April 2013 Moms

Baby piercings?

I hope I get no rude comments for this. Some people might not be to into this. Here it goes,in my family we have always pierced little girls ears when they are small I got mine when i was 3 months. I cant remember it at all I love the fact that I have been wearing earrings my whole life. I said I would do the same with DD,now she is 3 months and has her shot that is requiered, I am excited about doing it but super nervous. Has anyone pierced their baby's ears yet?

Re: Baby piercings?

• I havent yet but i'm super excited about doing it as well. I think this weekend i might just do it since LO turned 3 months today :)
  • imagelilbit0910:
    I havent yet but i'm super excited about doing it as well. I think this weekend i might just do it since LO turned 3 months today :
    . I was thinking about this weekend too! Where are u taking her?? All I know about is that store in the mall Claire's.
  • Loading the player...
  • I think it looks so cute on babies, but will prob wait to get it done.
  • imageJollyWife:
    I won't do dd's until she asks herself, but that is just how our family is. nbsp;I know other families/cultures are different. nbsp;GL! nbsp;I'm sure it will be harder for you than for her!
    . Oh definitely! I will probably be in tears!
  • imageJollyWife:
    I won't do dd's until she asks herself, but that is just how our family is. nbsp;I know other families/cultures are different. nbsp;GL! nbsp;I'm sure it will be harder for you than for her!
    . Oh definitely! I will probably be in tears!
  • I'm Hispanic and culturally babies get their ears pierced really young. I'm doing LO's next week, she will be 3 months as well. I am actually doing it at a pediatric ENT doctor. It's not covered by insurance but I feel better about doing it at a doctors office than at the mall. Depending on where you live, that may be an option. Good luck!
  • If I had a girl, she would definitely have her ears pierced. No flames here
    TTC since May 2012; BFP July 31st, 2012; EDD April 13th, 2013 BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary
  • i asked the pedi on recommendations and she said that any jewelry store would be fine since they all must have new/safe/sanitary equipment by law. I will probably go to the jewelry store by my house.
  • I have a boy, so I'm not looking to get it done lol but I did see a sign at my pediatrician's office that they do it there. You might want to inquire with your pedi! Good luck =]
    CafeMom Tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagehazelfrank:
    I'm Hispanic and culturally babies get their ears pierced really young. I'm doing LO's next week, she will be 3 months as well. I am actually doing it at a pediatric ENT doctor. It's not covered by insurance but I feel better about doing it at a doctors office than at the mall. Depending on where you live, that may be an option. Good luck!
    . I have never heard about this! Thanks going to look into it!
  • DunkinDunkin member
    I had my dd done at 5 months and she screamed for 1 minute. Never had problems. My dr office offers it but when I asked to schedule it they told me to get it done at the mall since they do more of them. So I did. This time I am taking dd2 to a Sweet and Sassy salon. Dd1 will get a mani pedi and 2can get her ears pierced.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageJollyWife:

Same!
    Good luck
  • imageDunkin:
    I had my dd done at 5 months and she screamed for 1 minute. Never had problems. My dr office offers it but when I asked to schedule it they told me to get it done at the mall since they do more of them. So I did. This time I am taking dd2 to a Sweet and Sassy salon. Dd1 will get a mani pedi and 2can get her ears pierced.
    . That is awesome!
  • Eh, not my thing. We'll wait until Clara is old enough to decide for herself and not need too much help cleaning them. I had to wait until my 8th birthday, and I think we'll do the same. My niece will be 1 at the end of the month, and her ears are pierced. To each their own! I'm sure she'll look adorable.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My MIL pierced my husband's left ear when he was a baby. lol

I have a boy so I am not getting his done unless he asks when he is older. If I had a daughter I might do it about this age so she'd be less inclined to touch and tug on it while it was healing. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • NandaB she asked for no rude comments so if you don't agree or have anything constructive to offer then don't post. It isn't necessary to offer your opinion on every post. I think we would all be fine without your judgemental replies.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I had my daughter's ears pierced at 2 months. Like you, my Mom had mine done early as well. I have had mixed comments (not that I really care what other people think)- some say it's good- one lady told me she waited for her daughter to turn 4 so "she could make the decision" <like a 4 year old can make a decision>.... haha. I still have people ask me her gender.... even though she's in pink and has earrings. Do it, if it's what you want to do. My baby screamed really bad and I felt terrible at the time, but it was only for 15-30 seconds, the same way she screamed when she had her shots... and now it's over with and she's had them for 2 months and I personally think it's adorable.
    DSC_0214
  • One thing I forgot to tell you (something I wish I did) ask for her ears to be pierced at the same time (by 2 people) that way it's one ouch and not 2.-> this is something a nurse suggested (after the fact)

DSC_0214
  • I believe it's a cultural thing as well - my mom had ours done when we were infants and we never had any problems. I had DDs done after she got her first set of shots.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #2: 11-7-14, CP (BFN: 11-13-14)

BFP #3: 3/24/15 EDD: 12/5/15

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"