June 2013 Moms

Baby Carriers

I've been looking at getting a Moby wrap, but the price is hard to swallow when I'm not sure LO will like it.  What are your experiences with the carriers out there?  Is the Moby really worth it? TIA

Re: Baby Carriers

• I have been loving our $30 mei tai - it works for babies 8-35 pounds. No experience with anything else, though!
    photo 10ebb789-afb8-45aa-93a6-7e8da795dd51_zpse91502e6.jpg
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Wish82Wish82 member

I think any carrier that is safe and let's you get stuff done is well worth it's weight in gold. Honestly, I think any decent carrier is going to be at least as much as the moby is. That being said, I understand your apprehension-it's hard to know what baby will or won't like-or, for that matter, you will like. Do you know anyone you could borrow one from to try it out? Or do you have a Buy Buy Baby near you? I believe they have samples you can try on. I have used the moby with my niece and my son with great success. I also have an ergo I'm anxious to use with him, but right now, I feel more comfortable with the moby. 

Good luck! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My Ovulation Chart

TTC #1 Since July 2012-BFP Sept 27, EDD June 9, 2013, Arrived June 14, 2013
    My blog-The Wino That I Know
  • Loading the player...
  • I have a moby and lo loved it. She's a big cuddler which I think helps. My only complaint is that it gets so hot! I recently ordered a ring sling. I've tried it twice and both times she cried. I think we haven't perfected the hold yet.
  • I have a ring sling and mei tai. Ring sling is much easier and more comfortable. I just ordered an ergo for MH.

CJ 05/29/2013

• skioskio member
    I have a Moby I'd be happy to sell for 25 bucks shipped if you're interested. I've gotten into woven wraps for this baby and haven't used it. I used it for DD1 a couple times, but she never took to being worn. It's black.

Let me know if you want to give it a try! If you PM me, let me know in this post because I'm mostly on mobile.
    imagePregnancy Ticker
  • jefkjefk member

imageBacon+lettuce+tomato:
    I have a ring sling and mei tai. Ring sling is much easier and more comfortable. I just ordered an ergo for MH.

Someone gave me a Maya ring sling as a shower gift, and I can't get used it wearing it - I feel like I can't get DD in securely.  I've watched the videos and everything, I guess I just need more practice.  Any tips? 

• Honestly, go to the fabric store and buy a few yards of stretchy jersey fabric. You'll have a moby wrap for MUCH cheaper. You'll need 2 1/2 yards. Cut it in half length-wise and then sew the two strips together. Make sure the seams are reinforced. If you don't want to sew, buy 5 yards of fabric, but it will be a little bulkier.

I have a moby, a sling (which I hate) an infantino mei-tei ($34 at Walmart) and a Beco. 

The Beco is my favorite for outdoor stuff. I like the mei-tei and the moby for around the house. And the sling I only use for nursing when I'm shopping, but I don't love it. 

Evelyn (3.24.10), Graham (5.30.13) & Miles (8.28.16)
  • imagehomebird:
    Honestly, go to the fabric store and buy a few yards of stretchy jersey fabric. You'll have a moby wrap for MUCH cheaper. You'll need 2 1/2 yards. Cut it in half length-wise and then sew the two strips together. Make sure the seams are reinforced. If you don't want to sew, buy 5 yards of fabric, but it will be a little bulkier.

I have a moby, a sling (which I hate) an infantino mei-tei ($34 at Walmart) and a Beco. 

The Beco is my favorite for outdoor stuff. I like the mei-tei and the moby for around the house. And the sling I only use for nursing when I'm shopping, but I don't love it. 

i second the fabric store rec, I just bought 5 years and it was on sale so it was $15 so much cheaper than the moby. I love it for around the house, it's really cozy and she sleeps amazing in it.

i love my babyhawk mei-tei for being out and about, I can out it on and tie it really easy by myself.

DH loves the ergo.

overall I couldn't live with them, it's the only way I get dishes, sweeping and eating taken care of. 

Charlotte Elise
      5/27/2013

• I have a Moby and a baby K'tan. The K'tan is way easier to use in my opinion. I'm thinking about getting an ergo, though, just for ease of use. 
  • I love our sleepy wrap (I think they're called something else now) and got it on ebay used- that's a great option if you're on a budget. I also have a Maya Ring Sling and a Baby Hawk Mei Tai- love it!

Loss #1 2008, Loss #2 2010, Loss #3 2011, Loss #4 2012, Loss #5 2012
    Loss #6 2014 Loss #7 (chemical) 2014

~DS Born! 2009~
    ~DD Born! 2013~
    ~DD due! 2015~

• imagejefk:

imageBacon+lettuce+tomato:
    I have a ring sling and mei tai. Ring sling is much easier and more comfortable. I just ordered an ergo for MH.

Someone gave me a Maya ring sling as a shower gift, and I can't get used it wearing it - I feel like I can't get DD in securely.  I've watched the videos and everything, I guess I just need more practice.  Any tips? 

For me, it's just making sure I pull the top rail really tight so I feel like he's in securely. DH helped me the first couple times.

CJ 05/29/2013

• imageManderlin923:
    I love our sleepy wrap I think they're called something else now and got it on ebay used that's a great option if you're on a budget. I also have a Maya Ring Sling and a Baby Hawk Mei Tai love it! nbsp;
    . I borrowed this from my SIL and love it. They are called boba wraps now and sell for 38.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"