April 2013 Moms
Options

Anyone else with a mega-baby?

My daughter is three months old and 18lbs 6oz and 26 inches long.

She was 21 inches and 7lbs 14oz at birth. My husband and I are both roughly six feet tall, so I was expecting a larger kid, but my back is starting to kill me from carrying her around all day!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Anyone else with a mega-baby?

• Options
    DS is 11 weeks tomorrow. Earlier this week he weighed 16 lbs. I'm not sure of his height tho. He was 7 lbs 15 oz at birth and 20.5 inches long. I'm 5 feet tall and DH is 5'10... I don't know how we made such a massive, fast growing baby. Strangers say he looks 4 months old.
    TTC since May 2012; BFP July 31st, 2012; EDD April 13th, 2013 BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    evertzevertz member
    Yep! 15 lbs at 11 weeks.. He's average length - just a chunk. But man is he heavy! He weight more than his 4 month old cousin. He was 9 lbs at birth.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My LO was 14lbs 8 oz at 8 weeks which was apparently 101 percentile for weight! His 3 month appt is next week so I can't wait to see what he is now. And he was only 7 7 at birth and I bf. we are not giants either. My dh is 6 1 and I am only 5 6. I guess he's just a huge baby!
  • Options
    My little girl was 8lbs 8oz and 21in at birth. On June 21st she weighed 16lbs and was 25in, 5 days short of her 3 month birthday. She's definitely grown more since then. She must be 18lbs now. My husband and I are both big people, so we're not surprised. And our doctor is not concerned since she's in proportion.
  • Options
    I have an extremely long baby. He looks skinny compared to 'normal' babies. My husband is 6'2, I am 5'8, but my dad was 6'8 so I have a tall gene I would like to think lol.

• Options
    leasajleasaj member
    My baby girl is a little peanut. 3 mon on Monday and a little over 12 lbs. Should I be worried?
  • Options
    98 percentile over here! DH is 6 ft 7 in though. Someone asked me the other day if he was 6 mos, lol
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageleasaj:
    My baby girl is a little peanut. 3 mon on Monday and a little over 12 lbs. Should I be worried?

No
    TTC since May 2012; BFP July 31st, 2012; EDD April 13th, 2013 BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    love4blove4b member

imageleasaj:

Not at all! That's totally within the normal range. 

• Options
    how are all your big babies doing with holding their heads?? I feell like his head is so big that hes having issues holding it up.
  • Options

DS was in the 80th percentile at his 2 mo appointment (both height and weight) and I felt like that was big!  He grew like crazy since at his 2 week appointment he was in the 11th percentile for weight and something like 30th for height.

He was born 6 lb 9 oz but yesterday I weighed him on our bathroom scale and he's just over 14 lb. 

• Options
    love4blove4b member

imageRussianMommy:
    how are all your big babies doing with holding their heads?? I feell like his head is so big that hes having issues holding it up.

She's actually doing really well with it. I think it's helped that I've pretty much exclusively carried her (in a carrier or not) since she was born (hence my aching back) - no stroller, swing, or bouncy chair until just a few weeks ago and her carseat doesn't come out of the car. So whenever she's awake, she's been pretty much upright and although her head leans against me, when she wants to look around, she's forced to lift it. Dunno if it made a difference or not, just a guess.

• Options
    imageminxyglams:

imageRussianMommy:

She's actually doing really well with it. I think it's helped that I've pretty much exclusively carried her (in a carrier or not) since she was born (hence my aching back) - no stroller, swing, or bouncy chair until just a few weeks ago and her carseat doesn't come out of the car. So whenever she's awake, she's been pretty much upright and although her head leans against me, when she wants to look around, she's forced to lift it. Dunno if it made a difference or not, just a guess.

Same here. My guy wants to sit up more than anything, and he gets pretty close! He's just aching for the Bumbo seat!  

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DS was 7lb9oz at birth and is a little over 16lbs now. He's nearly 26" long. He was 3mo on the 11th. DH is 6'1" and I'm 5'6". 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"