October 2013 Moms

nickname

We decided on Cason Joseph for our LO! However, I have had several people ask if we are going to call him CJ!!!!! I hate it when people use letters as a nickname!! If we as parents never call him CJ, I'm assuming no one else will, right?!?! I hate that I'm worried about this, but I seriously don't ever want him to be called that. And when I hear a first and middle name I don't automatically put the two intials together and think there could be a nickname with it!!!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Feb Siggy Challenge

Re: nickname

• Honestly someone would still use that as a nickname regardless of if you guys call him that or not.
  • Me and my hubby picked out Zander for a boy name if we were having one. When people would ask they would always ask if it was short for Alexander :/ Just ignore it, people are going to nitpick no matter what ya do. I think that name is adorable :
  • Loading the player...
  • People usually don't know your kids middle name so as long as you can him Cason I think everyone else will as well!

Jude Beckham 10/23/2013   Sean & Chels 03/08/2012

• imagechelseyestelle:
    People usually don't know your kids middle name so as long as you can him Cason I think everyone else will as well!

This is what I'm thinking also!! I told DH it bothered me and of course he thinks it's hilarious!! So I told him if between now and the due date he ever calls him that, I just won't put Joseph as the middle name on the birth certificate haha!! ::mobile smiley:: He didn't like that very much since Joseph is DH's first name!

Feb Siggy Challenge
  • Mae208Mae208 member
    imageDrea2892:
    Honestly someone would still use that as a nickname regardless of if you guys call him that or not.

Hmm no I disagree with this. If you don't call him that, I doubt anyone else will. The majority of people won't even know his middle name.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Mae208Mae208 member
    imageWoodfairyamber:
    Me and my hubby picked out Zander for a boy name if we were having one. When people would ask they would always ask if it was short for Alexander :/ Just ignore it, people are going to nitpick no matter what ya do. I think that name is adorable :

I think this is a legit question. Zander definitely sounds like a nickname. To each their own!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageMae208:
    imageDrea2892:
    Honestly someone would still use that as a nickname regardless of if you guys call him that or not.

Hmm no I disagree with this. If you don't call him that, I doubt anyone else will. The majority of people won't even know his middle name.

Yeah but I thought she was telling people he middle name. IMO even if they don't use cj as a nickname, there's still a possibility of them using another one, like cay or case. I'm not putting the name choice down cuz I do like it but I just have seen people shorten names a lot, I could be wrong and everyone will use Cason but in my experience that hasn't always been the case
  • imageMae208:
    imageDrea2892:

Yeah but I thought she was telling people he middle name. IMO even if they don't use cj as a nickname, there's still a possibility of them using another one, like cay or case. I'm not putting the name choice down cuz I do like it but I just have seen people shorten names a lot, I could be wrong and everyone will use Cason but in my experience that hasn't always been the case
  • Oops don't know why it double posted
  • imageMae208:
    imageWoodfairyamber:
    Me and my hubby picked out Zander for a boy name if we were having one. When people would ask they would always ask if it was short for Alexander :/ Just ignore it, people are going to nitpick no matter what ya do. I think that name is adorable :

I think this is a legit question. Zander definitely sounds like a nickname. To each their own!

Thankfully we are having a girl lol. We won't have to worry about boy names until baby number two shows up! People still don't agree with the girl name we picked out either, like you said, each to their own!
  • imageDrea2892:
    imageMae208:
    imageDrea2892:

I am perfectly okay with people calling him Case, but CJ!? No no!! I just won't worry about it, from now on when people ask I will just say his name is Cason and not even mention the middle name!

Feb Siggy Challenge
  • imagejnsmith85:
    imageDrea2892:
    imageMae208:
    imageDrea2892:

I am perfectly okay with people calling him Case, but CJ!? No no!! I just won't worry about it, from now on when people ask I will just say his name is Cason and not even mention the middle name!
    that's a good idea like the other posters said, If they don't know the middle name they can't connect it with cj
  • imageJaycarmelxo:
    imageWoodfairyamber:
    imageMae208:
    imageWoodfairyamber:

Thankfully we are having a girl lol. We won't have to worry about boy names until baby number two shows up! People still don't agree with the girl name we picked out either, like you said, each to their own!

Good thing other people aren't naming your baby, it drives me nuts that everyone thinks they can have a hand in the naming process!

Yup, we are naming our girl Athena, either they love it or they hate it. They can get over it.
  • imageJaycarmelxo:
    imageWoodfairyamber:
    imageJaycarmelxo:
    imageWoodfairyamber:
    imageMae208:
    imageWoodfairyamber:

Good thing other people aren't naming your baby, it drives me nuts that everyone thinks they can have a hand in the naming process!

