August 2013 Moms

What fun things are you doing before baby arrives?

Mobile: What fun things are you doing before baby arrives?

Dh and I were talking about seein the new wolverine movie and going out to eat hot wings. I know we aren't super exciting.

Anyone else have anything planned to do before the baby comes and you won't have as much time?

Anniversary
When you've been married this long, you need a ticker to remind you.

Baby Boy M - 08/01/2013 

Expecting Baby Bean February 2017

Re: What fun things are you doing before baby arrives?

• We're taking a trip to Kansas City for a friends gender reveal party, and to visit LegoLand! :) We can't actually go in without a child under 12, but we can visit the gift shop! 

We're also pretty lame. Haha! 

• We are applying for a mortgage and will be trying to buy this house we're in love with. How exhilarating, right?! :) We'll honestly probably just enjoy all the (free) peace and rest we can get in the next few weeks.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • naps. lots of naps. haha
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

VOTE on my Name List
  • Trying to spend as much time with DS as possible. Actually just took him to see his first movie in a theater the other day. He was so mesmerized. Then we took him to the fair the other day and let him ride the kiddie train and cars. Took him to his first museum a couple months ago. 

I think I'm starting to freak out a little about how he is going to react to not being an only child any more.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers  
  • Looking and interviewing for a nanny!!  Hahaha....

But seriously, all of the above things sound like good plans!  Movies, hot wings, fun things with DD, and getting financial life in order....all in the next 6 weeks.  Now I need a nap.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • RK125RK125 member
    DH and I are thinking about seeing the new Grown Ups movie.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Selling our house and buying a new one
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • Just 2 things 1 going out to a nice dinner 2 making love
  • imagekellieann5:

Looking and interviewing for a nanny!!  Hahaha....

But seriously, all of the above things sound like good plans!  Movies, hot wings, fun things with DD, and getting financial life in order....all in the next 6 weeks.  Now I need a nap.

6 weeks?! I have about 3!!!! 

Anniversary
    When you've been married this long, you need a ticker to remind you.

Baby Boy M - 08/01/2013 

Expecting Baby Bean February 2017
  • My hubby is gone again and won't be back until Aug 1st. 

So I would like to go for a mani/pedi and do some girls things. But knowing me I will probably just eat and nap. I am uncomfortable and lazy so it seems like the right thing to do. Haha.  

• DH and I have a $100 gift certificate for the ipix movie theater. It's the one where they serve restaurant food and you sit in leather recliners. Totally the highest end movie experience! It'll be our last extra special date night before LO. so sometime in the next 4 weeks we are going. I will probably fall asleep in the super comfy movie seats

• Ditto on the naps! I've been sleeping so much lately! I keep telling myself its fine I'm just resting up for the big day and all that comes after! Also trying to spend time with OS and do as much as possible before LO gets here

BabyFruit Ticker

j13 sept. siggy challenge: Apples:

• My birthday is in 10 days and DS's is in 20. Other than that we don't have much planned.
  • imageEmeraldeyed315:
    naps. lots of naps. haha

For serious! The summer school class I teach isn't in session on Fridays so this afternoon I took a long two hour nap cuz I could! Hubby would join me usually but he's working at the fire department today.
    BFP #1 - 12/7/2012 - EDD 8/14/2013 - DD born 8/17/2013
    BFP #2 - 3/31/2014 - EDD 12/6/2014 - Natural miscarriage on 4/28/2014
    BFP #3 - 8/4/2014 - EDD 4/12/2015 - Chemical Pregnancy discovered on 8/13/2014

• I have a bit more time that most of you ladies (being due at the end of August), but we have quite a lot of fun stuff planned!

Have a wedding to attend for good friends in a couple weeks

A couple concerts/shows in July - before I get into the final month

We'll probably to a few $3 movies and dinner date nights

A day trip to the Oregon coast  

And I plan to get a couple manicures and pedicures as well as a couple prenatal thai massages before LO arrives. Oh, and lady-dates with girl friends! 

• DH and I are taking our "babymoon" at the end of week 35. Nothing hugely exciting, just going "down the shore" spending a few days relaxing at the beach. A little nervous about traveling that late in pregnancy, but we will only be 2 hrs from home and very near his family in case of emergency. And we need it BADLY.
    Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

• Spending lots of time with DS and my SAHM mommy group pals at the pool. 
     DS1 8/2011. DS2 8/2013.

• Unfortunately DH has been working 5060 hours a week... So I've been going on dates with my parents. My fave is going with my mom to get pedis! She's so ticklish that she screams laughing and it's entertaining for everyone!
    But naps are a must!!
  • DH and I are getting massages two weeks before LO is due to arrive.  I can't wait!!!!!! We also have two weddings between now and my due date.  And, if my doctor approves the trip I will be going home to OC, NJ to visit my parents for two days.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • DH and I my first time saying that!! got married yesterday!! It was a perfect day, we even had a small rain shower right after the ceremony! Now we solely focus on the arrival of our baby girl!
    Aug.13 May Siggy Challenge: Moms
  • Thanks for asking this!  Hubby and I were just talking about what we could do.  We both love the outdoors and I've been itching to get out and do something.  It sucks being pregnant during the summer, when you are an outdoors kinda girl.  I'd love to go camping or kayaking, but at 4 weeks from due date, I can't do much of anything.  I needed some ideas.  Maybe we'll opt for dinner and a movie also!  

Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"