1st Trimester
Options

Cute way to find out gender!!

So I have already had my sweet little boy, but I thought this was too cute to not share with the bumpies who may find out the sex of their LO. So you take pink and blue paint with 2 white bottle with you to the ultrasound and have the nurse or doctor, whoever is doing the ultrasound, go out the room and fill the two bottles up with the color of paint that matches the sex of the baby. Go home or somewhere nice and have fun with your partner splashing paint on one another. Maybe have someone there to take pictures. :) too too cute.
Colty Bug's Mommy

Re: Cute way to find out gender!!

• Options

That is cute...as long as they don't give you back the bottles of pink and blue because then you would be able to tell which one had been opened...haha!

I saw one idea online a few weeks ago.  The couple went to Lowes or some hardware store and picked out a pink color and a blue color.  They gave the U/S results to the paint guy and told him to mix either pink or blue and they opened it when they went home and that was going to be the color of the nursery too.

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with the heart." ~ Helen Keller

MAY '15 DEC. SIGGY CHALLENGE- FAV. CHRISTMAS MOVIE

Dating- 3/1/1999 ~ Married- 10/10/2004
    DD#1- Sweet Pea ~ Born on her Due Date 3/1/2007
    DD#2- Pumpkin ~ Due 9/29/2010 Arrived 10/1/2010

~ BFP: 6/12/2013 EDD: 2/21/2014 NT Scan: 8/5/2013 (11w3d) MMC D&C: 8/8/2013 ~

~BFP: 3/15/2014 EDD: 11/24/2014 CP 4 weeks 4 days ~

~BFP: 7/2/2014 EDD: 3/15/2015 CP 4 weeks ~

~BFP: 8/31/2014 EDD: 5/10/2015

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersimageimage
    *All are Welcome*

• Options
    That sounds like a lot to ask of an ultrasound tech, especially if it's at an anatomy scan.  If it's an elective u/s, that's another story. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageTappin2B:

That is cute...as long as they don't give you back the bottles of pink and blue because then you would be able to tell which one had been opened...haha!

I saw one idea online a few weeks ago.  The couple went to Lowes or some hardware store and picked out a pink color and a blue color.  They gave the U/S results to the paint guy and told him to mix either pink or blue and they opened it when they went home and that was going to be the color of the nursery too.

I was wondering if Selfie would be mentioned. LOL!

• Options
    I got it off of pintrest and thought it was cute. My doctor would have been more than happy to do it for me, but of course I live in a small town. Maybe it would be more appropriate for a small town OB- GYN office. Sorry for some of the confusion.
    Colty Bug's Mommy
  • Options
    Pinned Image

How cute for a gender reveal! Have the doctor put the paint color in a plain white bottle and have a paint war & photoshoot with your husband in order to find out what you're having! There are so many gender reveals!!!

Here was the original. This is where my idea came from.

Colty Bug's Mommy
  • Options
    imageFaith 21:
    Pinned Image

How cute for a gender reveal! Have the doctor put the paint color in a plain white bottle and have a paint war & photoshoot with your husband in order to find out what you're having! There are so many gender reveals!!!

This is way cuter than I imagined when first reading the post!   

• Options
    Soap1Soap1 member

Maybe it's just because I hate to be messy, but that sounds horrible!

And I agree the doctor shouldn't be worried about mixing paint :P 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    imageSoap1:

Maybe it's just because I hate to be messy, but that sounds horrible!

And I agree the doctor shouldn't be worried about mixing paint :P 

Right... I agree it sounds awful. Those photos look like pure torture to me. But people love those Color Run 5k's. It takes all kinds...

I love my doc, but he'd be like get the eff out of here if I asked him to mix paint for me.  Get the doc to write it down or whatever and then get a friend to do the paint part for you.

N '13 January Siggy Challenge
    ~*~ Winter Weather Fails ~*~
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    ccip82ccip82 member

I am trying to go through the logistics of this sex reveal in my head and this just sounds like a total PITA...

