June 2013 Moms

Burning when urinating?

I am 11 days post partum and suffered a 2nd degree tear. Just today I started having some burning when I urinate. It feels better when I use my peri bottle
While I urinate. I don't remember having this with my son and I had a 3rd and partial 4th with him. Has anybody else had this? Is it because of the healing? I don't think this feels like a uti.
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Burning when urinating?

• imageilovemarfa:
    I am 11 days post partum and suffered a 2nd degree tear. Just today I started having some burning when I urinate. It feels better when I use my peri bottle
    While I urinate. I don't remember having this with my son and I had a 3rd and partial 4th with him. Has anybody else had this? Is it because of the healing? I don't think this feels like a uti.

I'm just recovering from a 2nd degree tear and I believe in the vet beginning it burned. I used the bottle every time I peed. Lifesaver!! 5 weeks later in still using lol
  • I would suggest seeing your doctor. The same thing happened to me and I chalked it up to PP recovery. Turns out it was a UTI. It had gotten really bad and spread to my kidneys. I didn't have any other noticeable symptoms. I think I was drinking so much water and my bladder seemed to hold so much more not bring pregnant that I didn't notice any urgency to urinate. Hopefully you don't have a UTI, that's what it was for me.

• Loading the player...
  • Mine was just sore lady parts. It burned when it hit my lady parts and not from inside, so I knew it wasn't a uti. Good luck. Use your peri bottle.
  • I would go to your dr, Im 12 days PP and started getting dizzy because I ignored the burning. Turns out I have a UTI bad enough to make me pass out. 
  • skioskio member
    Yeah, I have this. I was already treated for a UTI over a week ago and still have the burning, so I know it's not that. I have decided that it's most likely just issues with my bladder from pushing baby out; possible pressure on the urethra from something still being out of place or swollen.

Ditto the above about making sure to empty your bladder as often as you can. I wasn't feeling the urge to go, which means I was probably holding it too long and probably not voiding completely.

Keep an eye out for a fever. Hope you feel better soon!
    imagePregnancy Ticker
  • imageskio:
    Yeah, I have this. I was already treated for a UTI over a week ago and still have the burning, so I know it's not that. I have decided that it's most likely just issues with my bladder from pushing baby out; possible pressure on the urethra from something still being out of place or swollen.

Ditto the above about making sure to empty your bladder as often as you can. I wasn't feeling the urge to go, which means I was probably holding it too long and probably not voiding completely.

Keep an eye out for a fever. Hope you feel better soon!

Thanks! I called my ob/midwife this am. She said that its most likely vaginal tissue irritation. The pain isn't here as much this am so I'm guessing that's the cause. They are having me go to a lab and do a clean catch urine sample just to be sure but she said when you are healing down there the acid from urine can cause burning.
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"