February 2013 Moms

Looking for spoons for feeding

We haven't started solids yet (DS is one of the youngest on the board, born Feb 28th).  I want to give him a spoon too gnaw on/play with before we start to feed him so he gets used to it in his mouth.  I'm pretty sure that I want silicone because it's so bendy.  The metal ones that are just coated in plastic seem like they'd be too hard on his little gums. 

Anywho, I bought some silicone ones,, but when I got home DH looked at the packaging and he's suspicious of them because they say not to heat above X degrees and silicone *should*be good to many hundreds of degrees.  At any rate, this post isn't about how annoyingly paranoid my DH is (that could fill a dozen posts hehe).

What kind of spoon do you use for your LO?  What brand specifically?  TIA!

Re: Looking for spoons for feeding

• I just bought some Tommee Tippee ones at Target yesterday for the following reasons:

1.  I liked the colors

2.  They were on sale

3.  They said "self feeding 7-12 months" so that sounds like eventually less work for me, haha :)

I think they were called "Explora".  I know you are blown away by my impressive research and decision making process ;) 

We are so thankful that our second daughter, Lillian Elizabeth "Lily", was born healthy and happy on February 11, 2013.  We love her to pieces.  

We lost our first daughter, Hannah Grace on May 4, 2011.  She was buried on May 14 during a beautiful service at my home church. We are grateful that if she could not be here with us, that she is healed and whole with the Lord. We look forward to the day when we will get to meet her. We love her so much.

• We are so thankful that our second daughter, Lillian Elizabeth "Lily", was born healthy and happy on February 11, 2013.  We love her to pieces.  

We lost our first daughter, Hannah Grace on May 4, 2011.  She was buried on May 14 during a beautiful service at my home church. We are grateful that if she could not be here with us, that she is healed and whole with the Lord. We look forward to the day when we will get to meet her. We love her so much.

• Loading the player...
  • We use Nuk brand and he loves them.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I bought a neon color pack by Munchkin. Works great so far!

View Full Size Image    View Full Size Image

• peterepetere member
    We is use the munchkin ones too an like them :
  • imageally2011:

I just bought some Tommee Tippee ones at Target yesterday for the following reasons:

1.  I liked the colors

2.  They were on sale

3.  They said "self feeding 7-12 months" so that sounds like eventually less work for me, haha :)

I think they were called "Explora".  I know you are blown away by my impressive research and decision making process ;) 

haha! Love it! We have these as well!  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"