June 2013 Moms

No More Judgments

I will shamefully admit, I was one of those people who slightly judged moms who didn't at least try to breastfeed. I never said anything to them, as I felt it wasn't my business. But I still silently judged.

Well those days are over. Breastfeeding is HARD. And I've had it easy compared to a lot of people. LO latches on great and eats like a champ. My biggest problem has been severe nipple tenderness to the point that I have to alternate Advil and Tylenol constantly to be able to tolerate feeds. FFing mommies get no more judgment from me. I am really, truly sorry.

Re: No More Judgments

• I used to judge single mothers, seeing that it's half their fault that they got pregnant via one-night-stand or some lousy BF.

Turns out Karma is a B?tch and I learned my lesson as I could not endure pregnancy with FI constantly helping me (bad MS and was too easily dehydrated plus other things). I now secretly admire some single moms for their strength.

"What are you having?" "Well the radiologist says its a healthy little human baby. I'm a little disappointed, because I really wanted a puppy." LOL
  • skioskio member
    Medela softshells for sore nipples. You're welcome. :]
    imagePregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imageskio:

Seriously, go get some now! Best.purchase.ever.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagenikip6454:
    imageskio:

Thanks! I'll send DH to the store.
  • imagedeejohn2012:
    imagenikip6454:
    imageskio:
    Thanks! I'll send DH to the store.

You can also get a prescription for APNO (all purpose nipple ointment) google it! 

• Faith7Faith7 member
    Yeah, I'm half mad at myself for believing them and half mad at all the people who write that breastfeeding doesn't hurt if "done right."  The hospital lactation consultant said the latch was great, but my nipples hurt something awful.
  • imageCourtimilk:
    I used to judge single mothers, seeing that it's half their fault that they got pregnant via onenightstand or some lousy BF. Turns out Karma is a Btch and I learned my lesson as I could not endure pregnancy with FI constantly helping me bad MS and was too easily dehydrated plus other things. I now secretly admire some single moms for their strength.

Um, not all single mothers are because they had a one night stand or lousy BF. that's a really dumb generalization.

CJ 05/29/2013

• imageBacon+lettuce+tomato:
    imageCourtimilk:
    I used to judge single mothers, seeing that it's half their fault that they got pregnant via onenightstand or some lousy BF. Turns out Karma is a Btch and I learned my lesson as I could not endure pregnancy with FI constantly helping me bad MS and was too easily dehydrated plus other things. I now secretly admire some single moms for their strength.
    Um, not all single mothers are because they had a one night stand or lousy BF. that's a really dumb generalization.

Not to mention, lol, that technically you're a single mother too. Zip it!

• imageFaith7:
    Yeah, I'm half mad at myself for believing them and half mad at all the people who write that breastfeeding doesn't hurt if "done right." nbsp;The hospital lactation consultant said the latch was great, but my nipples hurt something awful.

OMG Yes! The nurses at our hospital were extremely helpful. All of them would tell me she was latched correctly, and I would be in tears from the pain. The midwife told me I have very sensitive nerve endings.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"