January 2013 Moms

prayers please abnormal pap

Im so worried i received my pap results bk and my pap came bk abnormal now i have to wait to be scheduled an appointment for a colposcopy im really asking for prayers from everyone that everything is ok with me. Has anyone ever had a colposcopy? Or abnormal pap results? Im nervous scared worried
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: prayers please abnormal pap

• I've an abnormal pap before, but they just scheduled another one 6 months later. I know for me it wasn't made clear to me not to have sex in the day or so before the pap. Oops.
  • imagexDanniellex:
    I've an abnormal pap before, but they just scheduled another one 6 months later. I know for me it wasn't made clear to me not to have sex in the day or so before the pap. Oops.

oh ok im just really hoping its something minor there all many thoughts like could i have cancer just really nervous worried i am praying i am ok thank you
  • Loading the player...
  • I had an abnormal pap when I was 19...they just did another one and it was all clear. Sending positive thoughts your way!

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• I've had two abnormal paps.  Once around age 20 and another around 25.  I had repeats paps about 6 months later and both were normal.  Don't stress too much about it yet. 

• I have also had two abnormal paps and then two colposcopys. On when I was in my early 20s and one when I was 25ish. Everything came back fine. I continued to have paps every 6 mos. for a while (I can't remember for how long). Try not to stress too much!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

• I had an abnormal pap and had to have a colposcopy when I was 20. It was a tad painful, but nothing too bad. I remember I had cramps the rest of the day, again, not too bad.

Everything healed and I haven't had any issues since. Prayers for you that everything goes smoothly and all of it is behind you soon!
  • I had an abnormal pap when I was young (in my twenties).  It turned out I had HPV. Not great, but very common, especially among young sexually active college students (which I was at the time).  I had a biopsy, and they had to treat a few warts (sorry, TMI).  In my case, the treatment worked, and I have never again had an abnormal pap. The HPV has apparently disappeared.

Remember that the screening is done so that they can catch anything before it becomes cancerous, so this is a good thing. Good luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageReeceFamily:
    I had an abnormal pap when I was young in my twenties. nbsp;It turned out I had HPV. Not great, but very common, especially among young sexually active college students which I was at the time. nbsp;I had a biopsy, and they had to treat a few warts sorry, TMI.
    nbsp;In my case, the treatment
    worked, and I have never again had an
    abnormal pap. The HPV has
    apparently disappeared.Remember that the screening is
    done so that they can catch anything
    before it becomes cancerous, so this
    is a good thing. Good luck![/
    quote]
    thanks alot im trying to feel better just needed some info soon as i got the results bk i was in tears about it just the thought of abnormal pap then having to do the screening just scared about getting bad news
  • imagekcampbell1029:
    I have also had two abnormal paps and then two colposcopys. On when I was in my early 20s and one when I was 25ish. Everything came back fine. I continued to have paps every 6 mos. for a while I can't remember for how long. Try not to stress too much!

thank u so much i feel a little relieved getting more info about this esp knowing there are ppl who've had this done before everything was fine! Im just praying things are ok with me i have a 6mnth old i love dearly idk what i would do if i got bk any bad news after the colposcopy just very worried!
  • imagehilarylucille:
    I had an abnormal pap and had to have a colposcopy when I was 20. It was a tad painful, but nothing too bad. I remember I had cramps the rest of the day, again, not too bad.

Everything healed and I haven't had
    any issues since. Prayers for you that
    everything goes smoothly and all of it
    is behind you soon!

Thank u so much im praying everything goes smootly and everything is ok with me! I will keep everyone updated just hurts me i have to wait to be mailed out an appointment im scared and nervous!
  • image82Sonia:
    I've had two abnormal paps.nbsp; Once around age 20 and another around 25.nbsp; I had repeats paps about 6 months later and both were normal.nbsp; Don't stress too much about it yet.nbsp;

i am.praying everything is fine after the colponscopy is done. Ive been crying all day after receiving the letter in the mail about this.
  • imagejobiann:
    I had an abnormal pap when I was 19...they just did another one and it was all clear. Sending positive thoughts your way!

Thanks i greatly appreciate the prayers thoughts..im just hoping for the best pray everything from the results from the colposcopy comes bk fine! Fingers crossed trying to stop all the crying kinda sad from getting bk results
  • Prayers for you. I too have had an abnormal pap and had to follow up but all turned out ok. I know it's scary though. Hang in there and try not to stress.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageArichison08:
    Prayers for you. I too have had an abnormal pap and had to follow up but all turned out ok. I know it's scary though. Hang in there and try not to stress.

Thanks i am trying to not stress plus with having my 6mnth old she teething just gonna pray about it hope all is well with the colponscopy
  • I had an abnormal pap two years ago. After the colposcopy and a biopsy (which was a little painful) it was discovered that I had severe displasia which is pre-cancerous cells. I had to have my cervix frozen twice to kill the cells, and was going in for another colposcopy and there were talks of more serious treatment when I found out I was pregnant. My doctor decided to wait on the procedure and I had a pap after having DS and everything came back clear. But because of how severe the pre-cancerous cells were I have to go back every 6 months for the next 5 years. UGH!

I will think positive thoughts for you! I know how scary it can be, but more likely than not you'll just have to go back in a year or so for another test.

