June 2013 Moms

umbilical cord ?

My LOs cord stunp finally fell off this morning! Do I just let it go or should I dab it with alcohol?

Re: umbilical cord ?

• Just leave it be.  My pediatrician told us not to use alcohol on it unless it got wet.

And total hurray for the cord stump falling off!  DH and I were over the moon when LO's did!! 

BabyFetus Ticker
    DS born 6/2013
  • It took FOREVER! He will be 4 weeks tomorrow
  • Loading the player...
  • My babies feel off on day 4. I still had to clean it with alcohol wipes since it was still bloody.
    I would say if there is still something to clean I would still clean it with alcohol wipes.

• My LO's fell off this morning too! Thank goodness as it was dangling by a string and was totally grossing me out. Our pedi said to continue with alcohol cleaning until it is completely dried up inside the belly button.
  • I was told not to use alcohol (just water and to dry it well) however I did use the alcohol one it got a bit smelly. If it's clean and doesn't have an odor I'd say leave it be.
    "What are you having?" "Well the radiologist says its a healthy little human baby. I'm a little disappointed, because I really wanted a puppy." LOL
  • I didnt use anything on it until after it fell off. Then I used q tips and alcohol to clean the dried blood for about a week
  • If there's no blood or puss leave it
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    photo its20a20girl_zpsy8rztyxtjpg
  • I didn't do anything, there was a little bit of blood for a day or two, now it looks great.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had the exact same question. My pedi said to dab with a little alcohol to help dry it out as long as it wasn't red or streaky.
  • imageCoffeeBeanFiend91:
    If there's no blood or puss leave it

This

CJ 05/29/2013

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"