August 2013 Moms
Options

UO

Ill get it started this morning from mobile.

Im sick of all the baby name posts. There is a board for that. Flame away now.

Re: UO

• Options

I get annoyed when I hear people talk in definites about having children:

Examples: 

"I would never give my baby formula." 

"I would never let my kid cry it out." 

"I would never get an epidural."

"I would never let me kid act like that in a store."

etc. 

I just want to scream at them - You have no idea what will or won't work for you or your kid yet - even if you are a BTDT mommy - every birth and every baby is different. You have no idea if something is or is not going to go your way with breastfeeding, labor, colic, anything. I think speak in definites rather than "I plan to..." or "I hope to..." are poops.

• Options

I like tapioca pudding. I like rice pudding. And I like them both with raisins.

Apparently, I am 80 years old.

"The cleaning, the scrubbing will wait til tomorrow,
    For children grow up, as I've learned to my sorrow.
    So, quiet down cobwebs. Dust go to sleep.
    I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep."
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageBellaOso:
    I get annoyed when I hear people talk in definites about having children: Examples:nbsp;"I would never give my baby formula."nbsp;"I would never let my kid cry it out."nbsp;"I would never get an epidural." "I would never let me kid act like that in a store." etc.nbsp;I just want to scream at them You have no idea what will or won't work for you or your kid yet even if you are a BTDT mommy every birth and every baby is different. You have no idea if something is or is not going to go your way with breastfeeding, labor, colic, anything. I think speak in definites rather than "I plan to..." or "I hope to..." are poops.

Agreed.
  • Options
    imageCosmicLove:
    I like tapioca pudding. I like rice pudding. And I like them both with raisins.Apparently, I am 80 years old.

Mmmmmmmmmm yummy
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker .facebook_-966822808 IMG00064-20101108-0836 20120901_120106 BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I hate mobile bumping... But its the only enteranment I have at the moment. That's all I can think of right now. It's way too early for me to be up.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I know this probably isn't really a UO but I'm getting sick I the cervix/dilation posts. We are all at the point that this could/should be happening. It doesn't mean your baby's going to fall out or come imminently, it just means your body is getting ready. I'm also not looking forward to all the 'fun' mucus plug posts.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I don't like kids or babies... I don't know what to do with them.  I know I'll love mine but I'm not interested in oohing and ahhing at your baby or entertaining your child.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I hate mosquitoes. Hate hate hate HATE mosquitoes.

I also hate it when I'm about to pull into a parking spot and someone comes and steals it by pulling through from the other side, almost hitting me, and then gives ME the dirty look! Uh, what you just did was technically illegal, GTFO!

imageimageimage

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I hate bumping from the west coast. Except Tuesday and Thursday mornings when I work at 5 a.m. I feel like i Can actually be apart of things. The rest of the time I'm struggling to contribute within a reasonable time to when a thread is posted. Basically I always feel late to the party, boo time difference! But I still contribute even if it is the last one on a thread. 
  • Options
    imageJBear02:

I hate mosquitoes. Hate hate hate HATE mosquitoes.

I also hate it when I'm about to pull into a parking spot and someone comes and steals it by pulling through from the other side, almost hitting me, and then gives ME the dirty look! Uh, what you just did was technically illegal, GTFO!

pretty sure that's not a UO... who actually likes mosquitos? lol

they haven't been too bad here this year though (now I'm going to get attacked next time I go outside for sure) 

• Options

imagemanditxg:
    I don't like kids or babies... I don't know what to do with them.  I know I'll love mine but I'm not interested in oohing and ahhing at your baby or entertaining your child.

My PT job is as a server. They tell us to engage the children at the table, including the babies. I absolutely hate it. Like you, I don't like other people's kids or babies. I love my own, but I have no interest in looking at other people's kids.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerLilypie First Birthday tickers

BFP 3/29/2014 2u2 Let's do this!

BabyFruit Ticker

photo crunchy_zps41233998.gif

• Options

imagelkobriant:
    I know this probably isn't really a UO but I'm getting sick I the cervix/dilation posts. We are all at the point that this could/should be happening. It doesn't mean your baby's going to fall out or come imminently, it just means your body is getting ready. I'm also not looking forward to all the 'fun' mucus plug posts.

