March 2014 Moms

Hot Tub ?

DH and I are going to a cabin this weekend with two of our good friends. I was really looking forward to hiking, etc then relaxing in the hot tub afterwards. But after what I've read online, I'm not sure if I should be getting in the hot tub :(

I'm thinking if we can turn the temp down (to 99/100 degrees, but I won't know if we can do this until we get there) and I don't stay in it for long/just let my feet soak, it should be okay. But what's your take on this?

I'm seven weeks, zero days, if that makes any difference. 

Kinley Diane
Born 2/4/14
Weighing 6 lbs 10 oz and 20 inches long

Re: Hot Tub ?

• Hot tubs are a no no because they raise your body temperature, they also raise your risk of faint and dizziness.  I would say just sit on the edge an soak your feet.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker image

• Personally I wouldn't even if I could turn it down. That is just my personal take. I don't think it's worth the risk.

• Loading the player...
  • My doc said no hot tubs
  • imageDonniesgrrl:
    Hot tubs are a no no because they raise your body temperature, they also raise your risk of faint and dizziness.  I would say just sit on the edge an soak your feet.

This. Hot tubs, and really hot baths, are not good for you or baby. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I agree, I'd stay out of the hot tub.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I was also told no hot tubs, but definitely soaking your feet and legs for a bit should be ok. 

• No hot tubs, but arms and feet would be fine. Just pay attention to how you are feeling.

I wouldn't turn it down either. Decreasing the temperature makes it less sanitary. I don't know specifics, I just know I got folliculitis from a hot tub once and now they all ick me out. ;) 

• If I were you I'd steer clear of the hot tub. It's an extreme risk that I wouldn't take....but that's just my personal opinion.
    imageimage

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • No hot tubs! I havent been to my doc yet but if you go near a public hot tub theres always a sign that says therea a risk to pregnant women. I read in a book that you should also be careful with hot baths so your temperature
    Doesnt rise above 102!
  • Ditto what everyone else said.  The concern is that they can raise your body temp (and thus the baby's).  You could hand your legs in (or maybe even sit on the step depending on the set-up.)  just don't let yourself get overheated or limit the amount of time.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• hjw101hjw101 member
    I agree was PP. Hot tubs are a no-no.

imageimage

• jjt616jjt616 member
    Agree with the no hot tubs. Us I wouldn't want to take a chance with catching an infection. You never know what bacterias are in hot tubs

• Thanks for the advice. I just got very mixed reviews online. I'll just soak feet and not for very long.
    Kinley Diane
    Born 2/4/14
    Weighing 6 lbs 10 oz and 20 inches long

• From what I've read, hot tubs are a no-no, period.  :(:(:(  I'd say be a party-pooper, take your sparkling grape-juice, dip your feet in and pretend your having a tall glass of wine and you're whole body is submerged lol
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   image

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Kari~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"