August 2011 Moms

Asking for positive thoughts

Hi ladies,

I am going through a very stressful time and I need some thoughts and prayers. I need to vent, and I don't know where to do it.

Quick backstory: found out I was pregnant on 7/3! I had already been spotting on and off a few days before that. I was sure I was getting my period, but alas, I was happily wrong. Spotting continued through last week into the weekend. Called Dr. Monday AM and they had me come in for an internal exam and blood work. My beta level came back at 147 at 4w5d. Went back on Tuesday for the Rhogam shot as I am RH neg. Back for second blood draw yesterday. Got dissapointing results today with a 235. Major anxiety is setting in. Levels didn't double in the 4872 hr window.

They are not sure what is going on. The nurse was encouraged because my betas did rise, but again, it's not doubled. They said they want me back next Thursday for another blood test to check my levels. Then go from there.

I am beyond upset. I hate this feeling of not knowing what is going to happen between now and the next blood test. Hearing her tell me about the signs of an ectopic pregnancy and what to do if this happens or that happens almost put me over the edge. DH is working long days and I have no one to talk to bc we haven't told anyone yet. I already was crying in front of DD and I do not want her seeing me like that. I think I'll confide in my mom later but I know that will lead to more family knowing and I do not want that.

Sorry this became a novel. Any spare positive thoughts and prayers would be much appreciated. I just want to know what's going to happen.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Asking for positive thoughts

• Lots of thoughts and prayers headed your way. Is there someone you can confide in? A sister, cousin, close friend? It might be helpful to talk to someone about it without worrying about the news spreading or just have them take your adorable DD so you can have a few minutes peace? 
        Super Hero 8/12/11     Baby Girl EDD 10/16/14

• ::positive thoughts coming your way::

I'm sorry you weren't able to get a clear answer. I'D be pretty upset if I were in your shoes. And I'm sorry you have to wait another week. Is there any way they could test your beta's again on Monday instead of Thursday?

I hope everything turns out for the best ::hugs:: 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh no, Emsue. I'm sorry you're going through this. You're definitely in my thoughts.

Remember, you'll always have us to talk to.
  • I asked about seeing me earlier to check my betas, but she said they don't do that. They want to give it a full week. I also asked about getting an ultrasound in the next week, but she said with my low numbers, there's nothing for them to see/check. I almost begged for one, but she said if I make it to the next blood draw AND the number is at least 2500, they would do an ultrasound. UGHHHH
  • Lots of T&P's coming your way. I really wish for the best for you. You can always talk to us.
  • imageEmSue412:
    I asked about seeing me earlier to check my betas, but she said they don't do that. They want to give it a full week. I also asked about getting an ultrasound in the next week, but she said with my low numbers, there's nothing for them to see/check. I almost begged for one, but she said if I make it to the next blood draw AND the number is at least 2500, they would do an ultrasound. UGHHHH

Oh EmSue, I am so sorry. I don't remember if you were around when I got pregnant with Baby Boy, but I went through a similar situation. I had heavy bleeding, got sent in for beta's, etc. It took a little over a week to figure out what was going on and it was the longest. week. ever. You have all my sympathy. I know just how bad this sucks.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Thank you for all of your kind words. It really means a lot.

I just told my mom tonight and even though i cried through the whole conversation, I feel a lot better. We are very close so having her know what I'm going through lifted some of the stress off my shoulders. I know she's there for me if I need her.
  • imageEmSue412:
    Thank you for all of your kind words. It really means a lot. I just told my mom tonight and even though i cried through the whole conversation, I feel a lot better. We are very close so having her know what I'm going through lifted some of the stress off my shoulders. I know she's there for me if I need her.

I'm glad that you were able to talk to your mom. It's nice to be able to talk on here, but having a real person to listen while you cry and give you real hugs is much more comforting.

I really hope for the best - sending T&Ps your way.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Thinking about you and your family, I hope you get good news soon!
  • Awwww EmSue I am so sorry you are going through this. I know it is easier said than done but just try to stay positive.

Sending our T&P's your way. Big Hugs

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"