June 2013 Moms

FFFC - anyone?

This could be more fun now that LOs are here...

I just pooped while wearing DD. She is sleeping for the first time in hours/days and there was no way I was risking waking her by taking her out of the sling. Sorry, baby girl...

photo 10ebb789-afb8-45aa-93a6-7e8da795dd51_zpse91502e6.jpg
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: FFFC - anyone?

• I'm finding myself dreading diaper changes with DS and I never minded with DD. Even with a rag or diaper covering his penis, I manage to get pee'd on.  And he is a sprayer!  I can't count the number of shirts I change in a day. I used to jump in the shower when it would get in my hair, but I'm too tired now so I'll just run a wet comb through it. So, yup, I reek like pee and breastmilk most days and DH wonders why I don't want to "go out and enjoy myself" when he gets home to "rescue" me!  And, ironically enough, cue baby farts which means it's time for another diaper change. Enjoy your Friday, ladies!  Wait, is it Friday?  :P
  • I love both of these posts! Can't wait to read more today : I'm trying to think if I have any!
  • Loading the player...
  • I have a few:

My DH has been amazing this week. He assisted me through over 24 hrs of labor and natural birth. He has changed the majority of LO's diapers. And he stayed with us every minute while her hospital stay was extended due to jaundice. He has been 100 percent supportive of BFing and even forced me to hang in there when I was ready to just give her a bottle. But I want to throw a vase at his head when he says he is tired. He is sleeping in 4 to 6 hour stretches. I would kill to get just two hours right now.

I have no problem handing LO off to be held like I thought I would. I love her snuggles, but I already welcome the break.

I have no desire to dress LO in any of her cute little outfits. She likes being in her diaper and it makes BFing and changes easier.

I don't think I have taken enough pictures of her first few days of life.
  • Im excited to start shifts next week so DH gets a taste of what I've been doing the last six weeks. And so he will realize that Colt will eat even if his eyes are closed. The first time he asks why Colt is up every hour during his shift but only twice during mine I will laugh and tell him he should listen to me more.

Side note , when he helps with night feedings he likes to say that LO is sleeping and not hungry so LO is up again in an hour.

CJ 05/29/2013

• I really feel great for 18 days PP from a c-section, I'm actually surprised how good I feel. My FFFC is that I had to show off this past week at work, it didn't matter if I felt good or not. A few in my dept criticized if I could handle everything, with having both girls and going out with them so soon after being home. My work had an employee appreciation day wed, they have this once a year. I had to go in, show off both girls, and had to say how great I felt and that things are perfect. I loved the look I got from those crazy old bats that had plenty to say before.  

• I wish I could relax and get some rest! My lo is a peaceful sleeper all day long! Until its my bed time then she makes crazy noises to make me think she can't breathe and shes dying
  • jefkjefk member

I wish people would stop buying clothes for DD.  She has so many little 0-3 mos outfits, I'm afraid that she'll grow out of them before she gets the chance to wear them all.  I'm certainly grateful for all of the gifts, but I've asked my mom and MIL to stop buying her clothes (of course they haven't, their excuse is they "just can't help it, the clothes are so cute").  Secretly, I really just want to go out and buy her clothes that I think are cute and not so over-the-top frou-frou girly like some of the stuff we've gotten.

Also, I'm one of those snobby Starbucks-only people.  I went to Dunkin Donuts today since it was near the bank and gas station (and we don't have a drive-thru Starbucks here) and my iced latte sucked!  Of course I drank it because I needed the caffeine, but Starbucks iced lattes are far superior to Dunkies.  However, Bucks can't compete with Dunkies donuts. 

• jefkjefk member

imagemeshly92905:
    I wish I could relax and get some rest! My lo is a peaceful sleeper all day long! Until its my bed time then she makes crazy noises to make me think she can't breathe and shes dying

Mine does the same thing - she sleeps so well during the day but at night she goes crazy.  I think it's because she takes her daytime naps in her bouncy seat or RnP but at night sleeps in the crib - maybe she's not used to sleeping flat. 

• Mine is that I have been watching a lot of not child friendly TV while feeding my little guy.  Particularly, a lot of Game of Thrones which is incredibly graphic.  I know he can't the TV or understand what is going on, and even if he could, he would be too focused on food, but I feel kinda guilty.  Not guilty enough to change my ways though... 
    image image
    Bennett Andrew- 6/4/13      Nora Elizabeth - 10/3/14
  • kh59kh59 member
    imagejmcgra06:

This could be more fun now that LOs are here...

I just pooped while wearing DD. She is sleeping for the first time in hours/days and there was no way I was risking waking her by taking her out of the sling. Sorry, baby girl...

I totally did the same thing this morning...

• I used to get annoyed by the fact that DD1 was not born with a penis. The reason being I hate pink clothes, and especially since baby showers in my neck of the woods are for your firstborn only I was expecting unisex/practical gifts. In retrospect I should have ''sexed'' the baby and claimed it was a boy and had a shower pre-baby.

But since then I had DD2 and am a lot more mellow. 

"What are you having?" "Well the radiologist says its a healthy little human baby. I'm a little disappointed, because I really wanted a puppy." LOL
  • My laziness has reached new heights. I have no idea where I put the baby nail clippers, so I'm just letting DD claw the hell out of my boobs when breastfeeding. Almost every time. I figure the clippers will turn up eventually.

• I don't think Conan O'Brien is funny at all. 