So not only do you lug two cans of paint and two white bottles to your scan, but then you hand the shiit to the tech and say mix please??

Have you ever painted before? Do you know how hard it is to pour paint from one container into a tiny bottle opening? God I hope people aren't a total azz and bring gallon buckets of paint...

Plus, wouldn't you see some of the color anyway through the bottles...even if they are white? Now that would ruin all the fun of your paint party.

And trying to get the bottles home without spilling the paint.

Finally in no way, shape, or form, do I find splashing DH with paint and vice versa fun..."Oh heyyy hunny look it's pink"...What happens next do we continue to have a paint war for funsies??

No, just no...

________________________________________________________________________________________________

sibling love  

• Options
    imageWashingtonQueen:
    imageTappin2B:

I was wondering if Selfie would be mentioned. LOL!

Hhahahaha...I thought the same thing when I read this!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageFaith 21:
    Pinned Image

Good Lord.  Celebrating genitalia has become an epidemic.  This is RIDICULOUS.    So you have the doctor put the paint color in a bottle for you?  If I were a doctor, I would freak out on someone asking me to do something so stupid.

ETA: This is now on my tacky/stupid things board.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

bring small damn bottles and a friend people. if you don't like that there is an answer for everything. I know when I was damn pregnant. it was hot outside and I would have been more than happy to go outside and have a little paint that is washable thrown on me. Don't like the idea, don't do it. It's that simple

Colty Bug's Mommy
  • Options
    completely serious: what happened to just finding out? why does it now have to be an event? finding out while looking at the screen is just as exciting as getting paint squirted on you

Married 11/27/09 and TTC right away
    Dx: Complete septate uterus with cervical duplication, endometrial polyps, PCOS, endometriosis, hypo thyroid, luteal phase defect
    4 uterus surgeries to correct my complete septum and to remove polyps and 2 years of seeing the RE, medicated cycles and IUIs
    Baby 1 and 2: BFP 3/3/11 with 2 babies EDD 11/1/11, M/C 4/6/11
    Baby #3: 8/11 pregnant EDD 4/27/11 and m/c:(
    Baby #4: 10/12/11 BFP! EDD 6/16/12m/c 10/26/11
    Baby #5: 3/13/12 BFP! EDD 11/25/12 ANOTHER m/c :(

Baby #6: 2/14/13- BFP! EDD 10/24/13, CP 2/19/13
    Baby #7: 3/15/13- BFP! EDD 11/27/13, another CP
    Baby #8.  BFP 5/19/13 EDD 1/22/14. 8 was not our lucky number

4th septum resection on 5/31/13.
    Baby #9: 6/29/13 BFP. C section scheduled for March 5th!

My miracle baby was born March 5 at 9:33am. He was 8 lbs 12.5 oz and 21.25 inches long!

image"">

• Options
    ccip82ccip82 member
    imageFaith 21:

bring small damn bottles and a friend people. if you don't like that there is an answer for everything. I know when I was damn pregnant. it was hot outside and I would have been more than happy to go outside and have a little paint that is washable thrown on me. Don't like the idea, don't do it. It's that simple

There is no need to get yourself all worked up. I was just expressing my opinion that this idea is completely asinine...if you want to have your paint party- be my guest.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

sibling love  

• Options
    This was no way toward your comment. I know really deep down why I posted this and I know I shouldn't have because it's something emotionally I was not ready for.
    Colty Bug's Mommy
  • Options
    imageFaith 21:
    This was no way toward your comment. I know really deep down why I posted this and I know I shouldn't have because it's something emotionally I was not ready for.

What are you not emotionally ready for? Finding out the sex? People not to like the idea? I'm confused.

image image
  • Options
    No no none of that. Just read my signature. I was going to use this with my 2 LO. That's why I got so upset and I thought by posting this and sharing I would get some closure and maybe give someone something that I wanted to do really bad, but did not get the chance, but it really made things worse for me and did the opposite, So I know I should have just not posted this. It was my first post since May 24th.
    Colty Bug's Mommy
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"