Baby Names

Luci

I know the majority of you prefer this spelled with a Y, but H and I love it with an I because its our names combined.

I'm just wondering if this could work as a first name or if we should use it as a nickname?

And if used as a nickname, any ideas on names it would work for? I'm not a fan of Lucille. Thanks!

..Middle name will be Anne.
BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary

Re: Luci

• I like it better as a nn (spelled the way you have it).  Possible formal names could be:  Lucille, Lucia, Luciana (you would need a new mn), Louisa.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I think Luci Anne is cute! I don't love it spelt with an I but its cute why you are doing it. I think it is great as a stand alone name too. I think people should name their kids what they plan on calling them. Just makes sense to me.
  • Loading the player...
  • I wouldn't side eye this spelling as a first name, but I much prefer Lucy.

Personally I would use Luci as the nn and use Lucia or Luciana as the first name.

BFP 1/8/10, MC 1/15/10 | BFP 3/20/10, MC 6/24/10 | BFP 12/13/10...EDD 8/22/11...DD born 6/7/11 @ 29 weeks 1 day Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Meh.  Maybe as a NN but I don't think it stands alone. It also makes me think Kelli, which I can't stand.

• imagekayjay10:

I wouldn't side eye this spelling as a first name, but I much prefer Lucy.

Personally I would use Luci as the nn and use Lucia or Luciana as the first name.

All of this. Lucy is a stand alone name.

Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • I don't like the spelling with an I at first, but as a combination of your names, I think the meaning supercedes the aesthetics. I actually like Lucianne all together too.

I sympathize with your name smoosh. DHs mn is Ty and mine is Leigh. So, it we were having a girl, she might have been Tyleigh, which I know would have been sideeyed terribly, but it means something to us.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
    N '13 November Siggy Challenge- Baby Pictures

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Im not a fan of names that end in i. They look incomplete to me. I dont think its terrible though.

BabyName Ticker
  • I love the name. My niece is spelled Lucea and they sometimes call her Lulu for short.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I suggest one of my all time favorite names, Lucinda. Lucinda Anne is very pretty!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Lucienne
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • I don't mind the i.. BUT Luci with an i is a nickname for Lucifer... That would bother me alot
  • i do like it better as a MN :)
  • Luci is fine as a stand-alone name, although you're right, I MUCH prefer Lucy. Luci just makes me think of Lucifer.

ETA: I completely second the PP that suggested Lucinda Anne!

Anniversary 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thanks so much for all your input!!
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Love PP suggestion of Lucinda
    ✯             ✯              ✯          ✯               ✯     ✯             ✯         ✯     ✯          ✯                   
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"