But... But... I'm half a cm dilated.  Doesn't that mean my baby is going to pop out sometime this week?!?!

photo crunchy_zps41233998.gifimagephoto crunchy_zps41233998.gif
    My baby is ONE!!

• Options
    imageCosmic+Love:

Let me help you get your dentures m'dear Wink

My baby is ONE!!

• Options
    I hate when posts/texts contain the word "Gah!"...wtf is gah?!?!?!

• Options
    My UO: I absolutely hated the bump changes yesterday. I spent about an hour completely confused and frustrated. It was way too hard to navigate between boards. I definitely prefer this format.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerLilypie First Birthday tickers

BFP 3/29/2014 2u2 Let's do this!

BabyFruit Ticker

photo crunchy_zps41233998.gif

• Options
    imageV&G101808:
    imageCosmic+Love:

photo: I hate you.

;)

• Options
    I'm probably only going to read like 5 of the birth stories that come up on here. Sorry, but it just isn't that interesting to me. And I'll probably share that my baby was born, how, and how big he is... but you're not going to get a 3 paragraph essay from me on the experience unless there was some kind of freak experience. I just don't think that's interesting or fun. And really, no one cares. 
    Married DH <3 : 7/7/12; 3 fur babies (2 dogs and 1 cat)
    DS born 9/3/13; DD born 7/22/15; LO due 5/28/18
    FS (age 5) and FD (age 2) to become AS/AD very soon!

• Options
    imageCosmic+Love:
    imageV&G101808:
    imageCosmic+Love:

photo: I hate you.

;)

My baby is ONE!!

• Options
    imagemanditxg:
    I don't like kids or babies... I don't know what to do with them. nbsp;I know I'll love mine but I'm not interested in oohing and ahhing at your baby or entertaining your child.

This is me too!
  • Options
    imageV&G101808:
    imageCosmic+Love:
    imageV&G101808:
    imageCosmic+Love:

;)

• Options

imagemommabmb:
    I'm probably only going to read like 5 of the birth stories that come up on here. Sorry, but it just isn't that interesting to me. And I'll probably share that my baby was born, how, and how big he is... but you're not going to get a 3 paragraph essay from me on the experience unless there was some kind of freak experience. I just don't think that's interesting or fun. And really, no one cares. 

I haven't read any of them yet because I haven't recognized the names and if I don't recognize the names then there is a good chance you probably didn't contribute.  

imageimageimageimage

• Options
    imageSanguar:

imageamandarins:
    I hate when posts/texts contain the word "Gah!"...wtf is gah?!?!?!

A sound of frustration Big Smile  Similar to "Urgh". 

lol, yea I assumed such but have never actually heard someone say that IRL. It's like a made up written only word that actually reads like the noise an annoying bird makes.  

• Options
    I know that there is a problem with obesity in the world, but why is it necessary to have a "girls plus" section and "boys husky" section?? Why can't there just be a girls/boys? Do we really need to be labeling our kids at a young age, hurting their self image? Let them be kids, help them be healthy and get healthy but don't label them. To me, all that does is affect them negatively the rest of their lives and make them obsess over their size.

Eta: I know those sections aren't in every store.
    A'13 June Siggy Contest- TV Dads
  • Options
    I hate the Jeep service center near us and the idiots who work there and don't communicate with each other or take good notes when appointments are made! 
  • Options

imagemommabmb:

I think I must be a creeper, because I really enjoy reading most birth stories. That said, I promise not to post one on here. Maybe just some AW pics of the little one. :)

• Options

imageBlondieBia21:
    I know that there is a problem with obesity in the world, but why is it necessary to have a "girls plus" section and "boys husky" section?? Why can't there just be a girls/boys? Do we really need to be labeling our kids at a young age, hurting their self image? Let them be kids, help them be healthy and get healthy but don't label them. To me, all that does is affect them negatively the rest of their lives and make them obsess over their size.

just curious... how would you differentiate the sizes?  kids come in all shapes and sizes and just because they fit into a husky doesn't mean it's a weight issue.  my friend's son wears husky because he inherited her wide hips and has short legs... not because he is overweight.

• Options
    imageKatieS7:

I have two for today:

1. I really REALLY dislike the newborn phase.

2. I do not find Channing Tatum attractive and his movie Magic Mike creeped me out so much I had to turn it off. 

I refused to watch that movie!  my girl friends invited me to go watch it with them when it came out in theaters... I told them I had to work  

• Options
    I don't think this is too much of a UO here, but it is in my family.

