August 2013 Moms

bedding

Hey Ladies,

Where did you buy your bedding?  I have looked at all the usual places: Target, BRU, Buy buy baby, pottery barn, crate and barrel, amazon....and I just cannot find anything that I like AND isn't going to cost more than the delivery!  

Thanks for your rec's!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Maternity tickers

Re: bedding

• I just bought sheets and a bed skirt from Target.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• What kind of bedding are you looking for? I couldn't find anything I was crazy about either, and since the only thing that would really get used for a while was the fitted sheet, I just bought a few different colored/patterned fitted crib sheets at Target. What about Land of Nod?
    Ezra James 08/22/2013  <3
    Nora Grace Due 12/26/2016  <3

Two Angel Babies 
    07/03/2012
    08/08/2015

"If you're still my small babe
    or you're all the way grown,
    my promise to you
    is you're never alone.
    You are my angel, my darling,
    my star...and my love will find you,
    wherever you are."
  • Loading the player...
  • All the crib bedding is just for looks IMO. Baby only needs a sheet really! I bought a sheet from target and made my own bed skirt for 2. Lol

• I managed to find a few things I liked through Target and Babys R Us.

• I had mine made on Etsy

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm no help - we bought the crib skirt & sheets from PBK.  My best friend went above and beyond and purchased the quilt for us from there as well.

Have you tried Carosel designs? And like Jill mentioned, Land of Nod?

What about WalMart even? Or Kohls? Burlington Coat Factory?

photo crunchy_zps41233998.gifimagephoto crunchy_zps41233998.gif
    My baby is ONE!!

• RK125RK125 member
    I got a couple of sheets from BRU because they were on sale.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Skip hop sheets from amazon. Since we are bumper free they are perfect since the side panels have their own patterns. Sorry I wanted to add a link but my phone is having issues
  • We got a crib skirt and sheets from Pottery Barn Kids. We didn't want the quilt and bumper since the baby can't use it so by cutting those out it really wasn't too expensive. They were also on sale.
  • KMck27KMck27 member
    I found exactly what I wanted on Amazon...have you looked on ETSY? not sure what the going costs are on there but even if you cannot find something you love I am sure someone will be willing to work with you.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • We went with PBK but Carousal and Rossenberry rooms have some really cute stuff too!
  • I'm having someone make our bedding because I struggled to find what I wanted. There were some I liked on Land of Nod and PBK
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Oilo or restoration hardware kids have unique bedding...
  • I got a crib skirt and fitted crib sheet and lamp from pottery barn kids. I got curtains from ikea. We got the changing pad cover and extra crib sheets from babys r us. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

VOTE on my Name List
  • imageBreanneL24:
    I only bought sheets. Much cheaper and I don't have to worry about a bunch of crap I won't use.

This is what I did. We received a few blankets that we can use for later when he's older.I'll use sleep sacks & swaddles while he's little.

We're not doing anything fancy or themed for his room either. Its still going to be half our office, but I am going to have to take down all my Betty Paige items. Probably not appropriate for his room for about 16 more years  ;-)

• I ended up getting mine both times from Etsy.  But I really like www.babybedding.com for a bunch of great, not-too-babyish options.  I hate theme bedding or anything too cutesy, and that site has a ton of options that are more modern.
    Nothing is more discouraging than unappreciated sarcasm. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers
  • check wayfair.com! there are so many options
  • Try dwell studio. A little more modern but also some cute retro designs. I'm not into super cutesy and ended up getting the owl design. It is SUPER pricey but all I ended up getting is the patterned crib skirt and play blanket. Figured I don't need an overpriced crib sheet or bumpers. Plus you can probably google a 20 percent off coupon.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We just got a couple bed sheets from BRU since most of the bedding stuff in the sets aren't good for lo anyway. We also got a couple halo sleep sacks, and just found out our hospital sends you home with two after delivery!
  • I actually found a complete set at a second hand store. The last two kiddos I bought sheets and made everything else. I am slightly disgusted at how much bedding sets costs. Usually they are poop quality and come with things you can't use
    Tara
  • Ours is from Serena and Lily
    Married My Love on 6/18/2006
    BFP#1 10/1/2011. Our perfect little girl, Her heart stopped @ 12w1d. D&E 11/23/11
    BFP#2 3/13/12 Weird CP/Possible EP @ 6w0d
    BFP#3 5/28/12 CP @ 5w0d
    BFP/WTF#4 10/26/12 CP
    BFP#5 12/10/12 EDD 8/23/2013
    <3 Baby Boy Born 8/22/13 <3
     photo ellie.gifPhotobucket
  • This happened to me last time I ended up with plain sheets and a quilt for when he was older from pottery barn kids.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • N_KozN_Koz member
    I got my sheets from baby bedding.com and am making the bed skirt and curtains

image   Visit The Nest!   Visit The Nest!
    BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary 
  • N_KozN_Koz member
    imagemsspeedymarie:

imageAACaHa13:
    All the crib bedding is just for looks IMO. Baby only needs a sheet really! I bought a sheet from target and made my own bed skirt for 2. Lol

this is what I did. I found some fabric at Joanns that matched my nursery colors, made a really simple cribskirt using this tutorial:

https://www.viewalongtheway.com/2012/04/silliest-little-adjustable-crib-skirt-tutorial-on-the-web/

And then just bought sheets in colors that matched the nursery/skirt.

Omg thank you that is the best bed skirt tutorial now I feel motivated to get sewing, the fabric has been sitting on my table for weeks!

image   Visit The Nest!   Visit The Nest!
    BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary 
  • Our set this time is modern, I love it- it was from Target.com.

Last time, PBK.  

I love both sets!

• I got mine from Target... Really wanted to order from etsy but they were 45 EACH so DH said no :
  • snuz81snuz81 member

imageamandarins:
    I had mine made on Etsy

Me too. 

• Thanks everyone!  I am surprised at the number and variety of replies!  

So I am going to make a crib skirt-tiered ruffles- sort of ombre in varying shades of purple.  Then I will just find/make sheets to match.  I LOve the look of a bumper, but as we all(right?) agree, way to risky, so I'll leave that out.  Maybe I'll get a mesh one if she ends up being a mover like DD.

Going fabric shopping tonight! Yeah!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Maternity tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"