, and there weren't any solid witnesses, it makes it extremely difficult to prove he didn't. Self defense is assumed and the state has to prove otherwise. Which is bass ackwards IMO.

Right, but my point was to specify to UConn that if she thought FL's SYG law was as black and white ::no pun intended:: as this case makes it out to be.... it's not.

Or not supposed to be.

F.uck. I don't even know which way is up. This whole case has me all jumbled up.
    clearly

Um. Please don't start with that.

Unless you'd like an enumerated list of all the clusterfuckk thoughts you spout off on the reg...

Which I'd be more than happy to oblige. Just say the word.

• Options
    imageuconnhuskie007:
    imagerachael_c26:
    imagekiraliz2:

Or not supposed to be.

clearly

I'd be more than happy to post a list UConn's List of Clusterfuckk Thoughts.

:D

• Options
    imageuconnhuskie007:
    imagerachael_c26:
    imageuconnhuskie007:
    imagerachael_c26:
    imagekiraliz2:

Or not supposed to be.

clearly

Unless you'd like an enumerated list of all the clusterfuckk thoughts you spout off on the reg...

Which I'd be more than happy to oblige. Just say the word.
    say what???

Oh. Whoops. My first reply did post.

I threatened it twice. Yikes.

• Options
    imageuconnhuskie007:
    imagerachael_c26:
    imageuconnhuskie007:
    imagerachael_c26:
    imagekiraliz2:

Or not supposed to be.

clearly

I'd be more than happy to post a list UConn's List of Clusterfuckk Thoughts.

:D
    I'm not going to dignify your dig out of the blue? in such a heavy, and personal thread with a response. I don't know wtf your problem is. Yeah I disagree with you, I think a crazy law let a guilty man get away with murder. How that view pertains to your view me ME I don't get. None the less, it couldn't be farther from the point

Riiigghhhhtttt. Because your "clearly" response wasn't a dig at me?

Got it.

• Options
    imageuconnhuskie007:
    it's a response to the topic at hand, which is a heated one at that. Seriously tho if you feel so inclined to slaughter me on here and lay out the reasons you think I suck, feel free to do so in a separate post. Go nuts. This thread isn't the place

In what world do you see that I came in here to "slaughter" you? I was clarifying for you the SYG statute. It was all relevant to this thread then YOU insinuated that I "clearly" don't know what I'm talking about, more or less.

Are we clear here?

• Options
    imageuconnhuskie007:
    Refer to your "threat" re: my clusterfuckkk thoughts as you so eloquently put it. Anyway...

Well, I'm nothing if not eloquent.

• Options
    imageuconnhuskie007:
    imagekiraliz2:
    Jeez Uconn, slow your sushi roll.
    me?! Dude, seriously I don't get it. Do I need to check myself in to a mental health facility??? I don't see why in this conversation I need to slow MY role. I really think if y'all are on the same page and I'm constantly an azzhole that I'm literally losing it

Okay. I know I've been gone for a while, but this seems like a way big overreaction.

But I am the "other party" here, so...

FWIW, a bunch of internet strangers can't tell you if you're losing it or not.
    Just. FWIW.

• Options
    I think most of this is a big overreaction. And totally off topic. 
  • Options

imagepamelamelanie924:
    I think most of this is a big overreaction. And totally off topic. 

ITA. I read UConn's "clearly" comment as meaning the law was not "black and white." I didn't feel that it was directed at Rachel's mental state. I could be wrong, but that is just how I read it.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers  Lilypie First Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"