I like doctors. I think most of them are good people who have your best interests at heart. I adore my OB,, we have a great connection and I trust her advice completely. Not that I think you shouldn't do your own research and me informed about the decisions you make about your medical help, but really. These people went to through years of intensive schooling; I think they know more than I do after an hour with Dr. Google.
    Maybe it's because I work with vets, but I just believe in trusting what the medical professional has to say.

My mom on the other hand doesn't like doctors; she had a bad experience many years ago and now mistrusts the whole field. She always says "remember, they call it 'practicing' medicine for a reason!" and firmly believes that every doctor and nurse is in the pocket of some pharmaceutical company or another. sigh
  • Options
    imageKatieS7:

2. I do not find Channing Tatum attractive and his movie Magic Mike creeped me out so much I had to turn it off. 

THIS!!! My BFF thinks I'm crazy, she loves him, but I just don't get it. OK, yes, in Magic Mike and probably other things, he has a very nice body, but his face looks like a potato! (DH and I call him Channing Potatum.) I also didn't like Magic Mike, but I think I'm just not a Soderbergh fan. It was just too depressing, too gritty, not as much fun as advertised. 

Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

• Options

imagemanditxg:

Me too! I have a friend with 2 kids under 1 year old and she's always like "wanna hold my baby?", ummmm no.  

• Options
    imagemanditxg:

imageBlondieBia21:

&nbsp;

just curious... how would you differentiate the sizes? &nbsp;kids come in all shapes and sizes and just because they fit into a husky doesn't mean it's a weight issue. &nbsp;my friend's son wears husky because he inherited her wide hips and has short legs... not because he is overweight.

I don't necessarily think it needs to be differentiated. Stores should embrace the fact that kids do come in all sizes and supply clothes based on that. I know it doesn't have to do with weight, I just wonder if the kids realize that. I wonder if they see that the clothes in the "women's plus" section are obviously larger than the women's section and if that translates to them that they are "bigger." I just think the separating names aren't needed, girls/boys would work for me.
    Thank you for pointing out that it doesn't have to be about weight, though. I didn't think about it that way until reading your post. I guess since I was one of the over weight kids, I don't want to have it be pointed out that "regular" kids clothes aren't for everyone. I feel it's more damaging than helpful.
  • Options
    imagemanditxg:

imageBlondieBia21:

just curious... how would you differentiate the sizes?  kids come in all shapes and sizes and just because they fit into a husky doesn't mean it's a weight issue.  my friend's son wears husky because he inherited her wide hips and has short legs... not because he is overweight.

This, I like walking into the store and knowing where my kids "fit" without having them try everything on.  My oldest is a beanpole and if both sets of pants were together I'd be annoyed that it wasn't labeled differently so I could tell which size is which.  I see "slim" "regular" and "husky" just the same as "short" "regular" and "tall"- it's just telling you the cut/size of the clothes.  I don't think anyone would be offended walking into the "tall" section of the store.

I know as they get older they will care what clothes they wear, but right now it's nice to just walking, pick clothes that fit and be done with it.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie - (HKbp)Lilypie - (WKbt)
     Lilypie - (2DqE)  Lilypie - (1KYE)
    Lilypie - (RlhZ)Lilypie - (1CAm)
  • Options
    imageshootthemoon:
    imageKatieS7:

THIS!!! My BFF thinks I'm crazy, she loves him, but I just don't get it. OK, yes, in Magic Mike and probably other things, he has a very nice body, but his face looks like a potato! (DH and I call him Channing Potatum.) I also didn't like Magic Mike, but I think I'm just not a Soderbergh fan. It was just too depressing, too gritty, not as much fun as advertised. 

