April 2013 Moms

STTN

Anyone else's LO still waking note than once through the night? My LO goes down between 830 to 930 wakes anywhere from 130 to 230 then again between 4 and 6. If he wakes up around 6 we are up for the day. Last week and Monday he slept through his 130 to230 wake up which was awesome but now we are back to the tiresome nights. I can't wait for a better sleep schedule!
Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: STTN

• imagecas110688:
    Anyone else's LO still waking note than once through the night? My LO goes down between 830 to 930 wakes anywhere from 130 to 230 then again between 4 and 6. If he wakes up around 6 we are up for the day. Last week and Monday he slept through his 130 to230 wake up which was awesome but now we are back to the tiresome nights. I can't wait for a better sleep schedule!

This is my exact schedule, except LO will go back to sleep until about 8 a.m. Honestly, it's not great sleep, but I don't think it's that bad. My 2 year old used to get up every 2 hours for months!
  • Mine still wakes every 2 hours!!! Sigh.... Is it the breastfeeding?
  • Loading the player...
  • imageMamaAli0722:
    Mine still wakes every 2 hours!!! Sigh.... Is it the breastfeeding?

No, it's not BF... my lo started sttn a couple weeks ago and I BF. Not sure what it is! The couple times he has woken up were when he soaked through his sheet.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Shel79Shel79 member
    Yep. Mine went to sleep at 8:30, and woke up to eat at 10:30, 2, and 5. Then they woke up for the day at 6:45. I'm exhausted! I about hit DH this morning when he told me last night was his best night of sleep all week!
    imageBabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imagecas110688:

Most nights we LO goes down at 9 and up at 230 or 3.   Back down until 630 when we get up for the day.   Every few days though she wakes up at 530 and because mommy wants more sleep we go back down until around 7.  

Interestingly though she is usually awake from 630-7 until 9-930 and then she crashes for a 3 hour nap ;-/  leaving me completely immobile for the morning because she won't sleep through me taking her out.     

• I've noticed (b/c I keep a notebook)- if he eats 35 oz, he will sleep 10-6. If he has 30 oz, he will do what you've noted- 10-2, eat and then 2:30-6, up for the day.
  • My LO woke up FOUR times last night. And this after barely napping yesterday. I am ready to kill someone today.

I know all babies are different but mine mostly seems to be all over the map. She was really consistent for a while with about a 5 hour stretch before waking up, but now it's a crab shoot. The only thing that she seems to keep up with is her 9 PM bedtime.

It's really hard, both DH and I are exhausted... I have not slept more than 5.5 hours straight in almost 4 months....and those nights are rare. I keep waiting for things to shift, but no dice yet.

"I won't give up on us, even if the skies get rough, I'm giving you all my love, I"m still looking up."
    TTC #1 since August 2011 MFI Diagnosis - April 2012
    IVF #1 - July 2012 - Stims start 7/2, ER 7/12, 20 retrieved, 16 mature, 13 fertilized!
    ET - 7/17 - 1 blast transferred. Beta - 7/26 273, Beta 2 7/30 - 1143. Beta 3 8/6 - 11,597
    12/25 - Santa tells us "IT'S A GIRL!" EDD - April 4th

Our Little Easter Bunny has arrived!

Molly Mildred born 03/31/13

TTC A Sibling....... FET #1 11/14/14, Transferred one beautiful blast

Remaining four frosties arrested due to "embryologist error"

Plllllleasssee stick little icicle.....Beta 11/23...BFN

Starting ALL over with a fresh IVF cycle

Stims start 11/28/14, ER December 10th, 13 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, only 4 fertilized 

1 Blast Transferred on December 15th..... Beta Christmas Eve... Please Santa, bring me a baby!

Beta #1 345.....Beta #2....750/ First U/S 1/13/15/HB 131....EDD 9/2/2015

• kblairkblair member

imagecas110688:

Yes this is pretty much our exact same schedule.  A few nights here and there he will sleep from 7 until 4 or 5 but for the most part we count on a 1 and 4 feeding.  I am with you, I can't wait for a better sleep schedule. 

• My LO is 5 weeks old breastfed goes down around 93010 and wakes up around 130 and 5 we usually go back to bed until 8 when we finally get up
  • leasajleasaj member
    imageJBDamonM:
    My LO woke up FOUR times last night. And this after barely napping yesterday. I am ready to kill someone today.
    I know all babies are different but mine mostly seems to be all over the map. She was really consistent for a while with about a 5 hour stretch before waking up, but now it's a crab shoot. The only thing that she seems to keep up with is her 9 PM bedtime.
    It's really hard, both DH and I are exhausted... I have not slept more than 5.5 hours straight in almost 4 months....and those nights are rare. I keep waiting for things to shift, but no dice yet.

This....except 5.5 hrs would be great! My LO goes to bed between 10 and 1130. If I try to put her down sooner so will sleep for 30 min and then up for hours.
  • imageJBDamonM:
    My LO woke up FOUR times last night. And this after barely napping yesterday. I am ready to kill someone today.
    I feel your pain...right there with you. Last night DS went down at 8. Up at 10:50, diaper change. Up at 1:30 to feed. Up at 4:30 for diaper change. Up at 5:45 to feed. Finally stumbled out of bed at 8:30. Blech.
    Over-40 parents...what we lack in vigor, we make up for with cunning.
  • imageJBDamonM:

This. I thought my LO was the only one after seeing so many STTN posts. M y LO sleeps differently every day and week! At least I know it won't last forever.

LO, knock on wood, is a good napper though and will give me long AM and afternoon naps so I will try to snooze with her during those times.

Now I know why the book Go The F to Sleep was written.. lol!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Yes still about twice between 8:30pm and 7:30am... it varies though I don't even pay attention to what time it is anymore!
     Image and video hosting by TinyPic!Image and video hosting by TinyPic
               Warner, our early surprise, born March 12, 2013!
            Watching You Grow Everyday, Right Before Our Eyes!
  • He might be getting there. My DS dropped from two MOTN feedings to one at around 8 weeks, and for a little while there he would g back and forth between one and two feedings before finally dropping the first feeding for good (at least for now!). He started giving us a 5-6 hour stretch on the reg at that point... So hopefully your LO is progressing in that manner, too!

eta: my lo seems to sleep a longer stretch when I put him down later, and I think it's because he ends up eating a little more right before bed. We EBF. 

Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • imagecas110688:

exact same schedule for us too, although we havent had a STTN yet! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"