Babies: 6 - 9 Months

feeding issues

My 7 month old is not a good eater at all.  She was great until she had her 4 month shots and got sick from them.  She did not eat hardly anything for almost a week.  Ever since then she has not been too into eating. 

She gets 6 oz of formula every three hours and almost never eats all 6 ounces.  I have been giving her cereal and fruit for breakfast and cereal and veggies at dinner.  She gets upset watching my 2 year old eat lunch because she wants some but then if i give her baby food she wont eat her 1pm bottle at all.  I am not sure what to do because I am afraid that she wont get enough fluid or nutrient if she isn't eating her formula.  

Does anyone else have any issues like this? I have asked the doctor and he isnt too worried because she is gaining weight and meeting all her milestones.   

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: feeding issues

• kb&mbkb&mb member
    My LO stopped eating well and I moved to a 4 hour schedule and he eats much better. He has been on a 4 hr schedule since about a month ago. So, he nurses 4 times a day and has 2-3 small meals of solids. Maybe trying this would help?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagekb&mb:
    My LO stopped eating well and I moved to a 4 hour schedule and he eats much better. He has been on a 4 hr schedule since about a month ago. So, he nurses 4 times a day and has 2-3 small meals of solids. Maybe trying this would help?

My 6.5 month old does 6 ounce bottles as well, and wasn't finishing them. Like, PP, we moved to a 4 hour schedule and he's now finishing them (or coming close, most of the time). We also switched to a faster flow nipple and that helped as well.

Married November 2009 ~ Sam is here! (12/26/12)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • We had to move to a 4 hr schedule with 6oz bottles ... She usually doesn't finish the first morning bottle but that's common. She gets breakfast 2 hors after a bottle, same with lunch and dinner. Maybe cut out the cereal and just do fruit and veggie ... DS stopped drinking when I gave him cereal because it upset his tummy so we never gave it to DD.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC 1 yr, BFP m/c 6weeks IUI #1-8 BFN IVF #1-2 - BFN Laproscopic - clear IVF #3 - BFP!!!!! 12/23 Beta #1-122, 12/29 Beta #2 - 1230, 1/4 Beta #3 8000+
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"