That is hilarious! I also have never cared for him, only movie of his I semi-liked was 21 Jump Street because it was funny! Guess there are more of us non-Channing lovers out there than I thought. Surprise

• Options
    imageshootthemoon:
    imageKatieS7:

channing potatum made me giggle 

• Options
    imageBlondieBia21:
    imagemanditxg:

imageBlondieBia21:

I don't necessarily think it needs to be differentiated. Stores should embrace the fact that kids do come in all sizes and supply clothes based on that. I know it doesn't have to do with weight, I just wonder if the kids realize that. I wonder if they see that the clothes in the "women's plus" section are obviously larger than the women's section and if that translates to them that they are "bigger." I just think the separating names aren't needed, girls/boys would work for me. Thank you for pointing out that it doesn't have to be about weight, though. I didn't think about it that way until reading your post. I guess since I was one of the over weight kids, I don't want to have it be pointed out that "regular" kids clothes aren't for everyone. I feel it's more damaging than helpful.

Unless you are relegating everyone to drawstring pants there needs to be a differentiation between what is regular, and what is wider/longer etc.  My two oldest are 20 months apart and wear the same size clothing, but some of the pants for my younger one are "husky" because he is slightly wider than his older brother.  You can absolutely tell if DS1 grabbed pants from the wrong drawer, there is NO WAY they are staying up on him... same is DS2 grabs his brothers pants and wonders why he can't close the snap.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie - (HKbp)Lilypie - (WKbt)
     Lilypie - (2DqE)  Lilypie - (1KYE)
    Lilypie - (RlhZ)Lilypie - (1CAm)
  • Options
    I hate when women wear makeup to workout in. I don't get it. You are there to get sweaty and stinky and workout you do not need makeup.
  • Options

I will never let my kid CIO.

I will never again get an epidural.

I don't mind the baby name posts here, if I was going to get the opinion of anyone it would be the people I "know" vs those I don't.

I'm pretty sure Napoleon dynamite says "gah"?  I've never seen the whole movie. I tried and it was awful, that might be a UO.

image image

• Options

imagennikki10:
    I hate when women wear makeup to workout in. I don't get it. You are there to get sweaty and stinky and workout you do not need makeup.

I tend to think those are the single ones trying to pick up boys? 

image image

• Options
    imageBlondieBia21:
    imagemanditxg:

imageBlondieBia21:

I don't necessarily think it needs to be differentiated. Stores should embrace the fact that kids do come in all sizes and supply clothes based on that. I know it doesn't have to do with weight, I just wonder if the kids realize that. I wonder if they see that the clothes in the "women's plus" section are obviously larger than the women's section and if that translates to them that they are "bigger." I just think the separating names aren't needed, girls/boys would work for me. Thank you for pointing out that it doesn't have to be about weight, though. I didn't think about it that way until reading your post. I guess since I was one of the over weight kids, I don't want to have it be pointed out that "regular" kids clothes aren't for everyone. I feel it's more damaging than helpful.

If they didn't have them "labeled" differently, shopping for my daughter would be a nightmare! She is almost 7 and wears a size 5 Slim jeans and 4 Slim shorts. If they weren't labeled as such, it would be awful trying on pair after pair after pair!

Most kids clothing stores I shop at for her don't have the slim/regular then plus in separate areas. They are just marked different on the tags (4S, 4R, 4P). So the kids still shop in the same area, just look for the specific size.

ETA: Also if they only made "boy/girl" sizes, they wouldn't fit DD. She can't keep the regulars up, they would be falling down constantly.

• Options
    imageMammaBear81:
    imagemanditxg:

imageBlondieBia21:

&nbsp;

just curious... how would you differentiate the sizes? &nbsp;kids come in all shapes and sizes and just because they fit into a husky doesn't mean it's a weight issue. &nbsp;my friend's son wears husky because he inherited her wide hips and has short legs... not because he is overweight.

This, I like walking into the store and knowing where my kids "fit" without having them try everything on.&nbsp; My oldest is a beanpole and if both sets of pants were together I'd be annoyed that it wasn't labeled differently so I could tell which size is which.&nbsp; I see "slim" "regular" and "husky" just the same as "short" "regular" and "tall"- it's just telling you the cut/size of the clothes.&nbsp; I don't think anyone would be offended walking into the "tall" section of the store.

I know as they get older they will care what clothes they wear, but right now it's nice to just walking, pick clothes that fit and be done with it.

I do understand that and see how it can be helpful, but don't see how a big sign that says "girl plus" and "boys husky" dividing sections is. Can't they all be intermixed so kids don't feel like they are being separated knowing that they have to get their clothes "over there" and not from where all the other kids clothes are? I could just be taking it personal from my own experiences as a kid.. Which could be very true haha
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"