October 2013 Moms

Cocoa butter

I was wanting to know from you ladies if cocoa butter has worked for you. I have been told by so many people that swear by it, they had no stretch marks at after pregnancy. On the other hand I hear people say its all in your genetics, you are screwed if you had stretch marks during puberty or if your mother had them. So what do you ladies think?

Re: Cocoa butter

• Stretch marks are all in your genetics. Coco butter or other lotions only help to eliviate the itching and dryness. But nothing is going to make them not happen or make them go away.

DD#1~Emma Dawn 12/19/00 7lb 10 oz 21"
    DD#2~Daphney Mae 04/17/03 7lb 13oz 21"
    DD#3~Grace Deonea 05/20/10 8lb 2oz 21"
        DS#1~Brody Maxwell born 10/16/13 8lb 10oz 21"

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm almost 28 weeks, and I haven't been focusing on my boobs, mainly because they hurt so friggin bad, and I have an old stretch mark turning a little red. But I don't have anything on my stomach, and everyone says I am way too big to be 28 weeks. So I'm hoping I can get away with it lol
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you! So informative! I just hate how many people were tellin me different stories. Seems when you get pregnant nothing but weird advice comes out of the wood work lol
  • I think if there really was some magical lotion that prevented stretch marks everyone would be using it.

Jude Beckham 10/23/2013   Sean & Chels 03/08/2012

• Lol!! I love seeing gifs on here!!
  • I'm using cocoa butter sashimi but I don't think it's going to help in the slightest since I got stretch marks during puberty. But CB smells nice and my skin hasn't been itchy at all!
  • imageWelshgirl12:
    I'm using cocoa butter sashimi but I don't think it's going to help in the slightest since I got stretch marks during puberty. But CB smells nice and my skin hasn't been itchy at all!

Same here! I got them in puberty but it really does help with the itching. I feel my skin is already stretched to the limits, I can't see how much bigger I can possibly get lmao!
  • imageWelshgirl12:
    I'm using cocoa butter sashimi but I don't think it's going to help in the slightest since I got stretch marks during puberty. But CB smells nice and my skin hasn't been itchy at all!

I am clearly NOT using cocoa butter SASHIMI, not a clue what that auto correct came from lol!
  • anskipanskip member
    I've been using for quite some time now. It really helps with the stretching and itcheness of my belly. I have no lie if it will help with stretch marks, but if it does that's an added plus. For now, it keeps me comfortable!
  • imageBrittlentz:
    Well I have gotten stretch marks before from breast growth spurts. So it is in my genes I guess to get them? However I have been using cocoa butter on my stomach and chest, if nothing else than to relieve the dry skin and itching and I don't have any stretch marks. So take from that what you will!

Yeah- I didnt get them til after I delivered ds!  Plus you still have all of 3rd tri to get them. Don't count your blessings before they come true!   

Bison (FCS) beats Big 12 Champs Kansas St (24-21)!!!
    imageimage

• For what it's worth, I've been using the Palmer's Cocoa Butter lotion since finding out I was pregnant, and it is making my skin nice and soft and smell good, but I am still getting some stretch marks on my lower stomach.  So, I don't believe that you can completely prevent them, it was a nice thought though.
    BFP #1 3/27/07-M/C 8weeks 5/3/07 "Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away." 2/4/13 IUI #1+trigger=BFP!!!  DD born Oct. 9, 2013 via c-sectionAnniversary

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I put palmers tummy butter on everyday and I haven't gotten any marks yet, however, I know that doesn't mean I won't get them during/post labor. Keeping my fingers crossed!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"