September 2013 Moms

Charley horse

They have been horrible!!! I don't know if any of you ladies have experience these horrible leg cramps in the middle of the night. My doctor calls them charley horses....I guess they are no remedies but I guess some Gatorade before sleep may help.

Re: Charley horse

• I heard the Gatorade thing too but I freaking haaaaaaaate Gatorade. I tried one night and while it did help the charley horses, I had such bad heartburn and nausea that it wasn't even worth it.
  • Magnesium is a good remedy for muscle cramps. Natural Calm powder is probably the easiest way to get it, and it would help with sleeping as well.
  • Loading the player...
  • I've heard bananas help.  Worth a try at least.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers BabyFruit Ticker image
  • I've heard it could be a potassium deficiency? But I don't know who I asked to confirm. I've been having cramped up legs for several weeks now also. And the pillow between the legs doesn't help :/

Must try Gatorade. Hadn't heard of that.
    VOTE on my Name List
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Gatorade, a banana and an epsom salt bath... which is magnesium... and you should be good to go.

Make sure that once a muscle has fully spasmed that afterwards you rub the muscle to release the acidic properties and flush your body with water. Or else the same muscle is susceptible to future charlie horses...

BFP 01/05/2013. EDD 09/18/2013. Low Progesterone. Gestational Diabetes. Rh Negative. Baby Ky-Mani born 100% healthy 09/17/2013. TTC#2 12/2013. BFP 02/01/2014! "Baby RaggaMuffin" due 10/07/2014.

• I eat bananas. they help me out, can't hurt to try it! 
    Liliana Seraphina born 9/5/2103

• I've been getting them regularly now.  The cure for muscle cramps is hydration and potassium! Good luck
  • I had the worst one I have ever had last night. I actually had to wake up DH to help me because I couldn't walk it out. I have heard bananas and water help.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
  • Had them few weeks ago and contacted my OB friends. The issue is not really potassium but getting enough magnesium. I am now doing 400 mg MG supplement, having Brazil nuts also high in mg, drinking g2 Gatorade and haven't had any problems since. My DH had to rub my calf for weeks after the first attack. They are horrible good luck.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"