Pregnant after IF

Weight gain?

Hi Ladies!

I am 10w3d with twins and I am concerned because I have not gained any weight. I am already pretty thin, 5ft 6in and 116 pounds. My RE told me I should start working on weight gain right away because of already being small. We recently moved from MA to GA, during my 8th week. During that week I know my eating habits were weird because we were on the road and in hotels. Since then I have been trying hard to gain weight, but nothing is working. I have been eating until I am so full I feel sick. I have even tried adding junk food, in addition to healthy food of course, but no luck.

According to Dr Google I should gain at least 4 to 6 pounds in the first trimester, and gaining 24 by week 24 will help prevent preterm labor. I still don't have an OB in GA...doing anything with military medical takes forever...but I do at least have a meeting with a nurse scheduled for Monday. How much did your doctors advise you to gain in the first tri? How much did you gain by 10 weeks? If you had trouble gaining weight, did you find anything that helped?
TTC since June, 2011 with anovulatory PCOS, 1 blocked tube, and mild MFI
3rd cycles clomid + Ovidrel = BFN
4th cycles letrozole/Ovidrel + IUI = BFN
IVF #1 = BFP! Twins due 2/5/2014
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Weight gain?

• Protein shakes will help. Also, I would ask some of the women on the multiples board. GL
  • i heard 1-8 pounds but with twins i'm guessing it's on the higher end.  i am at a 5 lb weight gain so far.  i also have heard 24 by 24.  protein shakes, ensure, things like that will help. 
    Me (37) DH (39); PCOS changed to Unexplained, changed to DOR in 2012 (finally a correct diagnosis!); 
    Started TTC 2009 with RE after 6 months.  
    Clomid + Trigger x2; 
    IUI + Femara x1,
    IUI + Follistim x2;
    IVF #1 (MDL) February 2013- BFN.
    IVF #2 (antagonist) May 2013, First BFP of my life. 
    Identical twin miracle BOYS (!!) headed our way- due date is technically 2/4/14 but c section is scheduled for 1/7! 

BabyFetus Ticker image
  • Loading the player...
  • I am pregnant with twins and have gained about 3-4 lbs. at almost 15 weeks. My Dr. didn't say anything about gaining weight, but I am WAY bigger than you to start out with.

I have heard of people drinking protein shakes and Ensure to make sure you are getting enough...I may try that and definitley ask your doctor when you go.

Ticker/Siggy Warning:  Children and losses mentioned

TTC #1 since 7/2011
    ME: 37  DH: 38
    SA-12/28/11-normal
    HSG-1/16/12-possible blocked left tube
    BFP#1---CP 7/9/12
    Hysteroscopy-8/9/12-blocked left tube for sure, proceeding with IUI#1
    IUI#1 (Gonal-F + trigger)=BFP#2 m/c @ 19w1d D&E 1/23/13
    IUI #2 (Gonal F + trigger)=BFP#3 EDD 1/6/14 TWINS!!!
    Identical girls born 11/17/13
    BFP#4 EDD 8/27/15 MMC at 7w6d

BFP#5 m/c at 6w

BFP#6 EDD 10/5/16  Going Strong!  It's a Girl!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Hey. I guess it really depends on your body type. I'm 11w5d and lost 2 lbs. LO, Is still doing good, but I am a bit ooverweight and doc only wants me to gain 10 lbs. So everyone is diff. I hear protien shakes help tho! Gl
    TTC Since 112010 Naturally. Diagnose:PCOS(ME) + Low Motility(HIM). Started IVF+ICSI Cycle 12312. ER 27 & ET 210 two embies transferred. *BFN 1ST IVF CYCLE.* **Getting as healthy as possible and will try IVFICSI#2 again hopefully in April.** -- HAVE FAITH; LET GO & LET GOD --
  • Oops, duplicate post.
  • Thanks for the suggestions! I bought some protein shakes yesterday, and protein powder that hopefully I can add to baked foods. I am so frustrated, yesterday I ate much more than normal, and as of this morning I lost .2 pounds. I feel guilty because our fertility issues were on my end to begin with, and now if anything goes wrong that's on me too. I am going to try for a very lazy weekend, to burn as few calories as possible!
  • don't eat junk!  have you tracked calories? maybe you are eating way less than you realize?  maybe talk to a nutritionist

• imageCousinVicki:
    don't eat junk! nbsp;have you tracked calories? maybe you are eating way less than you realize? nbsp;maybe talk to a nutritionist

I have never been a calorie counter, mostly because almost everything I eat is homemade and it is hard to get accurate numbers that way. I have been keeping a food log for the past few days though, and with some Internet sleuthing I was able to come up with the following...

Thursday, 3037cal and 93g protein
    Friday, 3160cal and 79g protein
    Saturday, 2196cal and 65g protein

Based on what I learned by figuring out these calories, I'm guessing that I ate somewhere between 1200 and 1500 per day before getting pregnant. So, I have definitely increased my calorie intake, by close to double! I have a meeting scheduled with a nurse in the OB office I will be going to tomorrow, and I am going to ask about a nutritionist. In the meantime, I'm off to make another protein shake!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"