May 2013 Moms

update: vomiting & pyloric stenosis

My 5 week old has been on the Similac for Spit-Up for a little over a week now but just yesterday he started vomiting after feedings. It doesnt appear that he's throwing up all of what he's eating but its definitely curdled and smells like vomit. He is also crying and straightening his legs as if in gas pain which when he does burp, he also vomits. He will be 6 weeks tomorrow so I'm not sure if this is just part of his growth spurt or just normal vomiting or the start of a bigger issue. I dont know if we should switch formulas or let it ride...

I feel so bad for my baby boy.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: update: vomiting & pyloric stenosis

• Call his doctor.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Im waiti

ng on a call back.

• Loading the player...
  • I would just second the advice to get him to a Dr. I thought that spitting up was normal but vomiting was not...
  • we went to pedi and are now waiting to get an ultrasound on his stomach. its either pyloric stenosis or reflux. My poor baby.

TPs please...really hoping for no surgery...

• MrsRKJMrsRKJ member
    Keep us updated on what it is!
    Welcomed our baby boy Henry on March 15, 2013 (7 weeks early!)

TTA until 2014

• pnutgpnutg member
    My son had an ultrasound for this reason as well and everything came back normal. I'm hoping the same for you!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • It's probably an allergy to the formula. Lots of babies can't digest milk and or soy. My older LO was projectile puking at 4 weeks and ended up only being able to have Nutramagen and breast milk. We also had to put rice cereal in his bottles for the reflux since he wasn't gaining weight well. You'd never know it now though. I hope it all goes well at the doctors. If nothing else you might want to try the Nutramagen since it is made specifically for babies with digestive issues.
    TTC January 2010
    BFP #1 10-11-10 ectopic discovered 10-22-10, 10-23-10 methotrexate & emergency surgery, lost right tube BFP #2 12-1-10 Found to be tissue dropped from salingectomy or missed heterotopic pregnancy from BFP #1 BFP #3 1-30-11 DS arrived on due date 10-10-11 BFP #4 Surprise 9-3-12 EDD 5-9-13 DS2 arrived 5-5-13 BFP #5 5-14-14 Emergency D&C 6-16-14 9 weeks
  • Thanks everyone! His ultrasound was normal so he was prescribed Zantac for reflux and they recommended switching to soy so we're going to give that a try. They said if things dont get better by tomorrow/weekend, we will rule out other things. Im so thankful it wasnt pyloric stenosis and hope this new regime will help.

• MrsRKJMrsRKJ member
    Great news!  Thanks for the update :)  Hope all goes well from now on!
    Welcomed our baby boy Henry on March 15, 2013 (7 weeks early!)

TTA until 2014

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"