January 2014 Moms

ultrasound poll

Hey all! I was just wondering when everyone is having or has had their first ultrasound ? Mine isn't until 20 weeks.

Re: ultrasound poll

• I had one at 8 weeks after being punched in the stomach by a student (I teach middle school) and my NT scan.

If I didn't want a NT scan and didn't get punched I would only have one at 20 weeks. I don't think I could've waited thanks to PGaL brain.

Philly Sig Challenge

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    For Sale

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
  • I haven't had mine yet kinda jealous of all who have a girl at lunch announced she was pregnant today with ultrasound pictures...and she's due a month after!

I'll schedule mine at my next dr apt which is in two weeks so I assume I'm about 6 weeks away from my first one which will put me at 19/20 weeks
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    BabyName Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I've had complications, so I've already had four [I'm 11 weeks]. Before my SCH diagnosis, my first u/s was scheduled for 7 weeks, with my a/s at 18 weeks.
    ________________________________________________________________________________

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My first u/s is at 12 1/2 weeks. That's when they do my IPS testing and blood work. Can't come soon enough! Still have 1 1/2 weeks to go!
  • My RE does ultra sounds at 7 weeks before releasing to OB, so I had one then.  Next one isn't till anatomy scan.
    image"Anniversary"">imageimage
    TTC since Sept. 2011
    DX: MFI
    IUI#1 8/2012: BFN
    IUI#2 9/2012: BFN
    IUI#3 10/2012: BFN
    IVF#1 (2 embryos transferred) 1/2013: BFN
    IVF#2 (2 embryos transferred) 5/2013: BFP!!!  EDD 1/24/14
    Beta 1 (5/17) - 66.8 Beta 2 (5/21) - 341 Beta 3 (5/27) - 2771
    1st u/s 6/7 - measuring right on track at 7 weeks with 144 bpm!
    imageimage
    My Local Nestie Besties: JenniferLuvsCandy, MABride0808, thecuddleeffect, MrsHo1030
  • I have had one just because of complications.
     ***********************************************************************************************
      blogbutton badge!!!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I had a dating u/s done when I was just under 9 weeks. I had no idea when my LMP was, so she wanted to see how far along I was.

I'm not doing the NT scan since insurance doesn't cover it. So I won't be having my next one until sometime in August. I have my next appt August 9th and she said we'd schedule for the a/s then. 

But we might do an elective u/s prior to that since DH cannot wait to find out the sex of LO. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

BFP #1 8/1/11, MMC 10/5/11, D&C 11/1/11
     BFP #2 5/28/13, EDD 1/17/14. Elliott - 12/31/13
  • I had one at 7 weeks and I had my n/t on Wednesday.  I'll have my a/s at 18 weeks

dx with anovulatory PCOS 2005
    off bcp 11/11
    a few rounds of clomid and femara... no response.
    injectables/IUI 12/12... BFN
    Feb 13 IVF cycle converted down to IUI due to low follicle response... BFFN
    one last IVF attempt April/May 2013: 19 retrieved. 10 fertilized. 2 transferred in a 3dt. 4 frosties... BFP!!
    EDD: 1/21/14... Induced early at 36+6. Our little girl was born 12/30/13

surprise pregnancy with baby #2!  EDD: 8/30/16

• I've had two at my two OB appointments. I'll have another at my next appointment and then my AS. I probably won't have any after that unless there's a problem.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Around 20 weeks, as well.... Are you on tricare by chance?
  • I had one at 7 1/2 weeks because physical exam felt like I was not as far along as lmp had me (8 1/2) and doppler wasn't picking up hb.  Normally I wouldn't have had one until the NT scan at 12/13 weeks.
  • My RE did one at 6w5d before releasing me and I just had my second one today due to some spotting. 
    imageimage
    Me(32) + DH(32) TTC #1 since Dec 2011
    RE consult Dec 2012, diagnosed with lean PCOS (didn't see that coming!)  medicated cycles 1 - 4 = BFN
    cycle 5 - metformin, femara 7.5mg, IUI #1, progesterone = BFP!!!
    beta #1 (13dpiui) 37, beta #2 (15dpiui) 104, u/s at 6w5d hb of 115
  • I'll have my first one during my Integrated Prenatal Screening on Monday at 12 wks 1 day. FX everything goes well, because it will be our first time even getting to hear the heartbeat!

After that, I only get one more between 18-22 wks for an anatomy scan. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • ach298ach298 member

I've had 2 so far.

My OB office does an U/S to confirm so I had that one at 8 weeks and then I chose to do the NT scan so I had that at 11 weeks. Next scan is at 20 weeks. 