• I had several abnormal paps over the past 14 years. With each, I had to have a  colposcopy and a biopsy. Like PP said, the biopsy was a little painful-my doctor suggested that I take 4 aleve before the procedure. Two out of the five times, I was diagnosed with severe dysplasia and had to have a LEEP procedure to remove the abnormal cells. The LEEP took care of the dysplasia both times and everything is back to normal!

I definitely know what you're going through...anticipating what was going to happen was definitely worse than the colpo/biopsy itself. I am definitely a worry-wort! Just take care of yourself and ask your doctor about taking something before the procedure for pain. 

Praying for good results and your peace of mind! If you need to take to someone, please message me! Take care! 

• imagehilarylucille:
    I had an abnormal pap and had to have a colposcopy when I was 20. It was a tad painful, but nothing too bad. I remember I had cramps the rest of the day, again, not too bad.

Everything healed and I haven't had any issues since. Prayers for you that everything goes smoothly and all of it is behind you soon!

Same here. Don't worry too much until the colpo.

Jacob, 1/14/13
  • Same boat here, I have a colpo schedule for a week from Monday. I am really scared about it. Hoping for the best.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagehilarylucille:

Everything healed and I haven't had
    any issues since. Prayers for you that
    everything goes smoothly and all of it
    is behind you soon!

Have your paps been normal since this?
  • imagecarteramariec:
    I had an abnormal pap two years ago. After the colposcopy and a biopsy which was a little painful it was discovered that I had severe displasia which is precancerous cells. I had to have my cervix frozen twice to kill the cells, and was going in for another colposcopy
    and there were talks of more serious treatment when I found out I was
    pregnant. My doctor decided to wait
    on the procedure and I had a pap after
    having DS and everything came back
    clear. But because of how severe the
    precancerous cells were I have to go
    back every 6 months for the next 5
    years. UGH!I will think positive thoughts for you! I know how scary it can be, but more likely than not you'll just have to go back in a year or so for another test.

Im trying to think positive thoughts hearing your story or from other ppl who have experienced what and how i am feeling right now is helping me feel a little better..thanks everyone i really appreciate it.
  • imageprissy1479:
    I had several abnormal paps over the past 14 years. With each, I had to have anbsp; colposcopy and a biopsy. Like PP said, the biopsy was a little painfulmy doctor suggested that I take 4 aleve before the procedure. Two out of the five times, I was diagnosed with
    severe dysplasia and had to have a LEEP procedure to remove the abnormal cells. The LEEP took care of the dysplasia both times and everything is back to normal! I definitely know what you're going through...anticipating what was going
    to happen was definitely worse than
    the colpo/biopsy itself. I am definitely
    a worrywort! Just take care of yourself
    and ask your doctor about taking
    something before the procedure for
    pain.nbsp; Praying for good
    results and your peace of mind! If yo
    u need to take to someone, please message me! Take care!nbsp;

Yes it just kind of giving me anxiety just the waiting period to have it scheduled and just worries me that its abnormal im glad to hear from ppl who have experienced this same situation and results were clear and fine..im just praying that everything will turn out ok and fine with me..i am so worrisome..trying to keep a good peace of mind but its hard not to think about it.
  • imageb0710:
    T and P for you! I had an abnormal pap once and apparently they didn't get enough cells in the Pap smear so they had to do it again, which came back just fine. I didn't even know that could happen. Hoping you get something really minor too!

Thanks i am hoping praying too!
  • T&Ps. My roommate in college had an abnormal pap and it wasn't cancer or anything serious. Turned out to be NBD. Hope it turns out all right for you!
  • imageMinipenguin:
    Tamp;Ps. My roommate in college had an abnormal pap and it wasn't cancer or anything serious. Turned out to be NBD. Hope it turns out all right for you! [/quote

thanks alot im hoping praying its something minor from the looks of it looks like it is.
  • imagemisscarter87:
    imageb0710:
    T and P for you! I had an abnormal pap once and apparently they didn't get enough cells in the Pap smear so they had to do it again, which came back just fine. I didn't even know that could happen. Hoping you get something really minor too!

i didnt know that could happen either praying its just a small issue like yours!

Thanks i am hoping praying too!
  • image2013mommy:
    Tamp;P to you!

thanks i greatly appreciate it i will be praying about this and trying not to stress so much about it
  • imageStarfish02807:
    Same boat here, I have a colpo schedule for a week from Monday. I am really scared about it. Hoping for the best.

message me if u need some1 to talk to! TP for you also hoping all goes well with your colpo! i just received an appt my colpo is scheduled for friday the
    19th. So i am praying that everything
    goes well is okay on friday!!! Still scared worried a lil bit!
  • My colposcopy is scheduled for friday july 19th i am praying hoping all goes well! If anyone has any advicd on what or how i should prepare for this please let me know. So far ive heard taking a few aleve or otc meds because its a little painful! Any other advice please share! Thanks everyone i greatly appreciate all your thoughts prayers. Im still a bit nervous worried too but thanks for sharing your stories with me it has helped quite a bit.
  • I've had many abnormal paps, but never turned out to be serious. I have had a colposcopy as well. It wasn't bad. It is definitely scary, but try not to worry...it could be nothing at all. Thinking of you!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagetwobytwomom:
    I've had many abnormal paps, but never turned out to be serious. I have had a colposcopy as well. It wasn't bad. It is definitely scary, but try not to worry...it could be nothing at all. Thinking of you!

Thank u so much yes i am scared about having the colpo i am praying its nothing i go on friday to have my colpo just praying all is ok
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"