Yup, we are naming our girl Athena, either they love it or they hate it. They can get over it.

Team love..

Awe thanks!
  • One day this kid is going to be older and he might actually prefer CJ. Nothing wrong with Cason, but kids in HS are mean and CJ is more mainstream. Nothing you can do about that. My guess is by that time you will have gotten over this...I hope
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagejnsmith85:
    If we as parents never call him CJ, I'm assuming no one else will, right?

Absolutely wrong, all throughout school I was called a nickname my mum hated, and had hoped no one would ever call me but they still did.
    That said if you intro him as Cason and not intro his middle name necessarily I think people will steer away from CJ but I like CJ!!
  • My MIL hates shortened names so my husband is Jonathan. She always just made a point to correct people when they tried to shorten his name. Now I can gauge how well a person actually knows him by if they call him Jonathan or Jon.
  • I'm honestly curious as to why you hate it so much. Also, I agree with the poster who said that he might actually prefer being called CJ at some point. Are you going to tell him that he can't ever be called that? Would something terrible or catastrophic ensue if someone uttered "CJ" from their mouths in reference to your son? LOL

imageLilypie - (jv05)
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • imageSuperSecretStatus:
    I'm honestly curious as to why you hate it so much. Also, I agree with the poster who said that he might actually prefer being called CJ at some point. Are you going to tell him that he can't ever be called that? Would something terrible or catastrophic ensue if someone uttered "CJ" from their mouths in reference to your son? LOL

If he wants to be called CJ, I will just ground him til he gets over it and decides to stick with just Cason.......
    ::mobile smiley::

Feb Siggy Challenge
  • i met a guy named BJ once.  awful. 

• If your going to name him such a stupid name you can't be mad when people call him a stupid nickname.
  • imagebatmandi:
    If your going to name him such a stupid name you can't be mad when people call him a stupid nickname.

you're, not your.

Feb Siggy Challenge
  • imagejnsmith85:
    imagebatmandi:
    If your going to name him such a stupid name you can't be mad when people call him a stupid nickname.

you're, not your.

I bet that felt good, didnt it?

Can you spare some neosporin? Because I feel so burned.
  • imagebatmandi:
    imagejnsmith85:
    imagebatmandi:

you're, not your.

Yeah I guess I'm not allowed to correct your grammar but it's okay for you to say my son's name is stupid! What's with all the belittling and cattyness on this board!? And that's exactly why I hardly waste my time on here.

Feb Siggy Challenge
  • imagejnsmith85:
    imagebatmandi:
    imagejnsmith85:
    imagebatmandi:

you're, not your.

Yeah I guess I'm not allowed to correct your grammar but it's okay for you to say my son's name is stupid! What's with all the belittling and cattyness on this board!? And that's exactly why I hardly waste my time on here.

You can correct whatever you want. This is the Internet, you can say whatever you want to me! You could call me no good nose picking sand licker, or whatever other insult you'd like. Doesn't make a stupid name any better, or the fact that your whining over something you can't help or change any less annoying.
  • imagequartermisses:

imagebatmandi:

Wow. That was completely uncalled for.  

No kidding. 

• imagelosersaidwhat:
    imagequartermisses:

imagebatmandi:

Wow. That was completely uncalled for.  

No kidding. 

Seriously. I'm recalling another thread yesterday where someone asked who pissed in batmandi's Cheerios. And now I kinda want to be that person.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagebatmandi:
    imagejnsmith85:
    imagebatmandi:
    imagejnsmith85:
    imagebatmandi:
    you're, not your.
    I bet that felt good, didnt it? Can you spare some neosporin? Because I feel so burned.
    You can correct whatever you want. This is the Internet, you can say whatever you want to me! You could call me no good nose picking sand licker, or whatever other insult you'd like. Doesn't make a stupid name any better, or the fact that your whining over something you can't help or change any less annoying.

OP just ignore Batmandi, she's just an AW looking for some drama to get attention.

My last name starts with a J so My DH was called MJ for YEARS, and then when we got married people started calling me JJ. I think it's different with middle names since you don't get introduced with your middle name.

• OP- Ignore Batmandi. She doesn't represent all of us and her comment was rude. We can all joke around have have a little snark but saying your son's name is stupid was a little much.

I understand your concern with the CJ nickname. I am not a fan of those nicknames either. As long as he never introduces himself as Cason Joseph then no one will be wise to it.  My best friends son is Aidan James and she was very clear with her family that she didn't want to call him AJ. No one ever did. 

And Case is an awesome nn. 

• y'all are awesome! thanks!!!

Feb Siggy Challenge
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"