May 2013 Moms

9 week Growth Spurt

DS is 9 weeks today and he has only slept 45 minutes since 7:15 this morning. It is now 2pm. He has eaten close to his daily oz already. Right around 18 oz.

Anyone else experienced this around 9 weeks? I know it can happen anytime but it makes me thankful I'm not bfing anymore. He won't sleep on me, in his swing or in his bed.

He eats, falls asleep for 23 minutes and then wakes up and eats some more. I put him in his swing for about 15 minutes to take care of DS1 and then he starts fussing again and I try to put him to sleep with no luck so more bottle and he eats more. This is ongoing all day.

I even tried the carrier which puts him to sleep in seconds. It's like magic. Not today though. Wide awake after 10 minutes of walking around my house.
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: 9 week Growth Spurt

• I read somewhere that growth spurts happen at 3 weeks, 6 weeks, 3 months, and 6 months, so I'm not sure if that is what's going on with your LO. Hope it gets better soon!
    CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers
    O14 January Signature Challenge: Snow Fails
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • pnutgpnutg member
    Bummer. But it does sound like a growth spurt.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • kmcd23kmcd23 member
    I don't know about a growth spurt, but 9 weeks is the end of a developmental 'leap' according to that app that was shared on here last week... I forget the name. And all those developmental times can wreak havoc on the normal patterns.
  • imagekmcd23:
    I don't know about a growth spurt, but 9 weeks is the end of a developmental 'leap' according to that app that was shared on here last week... I forget the name. And all those developmental times can wreak havoc on the normal patterns.
    It is the wonder weeks ap. maybe that is it op!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC #2:
    March - May 2014 - Natural cycles - no luck
    June 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    July 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    August 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    September 2014 - Clomid 50mg - Fingers crossed...

• S has been the same way this week, although we were thinking she just wasn't getting enough from me which was why she kept waking up or not even going to sleep during her naps. She's gotten better today, and we're almost to 10 weeks so I'm hoping whatever this is, it's almost done!
  • My mom's favorite quote when it comes to my LO is "everyday is something new." And its so true. Wed LO was crazy fussy for no apparent reason. And the next day fine. Maybe he's just having a "day." Good luck
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"