With my first I had 4: The NT scan twice (my dating was off, so the baby was too small to get the measurements they needed the first time so I had to come back the next week), the anatomy scan, and then my doctor ordered another u/s at 38 weeks since I was measuring ahead.  

imageimage

image"AlternaTickers">image
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I've had 3 - dating at 9 weeks, NT at 11w6d and repeat NT at 13w5d. I'll have at least 3 more, including 2 fetal echocardiograms and the anatomy scan. We've had complications, though, so I'm considered high risk for now.

Honestly, I would give anything to only need 2 like last pregnancy...

DS1 born 08.02.11

DS2 born 12.05.13

• I had a dating US around 7 weeks, and then the nurse couldn't find the heart beat at my 10 week appt so I got a quick freebie US then, and today I had my NT scan. I will have my Anatomy Scan around 19 or 20 weeks and then another US sometime after that to check growth I believe. 

It was amazing to see the baby today. I have a two year old, so it hasn't been that long since I did this before but the technology has advanced a ton in such a short period of time, I loved seeing the baby so clear today.  

• Since I have a uterine defect and am high risk, I have had three. I will have another one in two weeks, and every four weeks there after. The only good thing about having a defect and being so high risk is getting to see the baby so much!
    *****Can you see me in 3D???????***** image. Lilypie Second Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • What is tricare? I'm assuming no since I have no idea what that is lol..
  • I don't get one until 20 weeks which seems so far away but I guess it'll be well worth the wait!
  • I've had three so far first one was at 6weeks then at 10weeks and the last one was at our NT scan at 12weeks.
    Married 05.19.12 
      Lucas Anthony born 12.29.13
    image image

• First one at 7w, second one today 12w1d, next at 20 weeks. Hopefully everything goes well and I do not need any in between.

I will also do a 3d/4d elective scan around 28-30 weeks for fun pics.

• imagecandypantsls:
    Around 20 weeks, as well.... Are you on tricare by chance?

I have Tricare...
    ________________________________________________________________________________

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• I had one at 7 weeks for dating, the NT ultrasound at 12, and we are having an elective ultrasound at 16 weeks to find out gender. Then our anatomy scan at 20ish weeks. Getting to see our little one lots is really nice! 20 wks will be our last one thoughunless the doctor says I need another.

Married July 14, 2012

Hudson - January 7, 2014

• JaneW2JaneW2 member

Dating US at 8 weeks, which was unnecessary because I knew the conception date for sure.  (But OB didn't ask, and I wanted to hear that heartbeat!)

I just had NS at 12 weeks, with pretty pictures, and I'll have the full anatomy scan at 20 weeks.  I hope that'll be all!

• I've had two so far. I'm 10w4d, and had one at 6w4d and one at 8w1d. First was to assess viability since we just lost twins 15 days before getting pregnant, and second was for a minor sch that caused a big big scare. Next one won't be until September for our 20 week ultrasound.
  • imagejeslillyn:
    What is tricare? I'm assuming no since I have no idea what that is lol..

Typically military family insurance. I know they operate a bit differently than many other insurances.

My gf has it and she doesn't get appointments/scans nearly as much as i already have and she's almost 8 weeks ahead of me. But then again I was totally irregular so they did a confirmation scan at what turned out to be 7 weeks and I will have one again soon I believe. I don't need them, but they are covered so eh, why not?!
    CafeMom Tickers
  • imagedrink227:

I had one at 8 weeks after being punched in the stomach by a student (I teach middle school) and my NT scan.

If I didn't want a NT scan and didn't get punched I would only have one at 20 weeks. I don't think I could've waited thanks to PGaL brain.

what the what? So, this kid deliberately punched you in the stomach?! Please tell me he at least got suspended. Holy Crap.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers natural miscarriages- 12/18/07 & 2/18/13 (AKA:KRISTA555)
  • Had one at 6, 10, and 12 (for NT scan).  Not sure if I'll have one tomorrow at my appt or not.

With DD, I had one at 7, 11, 12 (for NT), 15, 18,  20 (anatomy), and 34ish.  I think I had another one in there too but can't remember when.  The 15 and 18w ones were my choice (my OB will do them whenever I ask) but the rest are standard at the office.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    BFP #1 3/27/10 - mmc discovered 5/20/10 at 11w2d - d&c 5/21/10
    BFP #2 11/6/10 - EDD 7/19/11 - Beta #1 @ 13dpo, 104 - Beta #2 @ 20dpo, 3400s
    BFP #3 4/24/13 - EDD 1/8/14 - Beta #1 @ ?, 33 - Beta #2 @ 4 days later, 260
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I had one in OB/GYN triage at 6 weeks because I was having onesided pain and my midwife wanted to rule out an ectopic pregnancy and check for cysts. I had a 2nd scan at 8 weeks because my midwife thought it'd help my PGAL brain since I was pretty much miserable. 