I'm not new. I just hate The Bump. 

• Ditto on watching TV that isn't child friendly. I'm getting caught up on True Blood.

• imageMegStory17:
    Mine is that I have been watching a lot of not child friendly TV while feeding my little guy.  Particularly, a lot of Game of Thrones which is incredibly graphic.  I know he can't the TV or understand what is going on, and even if he could, he would be too focused on food, but I feel kinda guilty.  Not guilty enough to change my ways though... 

Josh enjoys a variety of Lifetime programming and Law & Order. You're in good company.  

I'm not new. I just hate The Bump. 

• I'm about to have a drink. At least it's after noon here.

CJ 05/29/2013

• I love being able to BF and I'm so glad it has gotten better. I still hate it when she cluster feeds though. Except when we were at the inlaws' for the 4th. Then I was glad to have a reason to go into another room and be all alone.
  • I'm using the excuse of having to hold Nemo all the time for not getting any work done. Although it's mostly true; she really does cry when I put her down and I can't use our Maya wrap with her hip brace. 

Proud Mama to Mickey (12.03.09) and Nemo (06.06.13)

• LiLi23LiLi23 member
    imageBaconlettucetomato:
    I'm about to have a drink. At least it's after noon here.

I am jealous. I'm at my mom's right now and could totally go for a beer. DS is sleeping and DD is happily playing w her grandma. No beer in sight and I'm entirely too lazy to run out to the store. Wah :[

Lilypie - (tyeV)

Lilypie - (AarQ)

• - I have pooped while wearing Charlotte on more than one occasion 

- she has "watched" Army Wives and " Happy Endings" 

Charlotte Elise
      5/27/2013

• imagejefk:

imagemeshly92905:
    I wish I could relax and get some rest! My lo is a peaceful sleeper all day long! Until its my bed time then she makes crazy noises to make me think she can't breathe and shes dying

Mine does the same thing - she sleeps so well during the day but at night she goes crazy.  I think it's because she takes her daytime naps in her bouncy seat or RnP but at night sleeps in the crib - maybe she's not used to sleeping flat. 

I wonder if your right about not being used to sleeping flat. My lo sleeps in her RnP during the day and a bassinet at night.
  • imageSteamboat1679:

I'm not loving my maternity leave I'm actually bored and I feel bad that I don't find it interesting.  Little babies just don't do a whole heck of a lot and being around people who can talk about things other than a baby would be nice.    

I totally understand. I am looking forward to non-baby related conversation, even if it means I have to talk about work.

image image
    Bennett Andrew- 6/4/13      Nora Elizabeth - 10/3/14
  • imageSteamboat1679:
    I'm not loving my maternity leave I'm actually bored and I feel bad that I don't find it interesting. nbsp;Little babies just don't do a whole heck of a lot and being around people who can talk about things other than a baby would be nice. nbsp;nbsp;nbsp;

I agree. While I love my kids more than anything, I need to work. I think anyone who says they never need a break from their kids is crazy.
  • I haven't been able to let myself go to the bathroom while wearing DD, I just hod it in. 

DD has enjoyed many hours of Criminal Minds.

I am the worst about washing my hands. I only wash them if I've been to the bathroom or outside, that's about it. I just forget.

last night's middle of the night feeding I was so exhausted I fed and put her back to bed without changing her diaper. I felt pretty guilty but then vindicated when she hadn't leaked through by the next feeding.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageSteamboat1679:
    I'm not loving my maternity leave I'm actually bored and I feel bad that I don't find it interesting. nbsp;Little babies just don't do a whole heck of a lot and being around people who can talk about things other than a baby would be nice. nbsp;nbsp;nbsp;

I feel the same way. I'm actually looking forward to packing and moving as it will give me something to do.

Also, I'm not a huge fan of breastfeeding. I'm going to keep doing it but it's kind of a pita.
    My Book Blog

my read shelf:
    Denise's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• I'm tired of my jelly belly. I have lost al my weight but I have the belly still and it makes me sad. I popped a stitch earlier this week so it isn't like I can go for a walk to make me feel like I'm working it off. I. Aso glad this is the last time I have to experience this. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • jefkjefk member

imageMeghanKG:
    Sometimes I stay in my PJ's all day and only get dressed right before MH comes home so he doesn't think I'm so lazy.

I've done this.

Also, I'm currently wearing a dress that DD spit up on earlier, but I'm too lazy to go upstairs and change.  And I don't always change DD' s clothes right away if she spits up on them - sometimes I wait it out to see if she spits up more.  Last night I didn't and ended up changing her outfit three times in less than 30 minutes.

• imageMeghanKG:
    Sometimes I stay in my PJ's all day and only get dressed right before MH comes home so he doesn't think I'm so lazy.

I'm impressed you get dressed before he comes home....I would just stay in my pjs lol
  • imagemeshly92905:
    imageMeghanKG:
    I'm impressed you get dressed before he comes home....I would just stay in my pjs lol

My fianc? works from home so he knows exactly how lazy I am...I'm only a week out from my 36 hour failed induction and c-section though.  I have a feeling he'll start expecting a bit more motivation from me at some point in the next week or two.

• I had a maid service come in after H went to work and took all the credit for the work when he got home. he was so pleased that he told me to rest while he put F to bed. Chillin out watching netflix without an ounce of guilt Stick out tongue wish i had the cash to do this every day

Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"