BFP #1 10/13/09 EDD 06/20/10 DS Born on 06/26/10
    BFP #2 03/08/11 EDD 11/16/11 DD Born on 11/04/11
    BFP #3 08/29/12 EDD 05/06/13 M/C on 08/30/12
    BFP #4 11/01/12 EDD 07/09/2013 M/C on 12/28/12
    BFP #5 04/30/13 EDD 01/03/14 DS Born on 01/02/14
    BFP #6 01/11/15 EDD 09/22/15 M/C 03/09/15
  • ccip82ccip82 member
    I had one at 10 weeks because of spotting and cramping. In the UK usually your first scan is the NT scan provided you have no complications and are not high risk. Even then the NT scan is optional so in some routine pregnancies it is not uncommon that your A/S is your first scan.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

sibling love  

• My OB wanted one at 7weeks because she handled my mc and thought it would put me at ease. Then another at 8 weeks with my RE to release me. Then I had one at almost 12 weeks for the genetic screening. Next one will be at 16 to 20 weeks for the AS.
    My hubby and I have been together since 2008. Married 5 years in Dec. DX with PCOS and annovulatory hypothalamus. TTC for baby #2 for 10 months BFP on May 29th 2015

imageimage
  • I was seeing a RE to get pregant so I had one at 6 weeks and 8 weeks. then at 9 weeks 5 days with my OBGyn and then at 12 weeks for my NT SCAN. I have a partial anatomy scan coming up at 14 weeks 2 days coming up and an appointment with my OB at almost 15 weeks again don't know if US is included. Then a full anatomy scan at 20 weeks.

Jaclyn D'Ausilio Jackie D'Ausilio

Married 6.22.12

Baby Oliver Born 1.11.14

• My OB does a dating scan at 8 weeks so I had that one.  Then I got another US at 12 weeks becasue I had a large cyst on my ovary they wanted to followup on.  I am having my third one today for my NT scan.  I will have my anatomy scan at 20 weeks. 

My OB office has a ultrasound tech in the office (that is all she does, and she has her own room set up) so they have the ability to give anyone an ultrasound for any reason with short notice which is nice.  That way if I ever did have a problem I know I can get it to see her right away and with my son, he had a kidney abnormality on his anatomy scan so I had an ultrasound at every prenatal appointment after that to keep an eye on how he was doing.   Just go in, get my scan, and then immediately see the doctor to talk about it. 

• I had one at 6 weeks and I will have one more at 20 weeks.  With my DD I only had one at 20 weeks. It was hard to wait!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• I had my NT scan this past Tuesday. I'm not sure that I would have had one until 20 weeks otherwise.
    OHM born 12/16/11, BAM born 1/10/14, mmc 06/30/15
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • One at 9 weeks to confirm the heartbeat, one at 13 weeks bc I had a bleed. Most likely one today since I see the doc today.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

imageimage

• I had a dating u/s at my first appointment that was at 8 weeks. Could have had another for the NT scan but I opted out. My next will be 20 weeks for my anatomy scan. This is already more than with my first pregnancy. I had my anatomy scan and that was IT!

Married: 9.22.12 - DD: 1.7.14 - EDD 2: 10.30.17 - J14 OG
  • imageapickett925:
    I had one at 7 1/2 weeks because physical exam felt like I was not as far along as lmp had me (8 1/2) and doppler wasn't picking up hb.  Normally I wouldn't have had one until the NT scan at 12/13 weeks.

7 1/2 weeks is really early to pick up a heartbeat via doppler.  Like really early.  With my youngest doppler didn't pick up a heartbeat at 11 weeks!  My next appointment is on Tuesday and I am going to be very surprised if we are able to hear anything at all yet.

As for ultrasounds, I have  one booked for Sept 12.  My doctor doesn't have ultrasound machines in office (most here don't) and so we have to book really early in order to get a spot because there is only one lab that does ultrasounds for our entire city.  I was offered a dating ultrasound, but because I am 100% sure of my dates, I declined.

Daughter #1 - February 12, 2010 

natural m/c March 11, 2011 at 8 1/2 weeks 

Daughter #2 - January 11, 2012 

Ectopic pregnancy discovered November 6, 2012 at 6 weeks

Daughter #3 - January 19, 2014

Started our exploration into the world of international adoption June 2012.  We have no idea what this is going to look like but we are excited to find out!

image              image

• My first ultrasound was at 11w6d (for NT scan).
    BabyFruit Ticker

• imageKiwi110:
    Barring complications, I'll only have one around 20 weeks. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one! I sometimes feel a little jealous of those who get several as standard (obviously I'm happy not to have complications, but some insurance plans cover several ultrasounds as a general rule).
    Me too! Mine is at 19 weeks because of scheduling, but I still am totally jealous of people who got to see their babies at 8 weeks or so. My OB office just does the one as long as you aren't high risk, and I was starting to feel like the only person in the world who had this!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"